Motherwell V Ross County Sat 23 Jan 15:00

Yabba's Turd

McGhee still talks these 2 up, but it's always with the "they're still young, lots of potential" caveat.

Of course, maybe these 2 are part of his plan to bring in younger players after we hit the 40 point mark. Equally, of course, it could just be they don't fit his style of play; every manager has their favourites, but it would be a shame to lose them as they both seem to have potential.

These two guys at tynecastle last week would have been the preferred option, but truthfully Haggis they are a bomb scare.....big time.

Both are prone at concentration lapses/bad decisions. I remember several fans on here pre-season, talking up the potential of Laing to be our next Hutchison. My how times have changed. I think many of us would have put either or both Laing and Kennedy in the squad for Tynecastle. But then, none of us watch them in training or assess how they respond to our coaching instructions.

If you were either of these two, how would you respond to McGhee's management?

Will Watt feature anytime soon? Potentially our obvious 2nd choice RB

You'd think/hope that would be the case. Watt seems to have been used in various positions for the u20s. Both RB & CH while I'm fairly sure he was playing Lasley's role in the u20s cup game vs Killie.

He was playing RB for the first half on Tuesday night however from watching back the highlights (I had to leave at HT) it looked like they switched him to CH and Kennedy to RB for the 2nd half. I could be wrong though.

Either way, with McGhee and Robinson both at the game the other night and the fact we're at home today with Lasley back I'd hope that they've seen enough to give a couple of the 20s a shot in their actual position in the system that has been working for us rather than shoving players in out of position.

If we play the same back 4 today and win or keep a clean sheet will there be 12 pages of apologies on here?

I actually don't think we should play the same back 4 but look at the bigger picture, some of the criticism over this has been way over the top, especially on the back of an unbeaten run and a big improvement in the quality of football and a big increase in goals scored.

The thing with McGhee is there are too many people with old agendas simmering on the backburner. For god sake, let it go.

• Like 1

Regardless of management pride and favourites, I sat through the whole game at Tynecastle and watched Hammell look completely lost at RB and Chalmers totally out his depth at LB. This is not just a personal opinion - its a fact!

Unless there's an attitude issue, Watt, Laing or Kennedy must come into the reckoning today.

If McGhee was to play the same back four today is be tempted not to go! It would tantamount to throwing the game!!

I'm quite confident that back four being consistently deployed would see us in the play offs for another year.

The changes were forced on him last week today it will be back to Hammell, McManus, Hall and Law at the back. The only decision he has to make is who to put in midfield alongside Johnson, Lasley and Pearson to replace Grimshaw.

Surprised by the team but not displeased. Would have preferred Watt at right back only as I haven't seen Kennedy play there before.

Does expose the lie that he had no other options last week...

I didn't agree with last week's selection, but Hearts at Tynie and missing both Las and Grimshaw is a different proposition. He still overthought it though.

Today's lineup is what most of us would have picked, so let's see if we know what we're talking about.