2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

McGeady mentioned in an interview that he has a lot of respect for everyone in the East Stand who supported his choice to play for Ireland over Scotland and that he'd love to play for us one day.

Im trying to work out if this is a clever comment from you or if mcgeady did say this with more than a hint of sarcasm?

I am sorry but WTF is happening in here?

Is it me who is being trolled? Did I miss an "in joke"? This is fucking ludacris.

Ludacris-ps01.jpg

Actually, this is Ludacris.

Correct on both counts...but the question remains unanswered is it the rumour or mcgeady thats bollocks

Both?

Mcgeady definitely didn't say that.

There was a rumour, but it's bollocks.

Only way an EPL player would come to us on loan is if they are young and unproven.

I don't like mcgeady and think he's pretty over rated, but he's far too big a name to come to us on loan.

Aye see he's left the h**s by "mutual convent" ,take him ? Absolutely.

We need a mobile & ball winning defensive midfielder before we need another defender right now; that's should be the priority. If he's capable of playing right back and not being turned inside out every week then I'd think about it after we've signed the former.

Edit: Also, he's 30 and has had numerous cruciate injuries in his career. No thanks.

• Like 1

St Mirren trying to compete with Hibs for second this season by going down last season's Rangers route of signing veterans who've played in the SPL...?

St. Mirren have one of the weakest squads in the division. They need bodies just to be able to compete in that league never mind finish 2nd.

Ah, the club ethos of developing our own young players working well, I see...

If we don't bring in a right back is Watt going to play every minute of every game? Is he going to be good enough or have no dips in form?

Our squad is small enough that we can sign a couple of players without bumping anyone completely out of consideration. Thomas and Leitch have featured and need to take their chances, Cadden and McLean are 18 and haven't shown anything to suggest they are ready for a regular run.

If we don't bring in a right back is Watt going to play every minute of every game? Is he going to be good enough or have no dips in form?

Our squad is small enough that we can sign a couple of players without bumping anyone completely out of consideration. Thomas and Leitch have featured and need to take their chances, Cadden and McLean are 18 and haven't shown anything to suggest they are ready for a regular run.

Fine if it is budgeted for. Not fine if we lose a couple of games and money we will need to pay back Les is panic spunked because the manager is shite and can't get a team performing.

We have something like 25 players with first team experience by no means the smallest squad in the league.

Ah, the club ethos of developing our own young players working well, I see...

Which young player is ready to step into Las's boots as of now Greg? I simply can't think of any. Of the current crop possibly Watt and Thomas seem to be the best but neither could remotely be described as an out and out ball winning defensive midfielder.

Over the years, I've witnessed many young lads come through the ranks at Fir Park, but I can never recall 11 or thereabouts covering all positions, breaking through at the same time. For a year or two we might see strikers, then it might be the turn of midfielders a few years later, then perhaps a centre back.

For some positions we have to accept that there are currently no ready made replacements ready to step in and that buying in is the only solution.

Which young player is ready to step into Las's boots as of now Greg? I simply can't think of any. Of the current crop possibly Watt and Thomas seem to be the best but neither could remotely be described as an out and out ball winning defensive midfielder.

Over the years, I've witnessed many young lads come through the ranks at Fir Park, but I can never recall 11 or thereabouts covering all positions, breaking through at the same time. For a year or two we might see strikers, then it might be the turn of midfielders a few years later, then perhaps a centre back.

For some positions we have to accept that there are currently no ready made replacements ready to step in and that buying in is the only solution.

Thats the problem we have Dave...IB sees these " young players" day in day out and along with the other coaching staff. So if they are not regular starters that tells me that the manager and coaching staff dont think that they are ready and/ or up to the job required. If a player is good enough they will get the chance to prove it. But if the people who are paid to make these choices and probably better qualified to do so than most on this forum decide they are not ready then we need to run with it. I am all for bringing in new players but only if they are better than the options we currently have and will improve the team, sadly in a few positions that need filled we need to bring players in as it looks like we have nobody ready to step up

• Like 1