Hearts V Motherwell Wed 12 Aug 19:45

Yabba's Turd

Too early in the season to make judgements. With Fletcher, Moult, Ripley and Taylor bedding in and Skippy missing a preseason, it's always going to take a few weeks at best for the team to take shape.

I still wouldn't have thrown Taylor into this particular game though. At least guys like Leitch and Chalmers are up to SPFL speed.

Too early in the season to make judgements. With Fletcher, Moult, Ripley and Taylor bedding in and Skippy missing a preseason, it's always going to take a few weeks at best for the team to take shape.

I still wouldn't have thrown Taylor into this particular game though. At least guys like Leitch and Chalmers are up to SPFL speed.

Concerning that we are still giving away poor goals and still struggling to score. Might be 1 goal in 3 matches by the end of tonight. Weren't exactly banging them in a pre-season either.

I hadn't really given much thought to the lack of pre-season for McDonald until now. When fit he can offer a huge amount, but as things stand he simply can't fulfil what's being asked of him.

Scope for Clarkson to step in (at least he's had a bit of prep) as that link between the midfield and attack, with Skippy coming off the bench? Or...Moult and Fletcher up front together?

Still early days however a poor result at the weekend and 1 or 2 people, including myself, will start to ask questions of the manager. He has been given scope to develop a squad as he wanted - including paying fees for some players. 1 goal in 3 matches is a sluggish start and despite it all, we are no better off than where we were this time last season. On paper, we should be a top 5 side. Of course we are going to lose matches however I'm concerned that for whatever reason, we don't seem to have a bit of grit or killer (Winner) instinct in the side...

• Like 1

Thing is weve been creating good chances but aint taking them. We are then being punished for mistakes. We need to remember we have been playing good teams and its still early in the season. l

A fair point - it's easy to forget just how bad we were last year. There have obviously been a number of changes behind the scenes at the club that won't have instant impacts (this stretches back to last season), but there is improvement. Once the new players bed in I've no doubt we'll be fine.

I'm actually glad I went tonight otherwise I would never have believed how bad we were.

That performance was plucked straight from the worst of last season.

What exactly was the game plan tonight? The passing, movement, desire....everything was missing.

Barraclough kept us up but a few more performances like that and the time that bought him is going to run out.

Horrendous performance. McDonald and Johnson particularly poor. And persisting with long balls against a tall back four utter madness.

There was no need for McDonald to concede the penalty, absolute rush of blood to the head due to his own poor performance.

An absolute shadow of the team that were unlucky to lose on Saturday, and the worst part is that Hearts didn't even need to break a sweat.

Poor all round.

First post - I'll try and be as positive as I can!

Not going to get too critical - and not seen the game so can't really comment too much.

The first few games were never going to be easy - but it seems like a repeat from last season under barra - we either win or get scudded. Seems we're too easy to turn over if we're not at 100% no matter who the opposition is.

Hopefully we can get what would be a shock win on Saturday and kick on from their. If not a draw would be good but I'm not holding my breath.

Ah well, let's keep the faith - in Barra I trust!