2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Ultimately, does it matter where they've come from? Some of our more successful signings in recent years haven't exactly sounded inspiring (Humphrey? Skippy?) if we're purely basing it on their previous club. Fucking laughable attitude.

McDonald had done well at the u20 world cup and Humphrey's team were raging he left.

This is a bit different.

Ultimately, does it matter where they've come from? Some of our more successful signings in recent years haven't exactly sounded inspiring (Humphrey? Skippy?) if we're purely basing it on their previous club. Fucking laughable attitude.

This I agree with. But another centre half?!?!?

Despite the fact they have lower crowds and less TV money?

Have you ever seen a League Two game?

There's not that much difference in the crowds to be honest , but our wage bill will be a lot higher than York city .In 2012 our wage bill was 3.5 million .York city's turnover in 2010 was 1.6 million .

I see Paul Slane has had his contract terminated by Ayr united. What an absolute waste of a player Slane is.

Just goes to show how promising young talent doesn't guarantee it will be fulfilled. It doesn't seem that long ago when Paul Slane played a stormer against Steau Bucharest. Now junior footie beckons.

:laugh: You can moan all you can about quality of players and copy and paste from Google but the hard facts are the players you want would ratherl go to York City before us.

We've got two Championship players on loan FFS!

They both play the same position which is a bit pointless but you can't expect the club to think about things like that.

We've got two Championship players on loan FFS!

They both play the same position which is a bit pointless but you can't expect the club to think about things like that.

I think the new board have a decent plan and probably better than anything you or I can think up. They want to survive in the Premiership this term hence the battling type players being brought in as ours are pretty shit and they have allowed IB to get them in. In the summer the board and IB can then look at the type of players that will allow us to build medium to long term.

I know I'm repeating myself, but I really can't believe we're signing another centre back.

McManus, Ramsden, O'Brien, Laing, Kerr, Reid. All capable of playing there. Baffled...

Are they all capable? I've yet to see any defensive capabilities in the CB position from close to any of them

The people moaning about signing players from league two. It's where we are at financially. Around half of teams in league two will be paying higher wages than we can afford.

Also Inverness have a team made up of conference players and are sitting pretty high in our league. Let's not pretend the spfl is a significantly better quality from league two cause celtic apart the quality of our league ranges from mid league one to bottom of league two / conference

Are they all capable? I've yet to see any defensive capabilities in the CB position from close to any of them

True. Two of them have either just been brought in or had their loan extended so Baraclough must think at least two of them capable...

I notice St Mirren have signed a player on loan from Tottenham. Cue implosion on here...

I know I'm repeating myself, but I really can't believe we're signing another centre back.

McManus, Ramsden, O'Brien, Laing, Kerr, Reid. All capable of playing there. Baffled...

I can only assume that the manager has looked at the defence and the amount of goals that have been conceding and decided that we need to change personnel there. Fair enough judgement.

Also could be going to alter formation and play 3 central defenders with 2 wing backs.

At the end of this season if we are still in Premiership then it's worked if it doesn't then at least they are just loan signings so we don't have them on wage bill.

I admit they're the most exciting signings but have ICT not brought a lot of players in from this level? It's all about getting players that fit in and can work the intended system.

I'm happy to give them the chance but I can't help thinking I would have preferred the budget was used on less players of better quality.