2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

That's all well and good, but is it an investment? Will they be looking for a % of the fee we get for him next summer?

I Don't see a problem with them getting a percentage. At the end of the day they are taking a massive gamble with their own money. He could be a flop and leave on a free, could get a long term injury etc... I see no guarantee that at present he is going to make a return on their investment. Only the future will tell. I take my hat off to them that they are willing to take the gamble and hope for a return and if they get it, good on them, it would mean that we would have benefited as well as a team.

• Like 5

That's all well and good, but is it an investment? Will they be looking for a % of the fee we get for him next summer?

Maybe, although it's not unusual for Directors of a business to give interest free loans and, with a smart accountant, get the benefit of a tax break for the duration of the loan.

Either way, it's a perfectly reasonable way to finance something like this as the club will still benefit.

Also mention of a sell-on clause in the Anier deal with a % going back to Viking from Scott Burns on Twitter.

Makes sense. If he continues to play well he is a stick-on for selling at the end of next season and that would give Viking some of the cash they were looking for to move him on.

McHugh on loan until end of season to QOS - confirmed

http://www.qosfc.com/new_newsview.aspx?newsid=2152

Good move for all parties:

Bob (hopefully) gets a run of games.

QoS get a player who should cut it at that level.

We can assess him at div 1 level to get a better grasp if he can step up or not, more so than 10 min sub appearances anyway.

Good luck Bob.

Good move for all parties:

Bob (hopefully) gets a run of games.

QoS get a player who should cut it at that level.

We can assess him at div 1 level to get a better grasp if he can step up or not, more so than 10 min sub appearances anyway.

Good luck Bob.

Too late for Bob, but I see that the SPFL has now relaxed the loan rule so clubs can now send 2 players to a lower Division.

Full story.

Slightly disappointed he didn't get a move to Dundee as they are top of the league and he may have found another level when challenging for the title but I really hope he does well.

Another positve is Moore may get more game time as on occasion I think McCall always want to give Bob a chane( that is not a criticism of McCall)

I see gregg wylde has been released by aberdeen. Were we not in for him in the summer as well? Could we be interested again? Do we need him now?

Aberdeen punting him 6 months into a 3 year contract might suggest to some he's been misbehaving behind the scenes.......

Or maybe he just wants to play football and has told them to rip up his contract.

Dundee United supposedly were only paying £1500 of his £15k a week deal, which I'm sure Aberdeen could've afforded with releasing wylde. There must've been another reason, ie a waste of wages.

I'd heard more than that, funded by a director.