2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

And I'd suggest, looking back to where these figures originated from they are over estimated for this season

if the club do have to sell, they should be commended for holding onto him for the last 12-18months after the paltry offers were officially on the table, and as a high earner the savings on wages are not to be sniffed at either.

but as a football fan, I want him here, the club have also played some interesting hands in recent years with juggling other cards to come up with interesting solutions, lets hope something can be done.

I would miss having a player in the side, that regularly takes some pretty hefty knocks and just gets up and gets on with it, for his team mates

There is at last report an £18m prize fund, not sure if that includes the TV deal with China. 2nd place will bag over 9% of that 18m.

For us (2nd) to get little more than 100k would mean all commercial revenue would be less than 2m. The China deal alone is £2m. Then you add Sky, BT, BBC, SEGA, EA Sports, Irn Bru and all other commercial deals we get a lot more than £100k.

what about seeing McHugh go to Dundee and us taking Dan?

Dan played 5 games, we won them all and within those 5 games he inspired more confidence in the team/defence than Hollis or Neilsen have done all season.

So I fail to see your point.

Anyone in the team can make a mistake that will cost us - i cant believe in this day and age people are still being heightist!!

Goram wasn't that tall and few had complaints about him apart from the high wages he took

Just a thought but should Hutchinson leave this month, I see that Tim Clancy has apparently been told he can leave Hibs if he can find himself a club. If we're allowing Cummins to go out on loan, Hutchinson's departure would leave us pretty short at the back. Clancy an option? McCall certainly knows what he can do and if there was no fee involved and he was willing to fit into our wage structure...

Just a thought...

Just a thought but should Hutchinson leave this month, I see that Tim Clancy has apparently been told he can leave Hibs if he can find himself a club. If we're allowing Cummins to go out on loan, Hutchinson's departure would leave us pretty short at the back. Clancy an option? McCall certainly knows what he can do and if there was no fee involved and he was willing to fit into our wage structure...

Just a thought...

From the Express

Clancy, 29, is unlikely to be short of options, with former clubs Motherwell and Kilmarnock both interested, as are Derry City.

Clancy seemed to leave the club with no hard feelings on our part, so if he was an option, I don't think the gaffer or the Board would object to bringing him back.

If Hutch does leave though, I'd prefer to see Cummins step in.

Like Sutton and Hammell and Lasley.

I'd still prefer Cummins (or even Ramsden with Kerr filling RB - or vice versa) though.

clancy was here for 9 months before jumping ship. sutton was at fir park for 3 years and the other two for longer than that.

he got bombed out killie and we gave him an opportunity, now he's getting bombed out of hibs we should stay well clear. he came onto a good game for us for a few months but he was always a red card waiting to happen and let us down against celtic.

• Like 2

clancy was here for 9 months before jumping ship. sutton was at fir park for 3 years and the other two for longer than that.

he got bombed out killie and we gave him an opportunity, now he's getting bombed out of hibs we should stay well clear. he came onto a good game for us for a few months but he was always a red card waiting to happen and let us down against celtic.

Agreed. Clancy played his best football with us but hes a bit of a mentalist and i'd prefer to see Kerr at centre half than him.

Am I only one of a few who has thought big Kerr has did well at CB when asked to play there? I'd be keen to see more of that.

Totally agree with that. For me its a straight replacement if hutchy goes. Keep Ramsden at RB. Think kerr or any of our young defenders for that matter would benefit playing in what is otherwise a very experienced defence.

Will be sad to see hutchy go for peanuts, inevitably, but feel were covered enough in the area to not worry too much.

So to recap....

Viking Stavanger dont want a fee for Anier. They just want us to take him off their hands on a permanent basis. So its just down to agreeing personal terms with Henri and it appears he is willing to take a wage cut?

I would imagine if we offer him a large slice of any future transfer fee we could get this deal done.