Who's Making The Top Six?

Stu

Imagine how exciting it would have been if we hadnt thrown away so many silly points earlier in the season.

Looking at where Celtic are right now I genuinely feel this season is likely to be viewed in retrospect as an opportunity missed.

If we hadn't have thrown away as many silly points throughout the season then Celtic wouldn't have either. They have been complacent, lazy even this season because they know they are untouchable as far as the league title goes. If they had to they would have upped their game when needed.

• Like 1

If we hadn't have thrown away as many silly points throughout the season then Celtic wouldn't have either. They have been complacent, lazy even this season because they know they are untouchable as far as the league title goes. If they had to they would have upped their game when needed.

There goes the yin/yang again! Lol.

We, and no doubt every other club, say the same "if only" line every season. It's one of the great things about football that you can win games you don't deserve to. Obviously you can lose games you don't deserve to also but I'm sure if you ran through all our fixtures and tried to take an unbiased view on points due we'd be pretty much where we are now.

Theses are the outstanding SPL pre splt fixtures.....and possible total points tally.

We have,St Midden home 53 points 56 possible 71 after split

ICT have ,StJ home 50 53 68

---------------------------------------------------

RCFC have Tarts away 45 48 63

St J ICT away 45 48 63

Killie have ,Dundee h 42 45 60

----------------------------------------------------

Sheep have ,Arabs away 41 44 59

Arabs have Sheep home 41 44 59

Hivs have ,Smeltic away 40 43 58

10 points from the remaing six will guarantee Europe....funny feeling its going to be the typical Well rollercoster over the next few weeks....

wait for it Celtic (h).

What if we play Celtic at home in the 1st game post split and it is the game they could win the title. Higgy Saturday anyone???? I wonder of the club would ask us to give over the Cooper......;)

This is what I think will happen aswell unfortunately. Celtic will win the league at Fir Park.

How's that?

Because technically both us & them would still be able to win the league.

We all know there's no chance of us actually winning the league, but in the interests of fairness they can't give an advantage of 3 home games v 1 to either team. Not even the SPL would do that!

No point going over scenarios, we are where we are right now, Celtic only need to beat us when they play us to win the league.

If nothing else this season has proved that the league is winnable. Celtic are not invincible, you just need a bit of luck with results, injuries and suspensions ( A goal scorer who can guarantee you 25-30 goals a season also helps). I fully expected Celtic to have won the league by now, and the fact that they haven't is a tribute to us for holding on for so long.

Post-split fixture plans

Given that four clubs can still clinch the final top-six place, and the need to liaise with police and broadcasters, it is our intention to publish the post-split fixtures at some point on Monday April 8.

Games will be played on the weekends of April 20, April 27, May 4, May 11 and May 18

Just seen this on SPL website.

Theses are the outstanding SPL pre splt fixtures.....and possible total points tally.

We have,St Midden home 53 points 56 possible 71 after split

ICT actual 51 post split possible 66

---------------------------------------------------

RCFC have Tarts away 45 48 63

St J actual 46 post split possible 61

Killie have ,Dundee h 42 45 60

----------------------------------------------------

Sheep have ,Arabs away 41 44 59

Arabs have Sheep home 41 44 59

Hivs have ,Smeltic away 40 43 58

10 points from the remaing six will guarantee Europe....funny feeling its going to be the typical Well rollercoster over the next few weeks....

:whistling:

And, of course, those post-split possible points can't all be met as the teams involved all play each other.

However, it is still possible that ICT and Ross County could both achieve 63 points. Therefore, yes, as it stands, a maximum of 10 more points are required from us.

And, of course, those post-split possible points can't all be met as the teams involved all play each other.

However, it is still possible that ICT and Ross County could both achieve 63 points. Therefore, yes, as it stands, a maximum of 10 more points are required from us.

many possible permutations but I think you are alluding to the fact that we may not need 10 points since you did state Max of 10. reading between the lines I tihnk you are saying that it is unlikely that both count and caley will get to 63 or 66. Regardless, i suppose we just keep on trying to win 1 game at a time and hope our rivals drop points.

Excellent chance tomorrow to widen the gap between us and inverness and posisbly county if they drop points against hearts, which I think they will. So a win could put us 10 points ahead of a non european spot with only 15 to play for. Play and beat that team ( St J or County ) the first game after the split and european spot could be guranteed as we would be 13 ahead with only 12 to play for. That would leave just the battle for second place.

edit: Ok not quite. We would have to reply on the other one of StJ or County to also drop points in the first post game split.

So a victory against St Mirren would be a huge result for us. I am feeling strangely confident that we will uncharateristically beat them quite soundly. I think the guys will be up for this, Higgy will be fired up to maintain leading goal scorer and to break the motherwell record. Faddy will add that bit of flair and magic.

I think tomorrow is going be a great day to be a motherwell supporter!!!!!!!