2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

From what I've seen of him of late Clarkson hasn't even been making an impact in league 2 in England. He'll always hold a special place in Motherwell's history but I honestly don't think he'd be able to do a job for us any more.

I am delighted with this news. Great to actually make money from the deal when the truth is he hardly kicked a ball since he signed permanently. I liked anier at times but thought he was overrated after his start with us and, quite frankly, thought he was murder in a number of games in the last half of the season.

Never the less he gave us a good first half season and overall the deal appears to have worked out for both parties. Good luck to him.

Is Boyd a realistic option though?

Would a pay day - Aberdeen or Dundee Utd be more attractive than possibly a couple of euro games and a dog fight for 2nd-6th place on less money?

I'd like to come, he would score goals! Just can't see it happening ...

Boyd is supposedly reluctant to move away from the central belt. However, if we have scope to offer a significant wage to an experienced striker then I think Higdon would be more likely.

I suspect we are looking for a less experienced striker though that will compliment Sutton and could be sold on.

going to be someone we haven't heard of that we can punt next year after he done what he is here to do.

wouldn't be surprised if he was another estonian or someone from that region

I agree we need to find another gem that we can sell on. Whilst Boyd would be an asset, financially he would be a less attractive proposition.

Yeah, I'm a fan of Boyd but it's not going to work with Sutton up front.

I also think signing a central defender is more important right now than signing a striker.

We only really need 1 first choice striker plus back up, but we need 2 first choice central defenders and right now we only have McManus that I think is fit for purpose.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like another striker in but if it's one or the other I'd go for the defender.

Daily Record saying that the deal for Arnier was £250K down plus £50K in add-ons.

If that is true, then with the extra £240k for finishing second that is almost £500k more income coming in than was anticipated a month or so ago. It will go to pay back debts and Directors but should give us a small cushion also and help towards any potential loss..

We operate in the free market, but as McCall has proved their are quite a few decent options that can more than do a job for us.

Goodwillie is a questionable character, but we have a history of getting the best out of players and he would be a good foil for Sutton. If Killie are interested then I would hope we would be in with a shout. A risk I know, but then so would any or all replacements for Anier.