Flow And The Board

smiddy

I think Flow himself is less the target than the perception that we lose a Chief Exec and replace her with a General Manager with less of a mandate to run the club giving the impression of a rudderless ship. Sure Flow has took some personal flack in there, some of it as this thread indicates a bit unjustified but his appointment seems to reflect the current poor state of affairs around the club as a whole.

We now have a new manager and well the ownership of the club seems to have been stabilised, with influence of Les Hutchison and is it his daughter now on the board we shall hopefully soon see signs of progress. Right now though there is precious little evidence of it thus far. Results and performances on the park are pretty horrendous and ultimately people look for targets when that is the case.

I don't think Les and co are in place yet. They had a 30 day window to complete due diligence before making it official so I would think it would only be after that they would be a visible presence around fir park (well his daughter anyway)

Why's that exactly? Dundee and Hamilton were on fire last season, that's why they were promoted and with the extra cash available for being in the top league they've strengthened. They have consistency and cohesion. There's absolutely no reason they shouldn't be pasting a team who have too many with no fight any more.

Not going to deny the lack of goals is awful but that is down to Stuart not recognising that in this league you need pace to have any effect. That was overlooked and we're now paying the price.

Regardless my point still stands, as bad as we are, SM and RC are equally if not worse.

That why he resigned Ainsworth and brought in Ojamma instead of Clarkson who he pointedly said didn't have the pace he was looking for.

Don't get me wrong there is much to criticise McCall for, the questionable dishing out two year deals to Hammell, Lasley and McManus being one of them. I think the only one that was seriously questioned at the time was Lasley and well of the three he is probably the best value for money right now. I'd argue he not having a great season but is generally being left to be a one man midfield with the various imposters he is playing with.

McCall over the piece was a tremendous manager for us but whether it was a decreasing budget or lack of insight to just exactly where the team was going we have a team that is currently falling apart at the seams and to many experienced players are just picking up a wage for no return and a good few of the younger/fringe players on the books look like a waste of a wage as well, Kerr, Cummins and McHugh standing out there.

I don't think Les and co are in place yet. They had a 30 day window to complete due diligence before making it official so I would think it would only be after that they would be a visible presence around fir park (well his daughter anyway)

Can only hope that goes through with no problems then as we need some input of leadership or ideas. Problems won't be fixed overnight or in a transfer window or two but Barraclough will certainly know he has his work cut out now.

well Yabba hes not a shy boy , and a big fan ,so I would be expecting him to be making the rite noises to the board members as regards to making a statement as to what if anything is going on regards players comeing inn ???.... only my thinking and opinion :whistling:

He can make all the noise he wants. But the board don't have to listen

He can make all the noise he wants. But the board don't have to listen

they don't need to listen BigeeZe but if he keeps making noises ????? plus if one of the directors "is paying henriks wages " and he goes.then that might free up enough money to bring inn a couple of IB players , just a thought ,

since some folk are trying to portray that the majority off fans think that the general manager and the board should be making a statement tonight,

id just like to say wring your knickers out, the only one I want to hear from is the team manager and not tonight , he should be given time.

but he also needs to learn that we listen to every word and to tell us through the press every week how good and important these senior players are is not going to give him any time as we have all watched them fail miserably as footballers and sportsmen , with a terrible attitudes and lack of professionalism from day one this season. but my biggest concern is they clearly do not value each other as a teammates

• Like 2

since some folk are trying to portray that the majority off fans think that the general manager and the board should be making a statement tonight,

id just like to say wring your knickers out, the only one I want to hear from is the team manager and not tonight , he should be given time.

but he also needs to learn that we listen to every word and to tell us through the press every week how good and important these senior players are is not going to give him any time as we have all watched them fail miserably as footballers and sportsmen , with a terrible attitudes and lack of professionalism from day one this season. but my biggest concern is they clearly do not value each other as a teammates

Watch one of his post match interviews and you've seen them all ,says the same things over and over. But yes he must be given time.

Bloody hell, geez peace!

6 points clear of RC and SM and they are rank as week, difference is we have a buffer. While far from safe no need to be jettisoning fuel and throwing anything heavy out the windows.

If we're going to get shite threads like this every time we get a defeat between now and May I sense my time on here will be coming to an end.

Well said mate loads on here I feel likely never even played football at primary school.And dont anyone give me that you dont need to have played the game to have an opinion. Thats maybe true that you dont nd to be a pro to have a knowledge of the game but if you were not a player at school for example then my opinion is you dont know what your talking about. We have had a great last 7 years incomparison to our peers now the so calledfans whinging like little girls.Get a grip we are 6pts above relegation when playing crap.

• Like 1

How in the name of all that's holy is the problem anything to do with Alan Burrows? The blame for the mess we are in surely lies with the previous regime. McCall suddenly realised he could do no more with the fuds he had on the playing staff and Dempster realised she had done as much as she thought she could. In short they were both looking for exit strategies. The problem is that the time they chose to exit was when the club as a whole was on a downward spiral making the job of those coming in to replace them ultra difficult to say the very least.

how do you no who has /has not played football ,,, I am sure you would be surprised ?? but weather we have or had not this is about opinions , and we all have one even if people think its a lot of shite .oh and by the way I personally played from under 7s right up till last year , and I am old :whistling:

Very small concern and only my personal opinion which I appreciate has no bearing on our current situation

But I think flow should pass the Batton over when it comes to interviewing the manager after a game

As GM and technically his boss it doesn't sit right with me

He's in a high level of responsibility now and I think jobs like this don't enhance the need for the required respect he should now demand in his position

I get this is small and irrelevant to most and il prob get cained for bringing it up, but I think as a club across the board we have a way of coming across a tad amateurish ( this isn't a word I'm keen on using here but best describes where I'm coming from)

• Like 1

I dont but ask yourself this. is there someone you know who is a motherwell fan who didnt play at school.do you value their opinion the same as someone who played with you from when you were young. Yes everyone is entitled to an opinion but I go to watch ice hockey and basketball but I dont know much about it so I would not comment or in regards this forum talk pish on the tactics and ability of players as I never played it.

Very small concern and only my personal opinion which I appreciate has no bearing on our current situation

But I think flow should pass the Batton over when it comes to interviewing the manager after a game

As GM and technically his boss it doesn't sit right with me

He's in a high level of responsibility now and I think jobs like this don't enhance the need for the required respect he should now demand in his position

I get this is small and irrelevant to most and il prob get cained for bringing it up, but I think as a club across the board we have a way of coming across a tad amateurish ( this isn't a word I'm keen on using here but best describes where I'm coming from)

I think it's a very valid point however minor it is symptomatic of how the club is being run, the media manager position was advertised but clearly not filled.

I dont but ask yourself this. is there someone you know who is a motherwell fan who didnt play at school.do you value their opinion the same as someone who played with you from when you were young. Yes everyone is entitled to an opinion but I go to watch ice hockey and basketball but I dont know much about it so I would not comment or in regards this forum talk pish on the tactics and ability of players as I never played it.

What level have you played at mate? Just asking so that I know whether or not to take any notice of what you say.

Alan Burrows earned a job with the club he loves and made it his own, then the board deemed it appropriate to promote him when the opportunity arose based on information only they could have. I think some of the folk on here either still see him as just the guy who started this forum and have conveniently forgot the years he put in working for the club earning his chance like anyone else, and others might be a wee bit jealous. Whether he is any good or not isn't going to be apparent to the casual fan. When was the last time the fans even gave a toss about who comprised our administrative staff?

Our problems are due to the poor planning over the last year, leaving us with a bunch of guys who are happy to pull down a wage until June, when they can all go and pull the wool over someone else's eyes.

But this is happy happy land compared to the Facebook comments, wtf?

• Like 2