2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

:popcorn:

If I had said that, you would have had a fair point. But I didn't, so as usual you are fighting a straw man.

However, I would imagine if, in the hypothetical being discussed, McCall brought in Goodwillie and Boyd after Law, Josh Law would be pissed off.

josh law is a midfielder who played part time last season and has only ever played non league football.

he should be extremely grateful to be at fir park and hoping we sign the best players available.

• Like 1

It's not going to happen but since its the silly season, I'd rather we signed Goodwillie over Boyd. Goodwillie has a bit of pace so with him and Ainesworth playing either side of Sutton we would potentially have one hell of an attacking team.

The downside is that I fear both Ainesworth and Goodwillie would be hopeless at tracking back, leaving our defence in deep shit but if we score more that the opposition then who gives - roll on high scoring games with plenty of excitement! :)

More for upsetting our competition next season and also because our midfield were often posted missing (I still can't fully understand based on the talent), I'd love to see:

Polish Kid

Ramsden Kerr McManus Hammell

Lasley Carswell Vigurs

Goodwillie

Sutton Boyd

With Ainsworth as an impact player. Obviously w'd have to operate a squad rotation to keep them all happy, but when you regularly compete in Europe its a necessary evil .............

Budget probably won't stretch but I reckon some of them could crowbar a way back into Scotland reckoning. I just want to go into the Europa with a hope of competing.

You on crack, Ainsworth who scored double figures from the wing and had a similar amount of assists should be sitting on the bench while what looks like the worlds slowest starting XI possibly Kerr excepted labours around with no width at all.

I don't think anyone had Anier down as an absolutely key player next season so to secure a six figure fee for him is a great piece of business.

I have every faith in McCall to find a replacement. Only downside is that any replacement, no matter how good, will not bring the continuity that Anier would have brought. Thinking of how long it took for us to find the right way to get the best out of Vigurs last season. For that reason I hope we get someone in quickly. Season starts in early August, be nice to have any new signings bedded in before then...

posibilty of hindrek ojamaa anyone?

Anyone else thinking now that that pic someone on here mentioned of Henri, His bro and Henrik together had something to do with them signing with that german mob Henri and his bro signed for?

I'd be astonished if we could stretch to Goodwillie or Boyd, let alone both, in addition, neither of them have any resale value.

Ainsworth will be one of our top earners, so will be starting every week.

You evidently missed the "I'd love to see:" in my original post, which conveys there was a healthy splash of hypothetical dreaming. However I'm equally astonished you think McCall couldn't kickstart a 23 year old's career in the same way he did with Ojamma, Arnier, Gunning, Clancy and Ainsworth, all written off before they came here.

You on crack, Ainsworth who scored double figures from the wing and had a similar amount of assists should be sitting on the bench while what looks like the worlds slowest starting XI possibly Kerr excepted labours around with no width at all.

No but I reckon you've been wanking too hard resulting in early onset blindness.

David Goodwillie and/or Kris Boyd chatter?

I thought my posts were bad

No its official, when you use Championship Manager 2014 and go on about club finances based on scribblings with a crayon on a fag packet, they really are.

Now, Maka has a point here.

I'll direct you to the reply to the first quote.

However, I would imagine if, in the hypothetical being discussed, McCall brought in Goodwillie and Boyd after Law, Josh Law would be pissed off.

At last, thank you!

Unfortunately yet again on this board too many don't read a post, they see a keyword, put 2 and 2 together and get 5 then kick off on a rant.

I think in terms of your current false renaissance as some sort of credible poster it's incredibly relevant.

I've been pissed off, fed up & gutted with my team on a number of occasions, but would never dream of turning my back & publicly wishing bad fortune on the club.

Some people have questioned why you get a hard time on here, this is precisely the reason why for me.

That and the reason you are a complete and utter scudbook of a laddie

EDIT: Sorry for dragging this off topic.

It wasn't the team but the fans I was pissed off at... or at least some of them

The abuse I got was unwarranted and over the top, attacking not only me but my family

That is why, as you put it said I was done with Motherwell and wished them misfortune... Then in time realised as time went on that I shouldn't look at a couple of trolls on a web forum and see them as a representation of a club that I have supported from the age of 12. A club that had been there for me at a time when I was recovering from a life changing accident. A club who then later I poured money I probably shouldn't have into through buying merchandise, sponsorships and higher end season tickets and a club that tried to help me through a bad bit of my life. I had done stuff at Motherwell that not many fans of the club have had the chance to do. Maybe I didn't get that at the time, whether that because of my youth or the state of my mental health at the time is for me to know. The fact the some fans decided as soon as I made one mistake that it was time to jump on some bandwagon and abuse me and my family was the reason for wishing misfortune.

Anyway... back to ins and outs

I missed the original post on the goodwillie/boyd chatter but was more talking about it overall than one individual post

I can see a replacement for Anier being some 20-22 year old from abroad who will be sold abroad next season

That is why, as you put it said I was done with Motherwell and wished them misfortune... Then in time realised as time went on that I shouldn't look at a couple of trolls on a web forum and see them as a representation of a club that I have supported from the age of 12. A club that had been there for me at a time when I was recovering from a life changing accident. A club who then later I poured money I probably shouldn't have into through buying merchandise, sponsorships and higher end season tickets and a club that tried to help me through a bad bit of my life. I had done stuff at Motherwell that not many fans of the club have had the chance to do. Maybe I didn't get that at the time, whether that because of my youth or the state of my mental health at the time is for me to know. The fact the some fans decided as soon as I made one mistake that it was time to jump on some bandwagon and abuse me and my family was the reason for wishing misfortune.

Somewhere near Wishaw, eddiemunster sweats over his keyboard. It's been eight hours now and still no perfectly formed and foulmouthed one-liner to humiliate this wayward young poster. Mileoot... naw.... bawheid, crispy pan.... naw naw naw, the tones right - BUT NOT FOUL ENOUGH!

• Like 2

It wasn't the team but the fans I was pissed off at... or at least some of them

The abuse I got was unwarranted and over the top, attacking not only me but my family

Anyway... back to ins and outs

I missed the original post on the goodwillie/boyd chatter but was more talking about it overall than one individual post

I can see a replacement for Anier being some 20-22 year old from abroad who will be sold abroad next season

K.

You evidently missed the "I'd love to see:" in my original post, which conveys there was a healthy splash of hypothetical dreaming. However I'm equally astonished you think McCall couldn't kickstart a 23 year old's career in the same way he did with Ojamma, Arnier, Gunning, Clancy and Ainsworth, all written off before they came here.

No but I reckon you've been wanking too hard resulting in early onset blindness.

No its official, when you use Championship Manager 2014 and go on about club finances based on scribblings with a crayon on a fag packet, they really are.

I'll direct you to the reply to the first quote.

At last, thank you!

Unfortunately yet again on this board too many don't read a post, they see a keyword, put 2 and 2 together and get 5 then kick off on a rant.

That would be because? Seriously I don't mind a childish insult lobbed back, I did suggest you were possibly off your head on something after all, but at least pad it out some sort of argued point.

You see a guy that is one of the few pacy and effective players we have purely as an impact sub? I think you need to justify that point of view a lot more or I'd suggest it is yourself that has been to enthusiastic with the self abuse.

I'll give you a reasoned response to my hypothetical starting line up if you acknowledge it was hypothetical and therefore your comments were unjustified.

What am I missing here?

He disagreed with your hypothetical team. This is a discussion board. There is no discussion if everyone agrees all the time. Suck it up, champ.

What am I missing here?

He disagreed with your hypothetical team. This is a discussion board. There is no discussion if everyone agrees all the time. Suck it up, champ.

That's the crux of it, the hypothetical nature of my post was never acknowledged.

I don't have a problem with debate or disagreement with what I convey, where I do have a problem is where people can't distinguish between my suggestion of a hypothetical line up with what we will realistically have next season.

If I said I'd love for us to leave Fir Park and move to a new stadium in Ravenscraig, I wouldn't expect to be hit with, "justify your anti Fir Park stance", "why would we want to move from FP, we already have a stadium there". I accept that, all I said was I'd like to see it and who knows, maybe things would turn out better in the long run.

No difference with my suggestion, you would surmise that some players sacrificed and/or the system would changed to accommodate the hypothetical arrival of Chris Body and Goodwillie. I'm in no position to say Ainsworth would be able to recreate his exploits last season than I would be to suggest Goodwillie could out perform Lionel's contribution if he were to sign.

What is evident that McCall now is looking for a forward orientated player. Do I think he will have all of the reported 250k to play with, no chance. I'd be very surprised with the way the club is run if that is what we received then a portion of it hasn't gone into fund the everyday running of the club. With what's left plus Arnier's wage, do I think we could compete with Aberdeen for Boyd's signature, probably not, only location would appeal to him. As for Goodwillie, maybe, but he may still have aspirations of achieving more. It was only a couple of seasons ago he was sold for +2m