2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

I like Erwin a lot and can see his potential but he's not played one full season for us and has scored one goal. I can't see why Brighton would come in just now when he's out of contract in the summer.

For the player himself, he needs games. I reckon he'll get them here, irrespective of who we bring in today. If I were the club, I'd be asking him to sign a new contract with the understanding that when a decent offer comes in where he thinks he'll play and develop, we won't stand in his way. Jamie Murphy waited and is playing every week for a bigger club than Brighton...

Looks a decent enough signing on paper. He's made 80 starts at first team level, in leagues of a similar standard to our own, which is decent for a goalkeeper who's still only 21. He's also been capped at youth level and been in England U21 squads in the last few years so he's clearly got some sort of potential.

Given his size and frame you've got to hope at the very least he'll be a bit more commanding and be able dominate his six yard box.

Best of luck to the guy.

We've now brought in 4 players this window which has far exceded my expectations in terms of numbers.

I think Pearo, based on what I seen at Tannadice, will be a great addition. Hope the others are too.

Its quite amazing to think how many young high quality prospects in Scottish Football have gone down south and vanished into the ether.

Very few have actually made it. I can count Andrew Robertson, James McCarthy, James McCarthur and Steven Naismith. Thats about it...

I suppose Alan Hutton did well when he first went down there to.

To be fair, Hutton is regularly playing for Villa now. If we count Robertson as having made it I would say Hutton has too. He just didn't become the wonder right back he promised to be at Rangers.

The fact Twardzik is in the frame (in some folks opinion) for POTY says more about the ineptitude of the rest of the squad rather than Twardzik being any good.

Its as plain as day that we require a better standard No.1, hopefully this new fella' is the man.

Gaping hole at GK position the past two seasons

Twardzik seemed like an impulse signing to me. Our keepers were definitely going through a rough patch when we signed him on loan, but so was the whole team. We have been streaky the last couple of seasons, and Twardzik joined us at that start of one of those streaks.

I posted at the time I thought he benefited from our upturn in form rather than being responsible for it, but that wasn't a popular opinion back then. From what I have seen of him, he's OK with a few bombscare moments.

Was disappointed we didn't try the same approach as we did for Ruddy and Randolph as there is a wealth of good keepers out there needing games. Glad to see we have taken that approach now.

Would have lost some games by double figures without Dan not world class can certainly upgrade but its the midfield and defence that has been letting us down IMO

Hutton def made it down south Villa only dropped him since he had something in his contract if he played more games he got a pay rise then was shipped out to Majorca. Very positive window i think just wish we could clear out the dead wood like ramsden sutton and Mchugh so we could get more in but that is just fantasy land!

Good signing as others have said Twardzik is only been in running for POTY because of the ineptitude of the rest of the squad. Hopefully a commanding keeper will take some of the pressure off the defence and allow them to worry about there role rather than protect the keeper.

The lad done us a turn when he was signed on loan last season, but he should never have been signed permanently as our No.1.

In fact, Stuart McCall has made some hellish decisions in the transfer market AND on contract extensions over the past couple of seasons...he really has left Baraclough with a bag of shite.

The saving grace to this is that (providing we stay up), many of the players are out of contract in June, and he will virtually have a blank canvas to work with for next season.

Would have lost some games by double figures without Dan not world class can certainly upgrade but its the midfield and defence that has been letting us down IMO

Hutton def made it down south Villa only dropped him since he had something in his contract if he played more games he got a pay rise then was shipped out to Majorca. Very positive window i think just wish we could clear out the dead wood like ramsden sutton and Mchugh so we could get more in but that is just fantasy land!

Referring to Ramsden and Sutton as dead wood kind of undermines anything else you say. Scorer of most nearly half of our goals this season and someone in Ramsden who, while not great this season, has been no worse than some other players this season...