2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

They'll both be leaving in January. So will Hutchie to get some money in. We'll be seeing a few comings and goings then and at the end of the season. Annier has 'options' so he's offski and Ainsworth wont be kept as we'll need to be carefull with our budget. Neither have been great anyway. <_>

I heard a rumour that Ainsworth's application in training leaves a lot to be desired. Source is a former club employee who still has contacts within the club...

Wouldn't surprise me given the number of clubs he's been through. Obviously has a bit of talent but the fact that he's always blowing out his arse suggests that he isn't bursting his balls in training. We've done well to steer clear of this sort in recent years...

Same as above i'm disappointed to see how keen McCall is to keep Anier and Ainsworth. Even if the club say there is enough funds for loans i think we should at least be looking to see what other options are out there.

Be careful for what you wish for. On our budget finding players that are better than An ier and Ainsworth are akin to finding a needle in a haystack.

Would not be unhappy for both to stay till end of the season.

If anyone thinks we will unearth a Suarez or even an Ojamma are a tad deluded...

Thing is, who would think we would unearth someone who would go on to have as much of an impact as Ojamaa had? The majority of our January signings have been forgettable, but who knows.

I'd keep Anier but not fussed about losing Ainsworth. The only thing that may go against Anier is the emergence of Moore (i.e in terms of appearances) in recent weeks/months but we'd still need cover. Just not convinced whatsoever about McHugh - can see him leaving next summer to be honest.

BBC Gossip page reporting that Inverness will be in competition with us to get Ainsworth on loan for the second half of the season. He seems to speak positively about his time here so far so fingers crossed we're in pole position if he does have other offers come January.

Also mentions that Hibs are in for Jamie Murphy on a permanent deal, who I'd take back in a second if possible.

It would be a painful sight to see Murphy in a Hibs top but his career has stalled so i wouldn't blame him for going just to get some game time again.

I dont get the "painful sight" and other comments of sentimentality when a former player is linked and/or moves to a rival Scottish club.

We've provided players like Murphy a platform to perform and move on, cashed in...restart the process, cue Hutchinson, Angol, Carswell and Moore.

Murphy was hardly a legend, and I doubt any of our players would be fearful of Murphy lining up against them.

Scott Burns on twitter says we have first option on Ainsworth after he's told he has no future at Rotherham.

From his article express:

" McCall is also keen to extend the loan agreement of Henri Anier from Viking Stavanger but must bridge a gap in the financial terms.

But it’s understood the Estonian international has offered to take a wage cut to try and remain at Fir Park."

Doesnt make sense to me how Anier can be earning more not playing/sitting in the reserves in Norway than he can playing first team football in SPFL, with bonuses and appearance money. Surely there cant be a massive gulf in football revenues in Norway and Scotland?