2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Yeah McCall enquired about taking him on loan after the friendly at the start of the season, if I remember right?

One I my best mates is a big Newcastle fan and rates him very highly. Can play up front or wide and is lightning quick apparently. He says at the minute he's just a bit too lightweight and could do with bulking up a bit before appearing more for their first team.

Aye get him up here on loan we will soon bulk him up on our training regime Jogging to the Silver Moon, McDonalds and the Rex he will be a bulky boy all right and probelly the fittest in the team

McCall in today's Motherwell Times - unlikely to be any additions to the squad in January.

It may well be true. On the other hand he has said that a few times and soon after brought in a player e.g. Ojamaa and Faddy.

I hope this is more of the same.

The only way we would have been signing anyone in Jan was if we got a decent bid for Hutch and had the prospect of a league cup semi or scottish cup match after new year. McCall's made a cunt of that so now we simply have to accept anything for Hutch just to cover the cash shortfall.

The only new faces we will see is 1 or 2 from the 19's Murray/Neil/Thomas/McCafferty/Leitch/Moore/Erwin. And even then,looking at McCalls past record itll be grudgingly

Dundee keeper Dan Twardzik has joined Motherwell on loan

From an STV news reporter.

huh.gif

I know Nielsen picked up an injury on Friday, can we sign a keeper on an emergency loan if he's out along with Hollis?

EDIT- Dundee are reporting it's true.

My link

So it looks like it'll be Twardzik or Stewart in goal on Saturday then.

I no hes a bit of a dick , but derek riordon was in the paper yesterday saying that he would play for nothing just to get himself back on show , so a month to month contract .and take it from there . hes not any worse than some of the pish we have got, oh and i no he has got baggage, but he is FREE and if he messes up , then we get him to feck , its only a suggestion like !!!! :whistling:

• Like 1

I hope Stewart gets a chance. I would love to see what he can do. What injury does Hollis have?

Lee Hollis has missed two months with a bad ankle injury

Gunnar Nielsen picked up a knock in his thigh

Max Currie (illness)

Brett Long (knee ligaments)

are the injuries to our keepers

This will tell us a lot about McCalls willingness to develop the young guys at the club. A choice between our own young untried inexperienced keeper or our young untried inexperienced loan keeper from Dundee reserves! Unfortunately im pretty sure which 1 he will go with

• Like 1

Same.

Anyone but him even if he was free and bought everyone in the ground a pint .A washed up nae user ,why do you think he cant get a club cause he blew his carear bigtime had a bit of talent and didn't use it .Oh and lastly he is a fanny

Who was te last good keeper we produced from our youth system?

Ally Maxwell?

I think so.

Although I imagine keeper is the most difficult position to hold onto through the ranks. Sooner or later, they are going to want to play competitive games every week and young keepers generally don't get in the first team of top flight teams.