2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

in jest I trust....

same as many were last summer , I'm happy at the signs of change this season

Thing is, as fans we can bask in the afterglow as long as we like. As long as the players don't.

For me, that's the disappointing thing about the lack of early transfer activity (and lack of new strip). Motherwell fans were feeling so positive after the playoffs, it would have been good to keep that buzz going with some good early news or sell a truckload of new kits on the back of such a good win...

• Like 1

I certainly hoped we'd have a couple of confirmed signings by return for pre season, we're at one with a few days yet to go so no major panic stations yet. First pre season game on the 7th of July is next marker for me, I'd hope we wouldn't have gaping holes to be filled as we look to start playing a few games so hoping for resolution with Ainsworth, hopefully know if Laing and Long are back or not and one striker as absolute minimum. A quiet unease giving way to ever increasing anxiety as friendlies start to slip by if we don't at least have a decent looking first XI in place.

The late season end and the subsequent delay in knowing what league we ended up in clearly had an impact on the whole shirt sponsor issue- although I for one liked the season we put the Puma one on sale without the sponsors logo. Same issues in terms of recruitment, all likely candidates will have been off to sunny climes.

Momentum lost indeed, but we don't have the situation where we've played European ties and are still recruiting. A solid set of friendlies and an opportunity for the new fitness and recovery guru to prepare them properly will do for me.

We dont kick-off until August the 6th, there is plenty of time to get bodies in. Calm the beans...

As for the Super Scout that has just left...is this the same fella that gave us the worst player I have ever seen in a Motherwell jersey, in Shakey Strakey and the other boy that was with us for a few weeks, and whose main contribution was falling over his own feet in his solitary appearance?

I see there are a few clubs in for Jamie Murphy, do we have a sell on clause?

I'm sure we do which, given he's just won Sheffield United Player of the Year, Player's Player of the Year, Goal of the Season and signed a new contract, could be pretty lucrative for us. United will be looking for big pounds to take him.

• Like 1

Skippy, Ainsworth and I would take Clarkson for a year, will more than do for starters/pre-season. Twardzick would be more than capable for pre-season whilst we source competition for the goalies jersey and I think Chalmers can play centre half.

That would allow for a more than decent starting 11 to begin with.

the reports I read were 750k, so a far cry from the £2m mentioned above

as for Long, that one will be interesting - new Blades manager, they will start there pre-season after us, and I'm not convinced this one will go through early unless their manager has several other better candidates already on board

I see there are a few clubs in for Jamie Murphy, do we have a sell on clause?

It was reported at the time that the fee we sold him for was £100k, could rise to £250k. Assuming that rise would be for games played or Sheff Utd gaining promotion etc. Didn't mention a sell on clause.

Hopefully we have one in

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jamie-murphy-set-for-motherwell-exit-1512950

the reports I read were 750k, so a far cry from the £2m mentioned above

as for Long, that one will be interesting - new Blades manager, they will start there pre-season after us, and I'm not convinced this one will go through early unless their manager has several other better candidates already on board

I'd have expected the bidding to start at £2m if he was English...

As he's Scottish, it'll end up being less than half that. I'd be surprised, pleasently, if we do have a sell-on clause. Considering he was sold with only a few months left of his contract remaining, we would have no virtually no room for negotiation, or to make any demands in the sale.

News from fir park imminent on Daily Record seems to be skippy orientated. Hopefully a 1 year deal and kit release

Source please...i suspect the record is just trawling various web sites and making up random pish like they usually do. When the signings are announced officially by the club i will believe them.

Apologies if this has been posted, but we can rule out signing Jamie Macdonald - signed for Killie today. Bit of a gutter, I thought he was pretty good keeper.

Bit of a gutter? Doubt we were even in the market, if we were, we've dodged a bullet methinks.

• Like 1

Just out of interest, what size of squad do we need to be competitive and hopefully avoid a season like the last one. I know that this discounts factors such as injuries and the quality of said squad, but could we normally get along with a squad of twenty two or twenty three, including three goalies? I also appreciate that there can be some possible input from the under 20s, but what size of first team squad should a club of our stature be looking to operate with?

Would anyone take kris Boyd as the mobile striker? Regardless of where he used to play. Could he do the job?

Whit...its a bit early to be at the wind up. Kris Boyd and mobile are 2 words you dont often see in the same sentence. He contributed feck all to a shite Rangers team playing in the championship against mainly average teams, he is done at the top level.