2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

I agree, this person was brought in to help build the club up again, this is a mid to long term plan and never good to hear someone move on so quickly especially with the new season only a few weeks away and a major squad rebuild under way

Safe to say regrettable all round, I'm sure our former employee feels a bit coy towards for his mate who got him the gig, I'm sure our manager hoped he may have found the role he gave him more attractive than the one he's now moving to and I'm sure the club could have done without all the upheaval and the extra expense and hassle of recruiting a replacement.

This is definitely the most significant summer for recruitment since 2009.

Always a bit sceptical about appointing a 46 yr old who's been a manager/ asst manager at various clubs down south . Unless his package offered a significant share of the spoils in future transfer fees I just couldn't see him sticking around if another club came looking. Be interesting to see what fruit the new worldwide scouting network bears. Hopefully it's not just a few guys watching random YouTube show reels til they go blind...

We've managed to sign players without a Head of Recruitment before, I'm sure we'll cope.

That may be true but the results haven't always been great. We are trying to move on and be more professional and have a sustained and permanent presence in the transfer market rather than reacting to losing players when we could have been proactive in our recruitment and retention.

While not great, the good news is that we do seem to have implemented a new scouting system (using the Moneyball kind of approach), so that should still be in place.

As for proactive, we re-signed Pearo and managed to lock down Dom Thomas. However, the nature of the beast these days is that agents won't let their players sign any contract until they have squeezed every possible offer out of every possible club, and they takes a few weeks. Also, there was uncertainty which league we'd be in and, even if the budget wasn't to be cut after relegation, I'm sure a number of targets would be reluctant to play in the Championship.

In our most successful seasons we have been doing business all summer and even after the deadline. Last season, we had most of our business transacted early and that turned out to be a bit of a disaster.

It's still a buyers' market, though.

• Like 1

This is the guy who was at Aldershot with Straker and Plymouth with Nathan Thomas.

If we didn't punt him we've had a lucky escape.

That is a fair point. His time does seem to have overlapped with them both!

Jesus fuck..the guy hasn't had a chance to do anything before he moved on and we are already slagging him off with absoultely no proof whatever that he done a bad job

• Like 1

Jesus fuck..the guy hasn't had a chance to do anything before he moved on and we are already slagging him off with absoultely no proof whatever that he done a bad job

Maybe a bit harsh on reflection. Anyway, he has jumped ship very early into his new position for whatever reason which I am not too keen on. Hopefully we have set up what we need to in his time here and we can get someone in to fill the position without too much impact felt.

Massive season for Moore.

Prior to his injury, I don't think there was much doubt he'd make a similar impact similar to what Erwin has went on and achieved. However, it remains to be seen if he can recover fully from his injury. I rate him highly but he looked painfully slow against Thistle and during his Ibrox cameo.

Moore was much better than McHugh in the U20s, but suffered from lack of opportunity with McCall. He had a great partnership with Erwin and it's a shame we won't see that in the the first team. As long as his injury hasn't crocked him I think he has a good chance of making an impact.

Massive season for Moore.

Prior to his injury, I don't think there was much doubt he'd make a similar impact similar to what Erwin has went on and achieved. However, it remains to be seen if he can recover fully from his injury. I rate him highly but he looked painfully slow against Thistle and during his Ibrox cameo.

It reminds me of the regression of Kevin McBride when he got injured. Never recovered. Hopefully with a full pre-season he can get back to a suitable level of fitness, speed and sharpness. I also have a feeling they'll be getting a very rigorous regime come Thursday.