Next Gaffer?

Infamous Wee Grafter

Hello bagpipes!

How big budget your club has? If Simo Valakari coming Motherwell how big transfer deal your club can offer SJK? 50 000 euros (or GBP), 100 000 euros, 300 000 euros? or nothing? I'm just trying to figure out if Simo really coming Motherwell. He still have 2 years left his contract. Surely not coming for free.

We need someone to look at things with a fresh set of eyes and not be afraid to drop the senior players. A sane version of Jim Gannon...

Does such a thing exist? Some would say that Baraclough was a diluted version of Gannon, so in some respects we have tried it and at this moment in time it doesn’t appear to work for us. We need someone to steady the ship and bring back a bit of consistency to the team and I will be shocked if we take too much of a risk with our next appointment.

Hello bagpipes!

How big budget your club has? If Simo Valakari coming Motherwell how big transfer deal your club can offer SJK? 50 000 euros (or GBP), 100 000 euros, 300 000 euros? or nothing? I'm just trying to figure out if Simo really coming Motherwell. He still have 2 years left his contract. Surely not coming for free.

We have a billionaire owner but we won't be throwing hundreds of thousands pounds on compensation to anyone. What are simo's strengths / weaknesses as manager? Also your ex national team manager mixu was watching our game yesterday and is strongly linked. What do you think of him?

I think my concern would be that a manager who knows the Scottish game would be too blinded by reputations/status and base his selections on that. We need someone to look at things with a fresh set of eyes and not be afraid to drop the senior players. A sane version of Jim Gannon...

It's the senior players that keep this club where it is. It's frightening how reliant we are on guys who are coming towards the end of their careers.

When you finally get your wish and the guys that have been the backbone of one of the most successful eras in the club are no longer there you'll find out how wrong you are.

You think our Morton line up would have won yesterday? Doubt it.

Does such a thing exist? Some would say that Baraclough was a diluted version of Gannon, so in some respects we have tried it and at this moment in time it doesn’t appear to work for us. We need someone to steady the ship and bring back a bit of consistency to the team and I will be shocked if we take too much of a risk with our next appointment.

Don't get this 'similarity' between Baraclough and Gannon.

Baraclough got where he did in the game through being a nice man but with little ability.

Gannon got where he did in the game through having ability but being an absolute snake of a man.

Don't get this 'similarity' between Baraclough and Gannon.

Baraclough got where he did in the game through being a nice man but with little ability.

Gannon got where he did in the game through having ability but being an absolute snake of a man.

I agree and would add that gannon implemented his playing style whereas Barra never even came close to it.

We have a billionaire owner but we won't be throwing hundreds of thousands pounds on compensation to anyone. What are simo's strengths / weaknesses as manager? Also your ex national team manager mixu was watching our game yesterday and is strongly linked. What do you think of him?

We have too rich owner here. We are a bit different kind of club than other Finnish clubs (course HJK think they are always greatest). Other clubs here are happy when having even 80 000 GBP transfer deal but our club owner has refuse selling players like Cedric Gogoua when having 300 000 GBP offers. So Thats why Im asking if Motherwell has any history paying those kind of transfer deals.

Simo awesome coach, very bad thing our club if he is going Motherwell. I think he focus small things when coach players, everything need to be perfect. He is very young coach so I don't know how he can deal possible problems and difficult times. When he coach Finland only HJK has better players than SJK so its kinda easy job coach club like SJK. I don't know what style football Motherwell plays but Simo surely like attacking (keeping ball) football.

Mixu other hand really unpopular coach here, most people are just laughing at him. He got fired our national team couse fail so badly, our national team dropped like place 96 (FIFA ranking).. its worst place through our history. But I guess Mixu had some good result in Scotland before coach our national team. But yeah Simo much much much better coach than Mixu. Mixu a bit stubborn.

Sorry bad english

Edited by SJK

Hello bagpipes!

I think £100 000 would be the absolute limit we would pay for a manager and, even then, only if he was somebody we really really wanted. If we do offer compensation I'm sure it would be somewhere between £10 000 and £50 000.

I don't think we've ever payed for a manager before, but over the last year we've payed apparently around the £25 000 mark for a few players.

Hello bagpipes!

Hello Reindeer fucker!

Don't worry about compensation our new Finnish friend, our owner has a rather ideal situation, he releases funds and then any expenditure is added to the ever increasing pot that the fans from the "deprived and industrial wasteland" have to stump up for over the next 4.5 years.

Nice to spend your own money while knowing its other people who will pick up the tab.

You don't get to sun yourself in Barbados as a tax exile for nothing.

• Like 3

I think £100 000 would be the absolute limit we would pay for a manager and, even then, only if he was somebody we really really wanted. If we do offer compensation I'm sure it would be somewhere between £10 000 and £50 000.

I don't think we've ever payed for a manager before, but over the last year we've payed apparently around the £25 000 mark for a few players.

Thanks this information. I think our owner not happy £100 000 transfer but maybe Simo turn on against SJK and they somehow make it happen. But yeah huge impact our club if Simo going Motherwell. I was really surprise his job application end up news since we have 4 games left and we are top league (1 point difference). Hopefully Motherwell not pick Simo :biggrin:

It's the senior players that keep this club where it is. It's frightening how reliant we are on guys who are coming towards the end of their careers.

When you finally get your wish and the guys that have been the backbone of one of the most successful eras in the club are no longer there you'll find out how wrong you are.

You think our Morton line up would have won yesterday? Doubt it.

Yes, and as you point out, these senior players are all nearing the end of their careers. We need someone with the courage to phase them out gradually and the ability to do so while not affecting team spirit and still picking up results.

No one appreciates more than me what the likes of Lasley and Hammell have done for our club, but we have to address the fact that they're not getting any younger and their performances reflect that. Should be looking at bedding in replacements over the course of a season rather than having to replace the heart of the team in a single transfer window next summer...

Hello Reindeer fucker!

Don't worry about compensation our new Finnish friend, our owner has a rather ideal situation, he releases funds and then any expenditure is added to the ever increasing pot that the fans from the "deprived and industrial wasteland" have to stump up for over the next 4.5 years.

Nice to spend your own money while knowing its other people who will pick up the tab.

Haha! I thought I was the only one a bit miffed by the bagpipes comment. Brilliant way to introduce yourself.

Hello Reindeer fucker!

Oh i did not know you guys think its an insult? I think bagpipes cool cultural thing :santaclaus: We don't usually fuck reindeers even if its totally legal. Our this year biggest rival is RoPS from Lapland and they very much like reindeers. But I think you confuse Finns and Swedes.

Edited by SJK
  • Like 5

Jackie Mac was shafted by himself and his personal cut of transfer fees

Probably on a bonus to for league and cup finishes too, so would be in his interests to get best team on park....possibly find that would be in place at MWELL too, if they are wanting to develop and sell on....as someone said the manager doesn't decide to sell players on

Oh i did not know you guys think its an insult? I think bagpipes cool cultural thing :santaclaus: We don't usually fuck reindeers even if its totally legal. Our this year biggest rival is RoPS from Lapland and they very much like reindeers. But I think you confuse Finns and Swedes.

:lol:

Personally, I love Hanoi Rocks and Michael Monroe.

Probably on a bonus to for league and cup finishes too, so would be in his interests to get best team on park....possibly find that would be in place at MWELL too, if they are wanting to develop and sell on....as someone said the manager doesn't decide to sell players on

Just strikes me as a bit off that he's on a personal cut from transfers. Seems weird to me but, for all I know, maybe that's the way things are done in football these days?

Just strikes me as a bit off that he's on a personal cut from transfers. Seems weird to me but, for all I know, maybe that's the way things are done in football these days?

I think he is only due to a cut to take the heat off the fact that Stephen Thompson takes a cut as well. The same reason Charles Green paid McCoist crazy wages.

You can maybe make a case that a manager deserves a bonus for developing a player but GMS and Armstrong were good players before he got there.

Initially when I heard about the transfer arrangement I thought it was out of order and would result in a conflict of interest. But really I think it all depends on the strategy of the football club and how determined they are to get the correct manager to carry that strategy forward.

For instance, if we brought in a Manager who could attract players from lower league clubs for relatively small fees, develop them and sell them on after a few years for a substantial profit then I could live with him getting a small percentage of the profit generated. Maybe even be able to negotiate a lower basic salary on the basis of a "bonus" coming when his projects move on. Where I would have a problem, and where I think it went belly-up at United, is where the Chairman decides to sell at a critical time in the Club's season....such as just before a Cup Semi or Final. I'm pretty sure MacNamara would have wanted to keep the players until the end of the season but had to fall in line with his Chairman. I think it is much more unethical for a Club Chairman to benefit from player sales.

Oh that we were in the position to be able to sell players the way United have over the past few years.

Depends how you look at it. If Dundee Utd decided their business model depended on selling on young players, then giving the man who develops them a cut could be seen as a good idea. If it was up to him who to sell, then to would be shady, but presumably he had no say in the matter.

In general, I'd much rather someone like him received a cut, than an agent who does nothing to develop talent and is only interested in how many times they can move on a client so they get their 15%.