Ross County V Motherwell Sat 21 Nov 15:00

Yabba's Turd

not too surprised at yesterday result especially after I saw the line up for yesterday game

the lack of cover a left back is an issue that needs to be fixed

sadly our small squad of players means we struggle when we have injuries or suspensions

it is way to early to tell how McGhee is getting on and he's having to work with a team he did sign

not too surprised at yesterday result especially after I saw the line up for yesterday

sadly our small squad of players means we struggle when we have injuries or suspensions

Personally, I think we've got a big first team squad, it's just that they're not good enough.

Can't believe we didn't have someone to play left back that's just nonsense,playing Johnston there is ridiculous as he can't track back half the time.WTF has Luke watt done to not be even considered,during pre season he looked a potential starter when I saw him play.

Mark McGhee hasn't even introduced himself to the under 20's players, so he probably doesn't even know half the players he has available to step up.

Had to laugh when I read him saying the other day that he'd be blooding young players. He may have qualities but bringing through young players isn't one of them. I know of at least one U20 player getting scouted by other clubs at the moment who feels it'd be better for his development to leave at the end of the season...

Had to laugh when I read him saying the other day that he'd be blooding young players. He may have qualities but bringing through young players isn't one of them. I know of at least one U20 player getting scouted by other clubs at the moment who feels it'd be better for his development to leave at the end of the season...

I concur (on all points made)...

said it before if the u20 players are deemed ready for the step up then they will get their chance, maybe McGhee and the rest of the coaching team do not think they are ready?

Mark McGhee hasn't even introduced himself to the under 20's players, so he probably doesn't even know half the players he has available to step up.

Interesting. I could see him maybe wanting to focus on the first team but if that is right then that is ridiculous.

Do they not all train together anyway no?

Time will tell how committed McGhee is to youth development second time around but at the Q&A last Monday he did make mention of him personally taking some U20's sessions so he could better familiarise himself with the players and their abilities.

This. Quite a lot of anti Mark McGhee feeling already beginning to surface going by some posts. I don't pretend to have any inside information but like Andy was at the meeting at Fir Park a week ago. Mark McGhee has been to some Under 20 games and was planning to attend last week's game and taking training sessions. He also said that Les Hutchison had got across that youth was the way ahead. He was also able to single out Dom Thomas and Dylan Mackin for praise and obviously knew a fair bit about both lads.

In our current situation survival is our priority and given that, most of us would sacrifice blooding youngsters for fielding experienced pros and getting a result.

This. Quite a lot of anti Mark McGhee feeling already beginning to surface going by some posts. I don't pretend to have any inside information but like Andy was at the meeting at Fir Park a week ago. Mark McGhee has been to some Under 20 games and was planning to attend last week's game and taking training sessions. He also said that Les Hutchison had got across that youth was the way ahead. He was also able to single out Dom Thomas and Dylan Mackin for praise and obviously knew a fair bit about both lads.

In our current situation survival is our priority and given that, most of us would sacrifice blooding youngsters for fielding experienced pros and getting a result.

Is that the same Dom Thomas who has been given the brush off each time he's approached the manager's door? Talk is cheap.

You seem to have some "inside knowledge" of playing matters. What is the source of your information?

Not any more than most, but, that would be telling. Our lot have varied connections so can weigh up any info against others in the first instance - some doesn't see the light of day, some hits the domain fairly quickly, other just thrown in cryptically. The snippets in relation to our development players is 'straight from the horse's mouth variety'...

I absolutely agree that the players that McGhee has at his disposal are, on the whole, absolute fucking shite, but having said that I don't think he has used them as well as he could have. For one, Jake Taylor shouldn't be allowed back near Fir Park ever again, and sadly I'm reaching the same conclusion about Chalmers.

I understand his desire to try a few combinations while he gets to know the squad, but agree that needs to stop now and the focus should turn to getting a winning team on the park. We aren't top 4 contenders, but there should be enough talent in what we have to keep us out of relegation trouble.

As for the rest, there is a good few that will have to do in the meantime but would like to see replaced ASAP. Central midfielder and a fullback (ideally 2 of each!) and a goalie in January as an absolute minimum if we want to stay in the top flight.

I think you might be disappointed there. The last time I heard McGhee talking about bringing in players he said he really wanted an experienced central midfielder to cover Pearson/Las and an experienced central defender to cover McManus.

I understand his desire to try a few combinations while he gets to know the squad, but agree that needs to stop now and the focus should turn to getting a winning team on the park. We aren't top 4 contenders, but there should be enough talent in what we have to keep us out of relegation trouble.

I think you might be disappointed there. The last time I heard McGhee talking about bringing in players he said he really wanted an experienced central midfielder to cover Pearson/Las and an experienced central defender to cover McManus.

If he's only bringing in cover, that would suggest he thinks we currently have a good enough first XI which, no matter which way you line them up, is completely wrong.