2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

No, you thought he was garbage if I remember correctly. A lot people could certainly see potential of what he could bring to the team if fit but he was restricted through injuries during his first few months of the season.

Before December he hadn't managed to start three games in a row to get a proper run of form going so it was no surprise his form was somewhat sporadic. I don't think it's any coincidence that we're now seeing the best of him given he's now had a regular run of games.

Before he joined the general consensus was that he was talented but his attitude was questionable, however like so many others who have struggled eslwhere he has come to Fir Park and found an environment where he has flourished.

This season he's started only 9 games, he's scored 5 goals and got 4 assists. We would be mental not to sign him up if we have the chance.

No, not just me. That's because he was actually garbage and anyone not stupid would have seen that.

He's played well recently (I gave him my MotM on Saturday) but there are plenty of players for Motherwell that have had good spells but generally have been poor signings. Take Kevin McBride for instance, or John Spencer or Giles Coke or a list of other guys that started off strong and then faded away.

It's also a well know phenomena in football that players play for a contract and then suddenly go off the boil again.

If we can extend the loan we can evaluate the player over a longer period. We do not have money to throw around at players based on a four match spell of good form. If he plays well over an extended period by all means offer him a contract. Perhaps even a better contract than we can offer now.

Remember if we offer Ainsworth a 2 year contract say, that is probably not far off a £200,000 investment.

Also try and have the foresight to see that Ainsworth is not going to play as well as he has over the last 4 matches over for the rest of the season. Being a human being he is at best he is going to have good games and bad games.

Its always the risk for a club like ours where money is tight and you cant afford a bad signing.

The sensible thing to do is to extend the loan and if it goes well sign him at the end of the season.

However, if he keeps this form up it puts his agent in a stronger position to argue terms, or worse, punt him on to a team who can afford to pay more than us.

Just need to trust the manager to make the right call. That might make it an uncomfortable few months for some.

My only concern with Ainsworth was when he wasn't playing, which appears to have been injury. Any time he has played or come on I've seen; sometimes just in flashes, that he offers something.

I trust Stuart McCall, his signings have; in my opinion, been far more hit than miss.

Its always the risk for a club like ours where money is tight and you cant afford a bad signing.

The sensible thing to do is to extend the loan and if it goes well sign him at the end of the season.

That's great, except if he proves to be worth signing we could lose out to another team that can pay him more (which would be many), at the end of the season.

I got this far into your post..

No, not just me. That's because he was actually garbage and anyone not stupid would have seen that.

And decided you were talking complete shite.

What about when he came off the bench at Tannadice on only his 2nd appearance and scored a stunning 30 yard equalizer? What about three days later against Livingston where his corner led to McHugh's opener and his cross set up Faddy's winner? What about three days later when he came off the bench against Ross County to set up Sutton's equalizer and was generally credited on here with playing a big part in turning the game in our favour?

He then got injured against Celitc and was out for three weeks.

His first start back post injury against Hibs he set up the winner. A few weeks later he came off the bench at Rugby Park and was involved in both goals in the second half as we ran out 2-0 winners.

Apart from all that he did nothing though eh? Or am I just being stupid?

That leads us nicely on to his current run of form which I'm sure we'll all agree has been fantastic.

The rest of your post was just patronising nonsense.

• Like 6

Remember when Chris Humphrey came to the club, he was border line useless... Ainsworth looks a little more accomplished, a bit more game time, a secured future and injury free and I think we could have an absolute gem on our hands.

We need a more goalscoring midfielder, hopefully Vigurs is coming out his shell and I'd love to see Carswell be pushed on a bit more, like a young uncle Phil!

I got this far into your post..

And decided you were talking complete shite.

What about when he came off the bench at Tannadice on only his 2nd appearance and scored a stunning 30 yard equalizer? What about three days later against Livingston where his corner led to McHugh's opener and his cross set up Faddy's winner? What about three days later when he came off the bench against Ross County to set up Sutton's equalizer and was generally credited on here with playing a big part in turning the game in our favour?

He then got injured against Celitc and was out for three weeks.

His first start back post injury against Hibs he set up the winner. A few weeks later he came off the bench at Rugby Park and was involved in both goals in the second half as we ran out 2-0 winners.

Apart from all that he did nothing though eh? Or am I just being stupid?

That leads us nicely on to his current run of form which I'm sure we'll all agree has been fantastic.

The rest of your post was just patronising nonsense.

By the way I once saw Shaun Fagan hit a stunning 30 yarder.

By all accounts he's signed on loan for the rest of the season. Which is the sensible thing to do. Obviously those that run the club agree with me, they aren't going to spunk hundreds of thousands of pounds on a player because he's had a three week spell of good form and we can now assess him over a longer period with a view to offering a contract in the summer, if he's worth it.

Quite why you are getting your knickers in a twist is bizarre. And other people have said the same as we without apparently getting your ire.

What happened to (thumbs up for) Shaun Fagan?!

Ainsworth til the end of the season is a positive bit of business for the club.

By all accounts he's signed on loan for the rest of the season. Which is the sensible thing to do. Obviously those that run the club agree with me, they aren't going to spunk hundreds of thousands of pounds on a player because he's had a three week spell of good form and we can now assess him over a longer period with a view to offering a contract in the summer, if he's worth it.

Quite why you are getting your knickers in a twist is bizarre. And other people have said the same as we without apparently getting your ire.

The Shaun Fagan stuff has absolutely no relevance to what's being discussed. Bizarre point.

The bit in bold is quite staggering. How could you possibly know the club agreed with you? Perhaps Ainsworth, who still has 6 months left on a more lucrative contract at Rotherham, didn't want to give up his extra money to sign a long term contract at Motherwell? Especially when you consider he can continue to play for Motherwell, still receive his wages from Rotherham and continue to put himself in the shop window between now and the end of the season when his contract expires and he can asses his options.

As for me getting my knickers in a twist? You made a point I disagreed with, so I said so(kinda the whole point of a fans forum). You then threw your toys out the pram with a condescending post where you inferred I was stupid because I disagreed with your opinion.

I then made a further post to try and back up my argument that Ainsworth had not been 'garbage' like you said. Which you then ignored, brought up Shaun Fagan and got all upset again.

• Like 7

Good news that Ainsworth has signed on for another 6 months. He has really came onto a game and has been superb in the last month.

I think we will lose Hutchy in this window for peanuts down south. Would like to see a replacement as quite like Ramsden at right back.

If Hutchinson does go in this window I seriously doubt we'll see a replacement coming in. The funds are just not there and we have Ramsden, Kerr, Cummins and Murray in the first team squad that can all play at centre half with Mick.

If Hutchinson does go in this window I seriously doubt we'll see a replacement coming in. The funds are just not there and we have Ramsden, Kerr, Cummins and Murray in the first team squad that can all play at centre half with Mick.

Heard an unconfirmed rumour from a club employee on Wedndsday that Hutchison was off to Sheff untd for a fee and we were getting Murphy on loan.

But just saw he has scored against Aston Villa in FA cup today so i doubt that will happen as he seems to be a regular starter

Been turning in regular man of the match displays of late & couldn't get enough of him when I was down the weekend before Christmas. Dropped for the New Years Day fixture, the talk was confirmation of Hibs interest...

Knocked back a match ticket & travel today. Hindsight is a great thing.

If Hearts accept relegation as a certainty and terminate the contract of their senior players this month how about Wilson in for Hutchy? Could do a job....