2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Fraser Fyvie was pretty highly rated when at Aberdeen was he not?

Pretty sure Wigan were in the EPL when he signed for them so, yes, highly rated at the time. If we're looking for a creative midfielder, he could be an option. Wouldn't need to do it today as he's now a free agent although have to figure other SPL clubs might be interested...

Pretty sure Wigan were in the EPL when he signed for them so, yes, highly rated at the time. If we're looking for a creative midfielder, he could be an option. Wouldn't need to do it today as he's now a free agent although have to figure other SPL clubs might be interested...

For a player to be released in January normally means that they have something lined up.

I reckon he will end up back in Scotland but I don't think it will be with us.

For a player to be released in January normally means that they have something lined up.

I reckon he will end up back in Scotland but I don't think it will be with us.

Dundee United to replace Armstrong? St Mirren to replace McLean? Certainly are a few places he could end up...

Fraser Fyvie was a good player but he's hardly kicked a ball in three years.

Its quite amazing to think how many young high quality prospects in Scottish Football have gone down south and vanished into the ether.

Very few have actually made it. I can count Andrew Robertson, James McCarthy, James McCarthur and Steven Naismith. Thats about it...

I suppose Alan Hutton did well when he first went down there to.

Fraser Fyvie was a good player but he's hardly kicked a ball in three years.

Still pretty young. Been out on loan a couple of times although even then hasn't played a great number of games. Worth a punt til the end of the season? Depending on his wage demands and maybe moving a midfielder on (tricky given they're all injured), we could do worse...

isn't this Pearson? surprised if we signed another.

Well Pearson got goals here and there but he was never really a high scorer and at 32 I doubt he'll be have the legs he had first time round.

I've not seen him yet since he came back but I'd expect him to be a slightly different sort of player.

Still pretty young. Been out on loan a couple of times although even then hasn't played a great number of games. Worth a punt til the end of the season? Depending on his wage demands and maybe moving a midfielder on (tricky given they're all injured), we could do worse...

Don't really think he's the type of player we are looking for right now. He's a tigerish ball winner with a bit of composure on the ball. Long term he might make a good replacement for Lasley but right now, with relegation hanging over us and limited funds I don't think he's quite what we are looking for.

Wouldn't be gutted by any means if he signed on just not sure he's a priority signing in our current dire emergency.

Straker didn't look like a winger on Saturday so maybe that wide left position needs to be filled and as I said earlier a sort of Colin Cameron style midfielder, someone who is going to make the runs into the box that Murray Davidson did for St. Johnstone on Saturday.

We have badly missed Ainsworth's goals from last season. His goals last term won us 11 points.

According to club twitter, working hard on a few things today.

Be good to get the goalkeeper confirmed and see who else we can get in. If we bring in two players today and keep a hold of everyone else, we'll have brought in five players and lost one. Should bin any talk of a small squad. Some of the injured players back and we'll have some options...

Pearson will sit far more centrally this time round I reckon. In his first spell he linked up well with Faddy and Hammell on the left, but I can see Straker taking the left wing slot primarily.

A new keeper is a good shout, surely we can't be keeping three first team spots though, so Gunnar must be off? Hope the Ainsworth rumour comes true too, providing we have enough time to bring in someone else to fill the gap in the squad...

Don't really think he's the type of player we are looking for right now. He's a tigerish ball winner with a bit of composure on the ball. Long term he might make a good replacement for Lasley but right now, with relegation hanging over us and limited funds I don't think he's quite what we are looking for.

Wouldn't be gutted by any means if he signed on just not sure he's a priority signing in our current dire emergency.

Straker didn't look like a winger on Saturday so maybe that wide left position needs to be filled and as I said earlier a sort of Colin Cameron style midfielder, someone who is going to make the runs into the box that Murray Davidson did for St. Johnstone on Saturday.

We have badly missed Ainsworth's goals from last season. His goals last term won us 11 points last season.