Run In To Split

Goggles & Flippers

Particks next 2 games are away to aberdeen and celtic so tbey will get feck all from either of them. Then we play them at Firhill so they can be caught assuming we can do the business against kille and St mirren. Our target is 10th place and we are still in touch, countys good run will end but we need to make sure we can take advantage. Another 5 or 6 performances like Friday and we will be ok

Ross County have been on absolutely sensational run...........yet are still just three points ahead.

All those games undefeated, all those great wins, but still only managed to get three ahead of 11th place.

Far, far from being over.

This team has turned the corner. The shape, formation and commitement are miles ahead of a few months ago. The unfortunate situation is that Ross County have hit an unbelievable run of form and my main worry was we would run out of games and end up in the play offs. However it all pans out, we must continue to improve and get that winning mentality again. 10th position is our target, but if we lose out, we must be mentally and physically prepared to win a two legged play off against either Hibs or Rangers. However, if we can match or better R.C. in the remaining games, the head to heads will be absolutely crucial. Motherwell Fc need to pull out every stop to bring back supporters in huge numbers, whether at F.P. or at away matches. Incentives, buses or whatever, get the fans backing the team, because there is only fine margins between staying in the top flight or dropping down. Keep it going lads! COYW.

• Like 1

I feel quite deflated after Thistle and County winning again yesterday. With the 3 point gap between us and County I feel pressure on us to win every game just to keep in touch is immense.

Thistle beating Inverness, St Johnstone and utd recently is unprecedented! What the fuck?!?! I'd expect them to take 4 points max from that and we'd be above them! County's run is also ridiculous and sadly shows no signs of stopping.

If they had onlu won 3 of those games etc....

I can see them winning next game and we'll do well to get a point at Rugby Park.

I think we're going to run out of games.

Fuck sake!!!!!

If we keep winning our games, we will stay up. It's that simple - not easy, but simple.

You can guarantee when the chips are down one team will lose their bottle and one team will step up. Last season, it was us who stepped up to win our last 3 games and overtake Aberdeen. Hopefully, this season it will be us again - just at the other end of the table.

If we stay in touch with 10th and 9th until post-split, it's all to play for with a lot of 6 pointers.

Had a look at the fixtures up to the split and being as positive as I can I see it going as follows;

Partick - 0 points (34)

Ross County - 4 points (32)

Motherwell - 7 points (32)

St Mirren - 0 points (21)

Would bite your hand off for the above, as we would have RC and Partick at home after the split. St Mirren would effectively be gone and we would play them in Paisley with their abysmal home record.

Killie away will be relatively difficult and Accies/Dundee away..I'd prefer accies, they are in free fall.

10 points after the split with 2 of the wins coming against RC and Partick and it's happy days. Easy as that really.....I think.

I am also sick of Ross county.

Had a look at the fixtures up to the split and being as positive as I can I see it going as follows;

Partick - 0 points (34)

Ross County - 4 points (32)

Motherwell - 7 points (32)

St Mirren - 0 points (21)

Would bite your hand off for the above, as we would have RC and Partick at home after the split. St Mirren would effectively be gone and we would play them in Paisley with their abysmal home record.

Killie away will be relatively difficult and Accies/Dundee away..I'd prefer accies, they are in free fall.

10 points after the split with 2 of the wins coming against RC and Partick and it's happy days. Easy as that really.....I think.

I am also sick of Ross county.

You can't predict who we'll get home or away after the split it, it will be different from evening up the home and aways from each team.

You can't predict who we'll get home or away after the split it, it will be different from evening up the home and aways from each team.

Ah okay. Well fingers crossed we get 3 home games and two of them are against County and Partick. Will give us the best chance of survival I think.

Assuming Hamilton finish bottom 6, that will leave us with 8 games against the teams round about us - so it's completely in our own hands. We have to better the teams above us results.

From the last 8 games, I think we can achieve at least 15pts, and that would take us over the 40pts mark and surely ensure our survival. I also firmly believe that all 8 of our remaining games are winnable.

Friday was a real positive for our goal difference as well, and something that we should really be conscious of. I thought ours was so far out it wasn't going to matter, but four past accies without reply has brought it back into play. More goals!

• 2 weeks later...

Partick Thistle (I predicted 4/5 points and they are through that with 7, they've scored the same as us, but you would expect them to drop points in the East End)
Ross County (A) 0
St Johnstone (H) 3
Inverness CT (H) 3
Aberdeen (A) 1
Celtic (A)
Motherwell (H)

Ross County (I said 8 and they're already at 10. 19 points scored from a possible 21 in their last seven games, unprecedented)
Partick Thistle (H) 3
Hamilton (A) 1
Kilmarnock (H) 3
Dundee Utd (A) 3
St Johnstone (H)
St Mirren (A)

St Mirren (I hoped for 4 max, don't think I'll be disappointed)
Kilmarnock (A) 0
St Johnstone (A) 0
Celtic (H) 0
Motherwell (A)
Ross County (H)

Motherwell (I expected 10 points, still well on course with 7)
Kilmarnock (H) 1
Aberdeen (A) 0
Hamilton (H) 3
Kilmarnock (A) 3
St Mirren (H)

Partick Thistle (A)

I can't believe the run County have gone on after picking up 12 points from the first 24 games or something like that. As annoying as it is, fair play to them.

But despite their form, a win for us on Tuesday and them getting beaten brings us level. I wonder how that would effect them mentally that despite their great run they still can't shake us.

I've got a wee feeling neither of us will end up in the play off place though. Going into the split I think it'll be Motherwell 34pts, County 34pts and Partick 35pts.

• Like 1

If we win our next 2, Killie and Thistle are likely to lose their next 2. It puts us a point behind Thistle and 4 behind Killie. At the moment it is not just between us and County, the other two are in serious danger of being pulled right into this

Partick are actually in pretty good form at the moment. They've beaten St.Johnstone, Dundee Utd, Inverness and got a draw at Pittodrie recently. The only team to beat them in the last 5 was Ross County.

Given our record at Firhill, which if you take away the 5-1 victory last season is pretty poor, I don't think anyone should be too bullish about beating Partick. That is going to be a difficult match for us.

We are also going to be under a lot of pressure in that match because even a draw probably isn't enough, assuming Ross County beat St. Mirren. I believe the Ross County/St. Mirren match is played on the Monday which gives them a bit of advantage there as well.

We have a chance to go into the post split games where 4 teams could be battling to stay out of the play off spot. Partick play Celtic and us. Killie play celtic and Aberdeen so hopefully those two are getting " nil point" over the next 2 games. So post split could be starting from the placings below if we can keep it together. I'd be happy for ST Johnstone and St Mirren to take ppoints off County thogh.

Accies 43

Killie 38

County 37

Partick 35

'well 34

St Mirren

hmm, It is mathematically possible for Accies to finish 10th. Mind you it will take a strange string of results like them not getting any more points. For example Everone beats Accies and St Mirren (given current form, very possible!). Each team wins, draws, and loses to the other teams, you get a table like this

Killie 48

County 47

Partick 45

Well 44

Hamilton 43

St Mirren 24

Unlikey but bloody funny if it happened!

As it stands, 45 points guarantees safety

Anybody else got the fear about the h**s hitting a bit of form?

The run Ross county are on is unbelievable! 6 wins from 7, having won 2 from 24 in mid February!

I'm hoping we can both drag Thistle and even killie into it.

Our form isn't too shabby either.

Beat St Mirren on Tuesday, and they're all but down, that's the 1st priority.

I think The Currants are stick-ons for second, simply because they've a manager who is not a complete twanger. Let's face it I could win the league with them!

Hopefully, the Hibbies get their act together, but I think Fistle is our best hope.