2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Fine if it is budgeted for. Not fine if we lose a couple of games and money we will need to pay back Les is panic spunked because the manager is shite and can't get a team performing.

We have something like 25 players with first team experience by no means the smallest squad in the league.

The Murphy money is a bonus which should allow us to bring in a couple of players.

Given the number of players who are completely unproven or injury prone in our squad i still think it's a bit thin.

Interested to see who we're looking to bring in, what position/type of player, permanent or loan etc.

Looking at it from a glass half full perspective I suppose a reasonably sensible approach, given the sort of transition we've seen over the summer etc, would be for us to have held something back & given it a few games with the new players and proposed first XI to see how we're playing and what the lie of the land is, if we need to strengthen and where before the window shuts.

I genuinely don't want to sign anyone else. There is cover in every position in the first-team squad. Arguably, there's more competition for places this year than in two or three years.

How good those players are is, quite clearly, up for debate but simply adding more new bodies isn't the fix-all answer.

It's up to the players to perform. It's up to the manager to select the correct players for the correct tactics for each game.

• Like 2

Not sure endlessly adding to the squad will help. I'd hold off now and see what's needed in January to give a bit of impetus then

What's needed right now is for each player to take a good look at himself and decide whether they are up for a fight. And if they are, what's stopping them- too many times they have just faded out of games.

When the going gets tough....

Actually, let's sign Billy Ocean

I genuinely don't want to sign anyone else. There is cover in every position in the first-team squad. Arguably, there's more competition for places this year than in two or three years.

How good those players are is, quite clearly, up for debate but simply adding more new bodies isn't the fix-all answer.

It's up to the players to perform. It's up to the manager to select the correct players for the correct tactics for each game.

Totally agree.

I generally don't want to add to the squad, particularly if it's being added to Les's invoice, as we have sufficient numbers.

However, a combination of our new fancy database and recruitment team has left us alarmingly inadequate in 2 positions.

Over and above quality however, deeper issues remain as we should have had to pick up at least a draw against United and St Johnstone.

In most areas of the team yes. However where is the cover for Pearson & Lasley?

If we dont need to sign anyone who do we play in central midfield and right back?

For midfield we have Las, Pearo, Jack, the new guy and some folk say Cadden is centre mid. I am unsure as I haven't saw him tbh. McDonald is clearly fancied as an attacking mid too.

At right back we have Law, Watt & Kennedy too can apparently play there

• Like 1

At right back we have Law, Watt & Kennedy too can apparently play there

We still have Craig Reid also. Is he actually injured? I seem to remember him tweeting he was glad to be back training after an injury but wasn't with the squad when they travelled to Holland.

The Murphy money is a bonus which should allow us to bring in a couple of players.

The Murphy money should first and foremost be directed towards this year's running costs. There is occasional talk of how we pay Les back and find the means to run the club. This is realistically the only way we're going to do it. We are never going to reach the required sums through Well Society subscriptions however much they will modestly boost the "overdraft facility". Pure and simple it will be transfer fees, compensation and add-ons that will help us run the club and however tempting (some will say essential) it might be to throw it back into the playing budget it has to be put towards the running of the club.

• Like 1

It seems we already had the budget to bring in a couple of players before the Murphy money - at least from Baraclough's interviews the past few weeks.

That's the easy part, though. The difficult part is finding the right quality at a price we can afford. Youngsters with potential won't meet our immediate needs, but are more affordable and fit in with the long term plan. Older, more experienced pros, are a lot more expensive and difficult to find.

We still have Craig Reid also. Is he actually injured? I seem to remember him tweeting he was glad to be back training after an injury but wasn't with the squad when they travelled to Holland.

Apparently he got re-injured (take from that what you will).

Even so, he is no better than Law.

Aye sadly we've been dishing out the 2 for 1 deals too often lately- on the goals front .

I think we need to roll out the Dave Bassett- ICT style - FOUR FOUR FUCKING TWO!

we need to be harder to beat . Two inconsistent wingers who don't do enough in the attacking sense, or in the way of backing up the error prone fullbacks- a luxury we can ill afford .

Play it tight, safety first- I'm all for the West Ham Way/ Newcastle's " we'll score more than you" idylls

But the priority is stopping the rot for now

I'd have Kennedy and Chalmers at full back, give Ainsworth and Johnson a half each max.

Lasley Leitch McDonald in the middle

Moult and Clarkson / Fletcher if fit up front, working their bollocks off shutting the defence down

100% concentration

100% application

From first whistle to last

GET IN ABOUT THEM!