2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

From a Sheffield Utd fan:

"Jamie Murphy sold, £2 million plus add-ons to Brighton.

He's great on his day, easily one of the best players in the league, but is so inconsistent and gets bullied out of games. I'm gutted he's gone as it's not a good time to lose one of your better players, but it's also a good fee. However, it won't be if we waste the money/don't spend any of it."

He was too lightweight. Regardless, he was a fantastic player, but getting a move to Brighton doesn't change any of his attributes.

Doesn't sound like he's changed much to be fair

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/spfl/13609740.Ian_Baraclough_hoping_to_get_a_share_of_the_Jamie_Murphy_bonus_money_to_bolster_Motherwell_ranks/?

That puts to bed the did we, didn't we discussion. Looks like 1 or 2 other players will come in before the deadline tooY

Yes, but not the how much..............."reported to be" ...is still ambiguous

Aye, it's always annoyed me that clubs can do these "undisclosed fee" deals behind closed doors.

This is common practice on mainland Europe. More often than not its the buying club that requests that the fee is kept confidential. It cropped up with us when Henri Anier was transferred and some posters were unhappy with our club's attitude. However, a club spokesman said that it had nothing to do with MFC and was a condition demanded by the buying club.

I make that 5 games for Erwin at Leeds and he hasn't even came off the bench once.......

A little loan till January would be nice...!!!

aye but he has prob been paid 25 grand over the course of those games and more importantly his agent has probably taken delivery of a shiny new Bentley and been on holiday to the Bahamas with his cut so not 1 fuck will be given. Itll probably take till January for the realization to set in and then he will look for a loan

aye but he has prob been paid 25 grand over the course of those games and more importantly his agent has probably taken delivery of a shiny new Bentley and been on holiday to the Bahamas with his cut so not 1 fuck will be given. Itll probably take till January for the realization to set in and then he will look for a loan

Fair point.... Just gutting to see. Another season at Fir Park would have seen him grow as a player and potentially been a starter next year, rather than stagnate and end up at someone say Oldham.

Fair point.... Just gutting to see. Another season at Fir Park would have seen him grow as a player and potentially been a starter next year, rather than stagnate and end up at someone say Oldham.

Completely agree, a full season as main striker wouldve got him a move just as big if not bigger. As it is , now he will waste for 2 years before getting released and ending up at Oldham or Carlisle or something. A very poorly advised laddie

Completely agree, a full season as main striker wouldve got him a move just as big if not bigger. As it is , now he will waste for 2 years before getting released and ending up at Oldham or Carlisle or something. A very poorly advised laddie

I think the fact that he lost the best part of 2 seasons due to injury, may have swayed his decision.

If he's good enough he'll get his chance at Leeds. They aren't miles ahead of us.

Craig Reid off to St. Mirren? I've got room in my car for him and Josh Law they can have them both.

If they are anything like everyone else then I very much doubt they would get in your car anyway, due to you being a massive tit.

• Like 8

Lee Erwin was apparently on buttons while he was with us...I'd imagine he is on significantly more at Leeds and I'd also think that he would have signed there thinking that he'd be able to handle the standard. Time will tell if he done the right thing

The new contract we offered would've probably tripled his wages at least. Can't see him having been on any more than £300 a week with us.