Next Gaffer?

Infamous Wee Grafter

Hello Steelmen friends. Sorry for my poor English. I come to site to find out if god of S.S. Lazio is new head coach? I try to find information online but no success.

I hear news is that Paolo Di Canio is head coach - it true? What are your feelings?

He is a god here. Look forward to response. Thank you.

LA CURVA NORD, QUELLA CHE NON TRADISCE MAI!!!!

Hiya Burn Broomfield,hiya pal.
  • Like 1

Not suggesting Pressley'll get the job or even that he's favourite but he's certainly in the board's thinking. Track record of working with and developing young players, knowledge of the English market and Scottish football...

Former team mate of McManus, McDonald and Pearson. Good thing or bad thing, not entirely sure...

they say that time heals all wounds,

and I'm surprised to hear myself say this,

but I genuinely think we should approach Mark Mcghee - for a short term contract to provide what we need.

the players need controlling, and he wears brown brogues

hopefully someone will put me right on why he isn't a good fit, as Im feeling distressed at my own suggestion

but I genuinely think we should approach Mark Mghee - for a short term contract to provide what we need.

hopefully someone will put me right on why he isn't a good fit, as Im feeling distressed at my own suggestion

Short term, I can see the appeal. I wasn't a massive fan first time round but he got the best out of some players and we were fit.

Downside? Need someone to commit 100% not commute twice a week. And he had more quality at his disposal last time. For me, it's a no but I wasn't a fan to start with so probably not the one to ask...

• Like 1

Don't fancy Pressley at all, don't think he has had much success as a manager.

I didn't fancy Craigan initially but the more I think about it give him till end of season and see how it goes, I think Craigan would get more support from fans than some mentioned like Pressley, Shiels etc.

I have a loose connection to Paul Dickov (friend of a friend) and he is very interested in the role.

There will no doubt be an outsider not mentioned will feature.

but there are many resources in place to take the direct contacts requirement away from the boss at this time.....

OK, if that won't float your boat, how about the fact that within a week he'll be touting himself for the Celtic job.

Or interviewing for the Hearts job.

• Like 1

but I genuinely think we should approach Mark Mcghee - for a short term contract to provide what we need.

Him tarting about for every other job?

The shit football we ended up playing?

His, ahem, non friendly departure?

His Celtic suit?

His wage demands?

His laughable contacts?

His big face?

No danger.

We're not going to be signing players any time soon. Surely we'll be cutting back in January apart from a right back?

What we need right now is someone to get the players we have playing and that means keeping the old guard happy. When our circumstances change we get another new manager if need be. Short term appointments have worked well for us in the past.

• Like 1

Waldo, on 28 Sept 2015 - 9:43 PM, said:

Him tarting about for every other job?

The shit football we ended up playing?

His, ahem, non friendly departure?

His Celtic suit?

His wage demands?

His laughable contacts?

His big face?

No danger.

Best football played I've seen was under Mark Mcghee ,He had them fit as well.Will always remember the day Phil died too.Mark Mcghee was One of the best managers we have had .

• Like 3

He was also managing one of the best squads we have had in recent times. All in place before he took over.

He did a great job his first season, and managed the whole Phil situation with great dignity.

All that good work was offset by the signing of Bob Malcolm and the contract extension of Bob Malcolm.

• Like 2

Best football played I've seen was under Mark Mcghee ,He had them fit as well.Will always remember the day Phil died too.Mark Mcghee was One of the best managers we have had .

For about eight months, he was one of the best we had. Anyone remember the cup game against St Mirren when he played Hughes left wing? The signing of Klimpl and Malcolm? The fact that he left us Michael Fraser as a leaving present?

That's just off the top of my head...

Pressley is a bullshit artist. Panders to everything trying to give a soundbite. You only need to look at his series of comments about league reconstruction to see he doesn't have a clue. Constantly changes his mind between 10, 14, 16 and 20 team leagues. Basically he will say whatever he needs to make the papers.

Relegated with Falkirk, relegated with Coventry. Nowhere near promotion with either and sacked with 3 years remaining on his contract with Coventry in the relegation zone. Knocked out the FA cup by a non league team too.

weeyin, on 28 Sept 2015 - 10:01 PM, said:weeyin, on 28 Sept 2015 - 10:01 PM, said:

He was also managing one of the best squads we have had in recent times. All in place before he took over.

He did a great job his first season, and managed the whole Phil situation with grest dignity.

All that good work was offset by the signing of Bob Malcolm and the contract extension of Bob Malcolm.

steelboy, on 28 Sept 2015 - 10:02 PM, said:steelboy, on 28 Sept 2015 - 10:02 PM, said:

There was one season where he was interested and one season where he clearly wasn't fully committed. With hindsight we would have been much better off if he went to Hearts in summer 08.

The guy has already fucked us about once as manager, bringing him back sends the wrong signal.

MelvinBragg, on 28 Sept 2015 - 10:02 PM, said:MelvinBragg, on 28 Sept 2015 - 10:02 PM, said:

For about eight months, he was one of the best we had. Anyone remember the cup game against St Mirren when he played Hughes left wing? The signing of Klimpl and Malcolm? The fact that he left us Michael Fraser as a leaving present?

That's just off the top of my head...

Guys, I never said I wanted him to be the new manager .Was replying to Waldos post.