2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Erwin out on a 1 month loan to Arbroath.

Would have been nice to see him at a team like Accies but hopefully it works out well for him.

Wonder if Moore will be loaned out.

Moore has taken the field this season while Erwin has not. Fair to say Moore seems to be ahead of Erwin in the front player pecking order.

Would have been nice to see him at a team like Accies but hopefully it works out well for him.

Good move for him, got a sneaky feeling the big lad will run riot down there. A month isn't bad, get him game time a bit of experience and see how he goes.

We have a larger budget than Inverness. It must also be harder to convince players to join Inverness due to the location. It's a long commute from central Scotland, never mind England.

I still rate Terry Butcher as the best Motherwell manager since Tommy McLean. It was Terry Butcher's donkey work that set up our recent consistent spell of Top 6 finishes. He worked miracles with no money when other clubs were still splashing the cash around, his cup record was superb and he brought in probably the best outfield player we've had at the club in the last ten years, Scott McDonald.

His five years at the club were the foundation for everything every manager since then has achieved.

Each to their own. For me McCall is and has been a better Manager than Terry. I like Butcher and there is no doubting his motivational skills, but I recall that when a game needed changing or tactics reviewed he was left sadly wanting.

2 runners up spots in the league and a Scottish Cup final ends the argument IMHO

The move that McHugh needs. Get a bit of confidence at his level, and then he may be able to scrape a job for us until the end of the season, and let younger, actual prospects have a shot in the first team.

Whos Ben Hall then?

There was a post probably about 300 pages ago now, where someone posted a link about a laddie from NI who had joined or would be joining up with one of our youth sides. I'm guessing it might be him.

Especially as McCall will hopefully play Ainsworth righr wing, Vigurs or ZFA left and Faddy in behind either Anier or Sutton. We would then have Anier/Sutton off the bench or Faddy for that matter if both Anier and Sutton continue their run of form to come off the bench as well as Moore waiting in the wings = grim situation for McHugh.

1378034468[/url]' post='395113']

Especially as McCall will hopefully play Ainsworth righr wing, Vigurs or ZFA left and Faddy in behind either Anier or Sutton. We would then have Anier/Sutton off the bench or Faddy for that matter if both Anier and Sutton continue their run of form to come off the bench as well as Moore waiting in the wings = grim situation for McHugh.

Given financial constraints, confirms the decision to award a new two year deal as one of folly.

Depends when the contract was offered, if it was before we signed Sutton and anier, then no it doesn't

I know we do not have a lot of money but we still need a squad, not just a team. No idea how much Bob is on but I think he might still chime in with a few goals off the bench and added to that we have not signed Ainsworth or Anier, they are on loand ( till January just ? ) So I don't think giving Bob a 2 year contract is a bad thing