2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Has he been there for years? I thought he was one of the players they got from Queens Park and used a loophole to avoid paying a development fee.

Since 2006

Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 15.31.32.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Souttar

http://dufc.co/the-teams/first-team/6087/

@Yassin - apparently so http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/441338/Dundee-United-s-John-Souttar-rejected-move-to-Sunderland

I wish we could be a proper forward thinking business and plan more than 6 months ahead. Guys like Bannigan & Cerny at Partick, Blair Alston & Keiran Duffie at Falkirk, McGovern at Hamilton all bosmans in the summer amd would be cracking for us.

I heard Higdon is going to United at the end of the seasons, Don't quote me on that though

I had heard that as well only they wanted him in January. That won't happen as he's already played for Sheffield Utd and has been on loan at Oldham and therefore can't play for a 3rd team in one season. It hasn't worked out for him at Sheffield Utd. Wonder where he'll end up next? Off topic, but I've also noticed Ojamaa hadn't even been getting off the bench for Swindon lately.

I had heard that as well only they wanted him in January. That won't happen as he's already played for Sheffield Utd and has been on loan at Oldham and therefore can't play for a 3rd team in one season. It hasn't worked out for him at Sheffield Utd. Wonder where he'll end up next? Off topic, but I've also noticed Ojamaa hadn't even been getting off the bench for Swindon lately.

Didn't even know he was at Swindon.

And the moral of the story?

There must be a right way to Oldham

Matron ! My medication please...

I see Moore has extended his loan with Ayr until the end of the season, when his contract expires.

Reckon we wont see him in a 'Well shirt again.

It could just be patter from McGhee but the quote in the news story on the club website suggests there is at the very least an opportunity there. I suppose a lot of it may be down to how things go with his injuries as he picked up another couple at Ayr.

"However, he is very much in our minds and we'll closely monitor his weekly progress at Somerset Park. He's one of a number of younger players we intend to loan out to get them more ready for future campaigns with Motherwell." http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2016/01/05/moore-extends-ayr-utd-stay/

Souttar, from what I've read, seems to have been working his ticket at United.

It's difficult to tell given United fans seem to have a tendency to be blaming everyone and anything for their current state (McNamara, Thompson etc) but he seems to have been getting the brunt of it; boo'd when he's on the ball, boo'd when he's coming on to the park etc etc. Essentially he seems to have veered into total CBA territory in terms of his performances on the park, suggestions that he's put on a ton of weight, photos of him on social media cutting about kebab shops etc.

If they're not offering him a contract though what's the deal with his development fee given he's been there for years?

FWIW: the suggestion on United forums is that the contract he originally knocked back from them at the start of the season would have made him joint highest earner at Tannadice.

Sounds a lot like a certain Gary Kenneth... Currently with Forfar Albion apparently.

Agree with above.

Can't help make comparisons with Chris Humphrey.

Ainsworth has a good bit more to his game,goals for starters and a bit more game awareness, but despite being better on most levels, I felt even in his worst games Humphrey offered something (even if it was just an out ball), whereas when Ainsworth doesn't show up, which is fairly regularly, he's a complete waste of a jersey.

I like him, but if we got a decent fee for him (£150-200k?), all the best to him.

Exactly how I feel about him. It's little wonder he's ha umpteen clubs tbh; must be the most frustrating player on the planet. Fans can put up with a lack of ability but not a lack of effort

In complete honesty If the rumours of ainsworth leaving are true I'm quite happy as we have johnson who (any time i've seen him) has been faultless under mcghee and ainsworth for me has always been a frustrating player to watch in most games so if the club has gotten a decent fee then thats good

More of a chance for dom to get in the first team on occasion now

As per our business plan, we should be looking to sell one player on this season. Not saying that is Ainsworth, but someone of that profile makes sense i.e. something to offer and with decent period left on his contract.