2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

GCHQ/NSA be damned - it's an ankle injury.

I think the point was more that we were initially told that it was minor and he shouldn't miss too many games but now it's all gone quiet and the weeks are dragging on.

I think the point was more that we were initially told that it was minor and he shouldn't miss too many games but now it's all gone quiet and the weeks are dragging on.

Do you think they were lying when they said it was minor, or that was the advice the doctors gave them?

I know everyone goes into meltdown when the team hits a run of bad form, but this is getting OF-like ridiculous.

We only stayed up last year by winning a play-off. I think a few people on here need to reset their expectations for this season. We need to take some time to rebuild, and we shouldn't be expecting a Top 6 finish. All the seasons we were best of the rest and people were still on here moaning I kept pointing out they should enjoy it more because there were plenty of shit seasons around the corner. This will be one of them, so you need to try and find a way to enjoy it or you'll be miserable until June.

• Like 5

Theo Robinson actually has a reasonable pedigree and we've helped a lot of players rejuvenate their careers at Fir Park. Remember a certain McDonald that was

written off before her arrived here?

With Moore on loan, Fletcher injured and Clarkson playing a bit part role, I'd welcome a striker with pave that offers something different. He's on a free, has scored goals at other clubs, hasn't seemed to settle anywhere for long, but neither had Ainsworth.

Maybe he'd link well with Skippy, but I guess I'm just positive about the prospect of signings, unlike others on here.

• Like 1

Unless Fletcher's injury is particularly serious (which we don't know/haven't been told yet), there's no point in signing another striker after a handful of games. Skippy and Moult could, if played in the right way, form a fairly effective partnership, with Clarkson as backup.

Another RB and a solid midfielder are far more pressing than a striker.

It looked like there was a new signing sitting amongst the players tonight, he was a young looking black guy, think he sat with Flow most of game, think Flow was asked who he was and he didn't or wouldn't say

Had a look through images on Google of Theo Robinson and it's definitely him that was at game last night

Do you think they were lying when they said it was minor, or that was the advice the doctors gave them?

The club were less than truthful about Ramsden's injury he picked up at Tynecastle and they completely blank anyone who inquires about the manager's contract.

How long players will be out are is standard press conference fare, hopefully we hear later today.

The club were less than truthful about Ramsden's injury he picked up at Tynecastle and they completely blank anyone who inquires about the manager's contract.

God forbid a business recognising the rights of individuals to privacy and confidentiality regarding their employment, eh?

Tell you what, I'll go and ask at your office/work/wherever about the details of your contract and see how far I get, shall I? If someone enquired about mine I'd fully expect my business to tell them to shove it.

Quite frankly, the club can tell us as much or as little as they want to regarding certain things, whether we like it or not. I'm all for transparency but we don't need to be told what we want to hear when we don't need to know the answer or it steps over a confidentiality line.

• Like 1

God forbid a business recognising the rights of individuals to privacy and confidentiality regarding their employment, eh?

Tell you what, I'll go and ask at your office/work/wherever about the details of your contract and see how far I get, shall I? If someone enquired about mine I'd fully expect my business to tell them to shove it.

Quite frankly, the club can tell us as much or as little as they want to regarding certain things, whether we like it or not. I'm all for transparency but we don't need to be told what we want to hear when we don't need to know the answer or it steps over a confidentiality line.

The confidentially was due to an insurance payment made by on behalf of the hospital who fucked up Ramsden's first operation.

The club can obviously tell us whatever we want but I was just using that example to show that the public line isn't always the full story. There were loads of posts that spring wondering when Ramsden would be back and what was going on with his injury and we were all completely in the dark as to what was actually going on.

On the manager's contract most clubs are happy to make the length of contract public.

The difference in the amount of information shared by clubs is typically down to whether they are publicly traded or not. If they are public, then there is more information they need to disclose in their accounts and some details they can't make public for legal reasons.

As for injuries, for some injuries, there is no timescale except "wait until it's better". The club certainly don't owe us that kind of information and it probably violates EU privacy laws if they communicate health details without the players consent.

I'm more interested in the available players and how they perform, to be honest. If Moult and Skippy start in Saturday it doesn't matter if Fletcher is out for a week or a month; he will have no influence on the result.

There's also the gamesmanship angle too. Managers are often reluctant to give opponents too much information in advance. As it stands, unless Gary Locke has inside contacts at Fir Park, he won't know whether Fletcher is in line to play or not. Keep them guessing and make their game planning that bit more difficult.