Hearts V Motherwell Wed 12 Aug 19:45

Yabba's Turd

At least with Brian Kerr you got the odd screamer and few good assists. If we get half of what Kerr contributed from Taylor, we can probably consider it a success.

That's what annoyed me about Kerr. Bags of talent, but what he possessed in ability he made up for in equal measures with poor attitude. Thought he'd made it at Newcastle and just expected it to continue without applying any effort.

Well if Bara picks Taylor that's good enough for me.Unlike some on here the gaffer didn't seem tae pick players on sentiment. Ripley straight in on Saturday, Wee Dan on the bench where he should be, is a damn fine decision.

Giving Taylor a few days to settle in and get used to his new teammates is hardly sentimental. Maybe everyone on here has seen him perform well already this season. I suspect he's not match fit and will need a game or two to find his feet.

If he plays from the start, more power to him.

That's what annoyed me about Kerr. Bags of talent, but what he possessed in ability he made up for in equal measures with poor attitude. Thought he'd made it at Newcastle and just expected it to continue without applying any effort.

Brian Kerr certainly didn't make the most of his ability but he had a very serious knee injury early in his time with us. Many players are never quite the same after that kind of thing.

Giving Taylor a few days to settle in and get used to his new teammates is hardly sentimental. Maybe everyone on here has seen him perform well already this season. I suspect he's not match fit and will need a game or two to find his feet.

If he plays from the start, more power to him.

He was on the bench for Reading at the weekend. So, hopefully not too far of match fitness.

-----------------------Ripley------------------------

Law--------Laing--------McManus-------Hammell

----------------Lasley----Taylor-----------------------

Ainsworth-------------------------------Johnson

---------------------McDonald-----------------

---------------------Fletcher-------------------

I'd be happy with this, gives them as many problems to think about and deal with defensively as how they're going to try and get the ball in the back of our net.

Brian Kerr certainly didn't make the most of his ability but he had a very serious knee injury early in his time with us. Many players are never quite the same after that kind of thing.

I was just about to say the same; I think the signing of Kerr was a major coup at the time and things would have been totally different if he hadn't been injured so seriously (hindsight/alternate universe, I know).

I think this will be a tough game for most SPL sides this year. Hearts at home are excellent. They are a very good team as shown by romping the Championship.

Actually I would not be suprised at all if Hearts finished in the top three this year.

So with that in mind I'm going for a 3-0 win for Motherwell!

I was just about to say the same; I think the signing of Kerr was a major coup at the time and things would have been totally different if he hadn't been injured so seriously (hindsight/alternate universe, I know).

It wasn't his inujry problems that made him bad mouth every team he played for.

Gutted I cant make it through tonight as I was, result aside, impressed with the majority of our performance on Saturday.

Ripley

Law--McManus--Lain--Hammell

Ainsworth--Leitch--Lasley--Johnson

Skippy--Fletcher

Law/Leitch - I would think about swapping out. However, I dont know what Kennedy or Taylor are like to know if they are any better. Is Watt injured just now?

Going for Motherwell win to win by a goal 2- 1

Both teams to score in first half (3/1 at Paddy)

------------------Ripley---------------------

----Law--Laing--McManus--Hammell---

-Ainsworth--Taylor---Lasley--Johnson-

------------McDonald----------------------

-----------------Fletcher-------------------

subs:

Twardzik

Chalmers

Kennedy

Clarkson

Leitch

Thomas

Cadden

NOTE -Moult in for Fletcher

My bad, I thought I got it, the perils of copy and pasting. Now fixed.

As for coverage, BBC get on my tits at times, the Celtic vs Killie game is on BT Sport and they also cover it on radio. While there's two other games including a near sellout at Tynecastle that would benefit their audience better.

Michael Stewart is monotone and an absolutely chronic contributor. Maybe the BBC will get other folk from TV ads on, maybe the GoCompare Singer or Juan Sheet from the kitchen roll one as that seems to be an endorsement for BBC inclusion.