Motherwell V Partick Thistle Sat 27 Feb 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Good win. Needed the pen to get going. At 3-0 I thought we were coasting to a 4 or 5 nil. We sat way too deep when they scored. Cadden and McDonald were finished by 75. Why not get Ainsworth and Faddy on and use the ball up the other end for the closing stages. Instead we resorted to sitting deep and sending a ball to no-one?

McGhee is right arrogant with that I reckon. He seems to think that using subs is an indication that he got something wrong. Just get them on!

What's the point in boys training all week, warming up all game if there is no chance of them getting on when we look done?

And even if he didn't want to upset the way we were playing (even though it was pure lush for the last 15) send on some subs just to waste time!

That annoyed me yesterday. Can you tell!?

• Like 1

Good win. Needed the pen to get going. At 3-0 I thought we were coasting to a 4 or 5 nil. We sat way too deep when they scored. Cadden and McDonald were finished by 75. Why not get Ainsworth and Faddy on and use the ball up the other end for the closing stages. Instead we resorted to sitting deep and sending a ball to no-one?

McGhee is right arrogant with that I reckon. He seems to think that using subs is an indication that he got something wrong. Just get them on!

What's the point in boys training all week, warming up all game if there is no chance of them getting on when we look done?

And even if he didn't want to upset the way we were playing (even though it was pure lush for the last 15) send on some subs just to waste time!

That annoyed me yesterday. Can you tell!?

I don't see the issue, we seen the game out comfortably and maybe he felt the two you mentioned needed the full 90ninutes to maintain game sharpness levels. Plus the two potential replacements you refer to are not known for their defensive capabilities.

i might get shot down here but i thought johnson was garbage today, the goal aside he done nothing to merit a place in thd team.

He looked like a lad completely bereft of confidence throughout the game up until his goal. After that he seemed to perk up a little.

Whether that will last is anyone's guess, but hopefully that goal will spur him on a bit.

re: subs, it's been quite a consistent issue with us this season where we've made changes and it's had a negative impact on the team, their shape and the result. especially when the game has been in the balance (Accies, Thistle at Firhill etc) even going back to the United game under Baraclough where we were 0-0 on 80' until he stuck Clarkson on in the centre of the park and we fell to bits.

The last time we played Thistle when we subbed Ainsworth on he got caught out (though wasn't the only one at fault etc) at 0-0 and ended up crying at a press conference.

So yesterday we were 3-1 up, McGhee chose not to make any subs and risk disrupting things (not to mention adding on time). We won 3-1. Folk really need to sit down and wind their necks in.

• Like 4

I thought there were one or two nods to the safety first element McGhee referred to in his presser during the week, the lack of change among them.

I could have seen him doing one possibly two like-for-like changes in the last 10 minutes to break things up a bit but the minute they scored that went out the window. There have obviously been the Robinson and Ainsworth changes in the last few minutes where we've went on and lost goals but there have been a couple of other occasions where the change has only served to hand the initiative to the opposition and I think he wanted to avoid that yesterday. As it was their goal from nowhere did that of its own accord.

It was also noticeable, painfully so at times, that there no chances being taken in the first half especially with the ball being thrown out to the defenders to build from deep. It was very clear at times that everyone was pushing right up and the only tactic for distribution was Ripley kicking it as far up the park as he could.

• Like 1

Neither do dewell or milo after we win

Ha ha! I posted yesterday, do try to keep up!

Nothing more to add than what others have posted. Hope everyone enjoyed their Saturday nights.

Our first win in the league on a Saturday since Parkhead 2 months ago!!

• Like 1

McDonald and Cadden were done yesterday but their attributes and continued work ethic was irreplaceable.

I loved seeing a knackered Skippy pulling the ball out the air with his chest and then buying us time. For whatever reason he isn't everyone's cup of tea but in my opinion his quality as a centre forward is the best we've had since Tommy Coyne.

• Like 3

Strictly speaking the penalty should have been re taken as there number 8 was nearly in line with the penalty spot when the ball was stuck. But il take it. McDonald's pass at the second was exsqusite and the look on the camera mans face when he thought Moult was going to land on him as he celebrated was priceless. A good 3 points. Well done.

Strictly speaking the penalty should have been re taken as there number 8 was nearly in line with the penalty spot when the ball was stuck. But il take it. McDonald's pass at the second was exsqusite and the look on the camera mans face when he thought Moult was going to land on him as he celebrated was priceless. A good 3 points. Well done.

It would only have been a re-take had we missed.

Whether or not the ref would have called it is a different matter of course. However there's no issue with the application of the rule or outcome in this instance.

CTjXSfHWcAAxIda.jpg

I was supposed to be at this one but had to cancel due to a family illness. Hopefully I'll be over for the Accies game.

I know you can't make judgements based on YouTube, but we actually looked much better on the highlights than I was expecting after some of the earlier comments, even in the first half. Our second goal in particular was a thing of beauty.

I was supposed to be at this one but had to cancel due to a family illness. Hopefully I'll be over for the Accies game.

I know you can't make judgements based on YouTube, but we actually looked much better on the highlights than I was expecting after some of the earlier comments, even in the first half. Our second goal in particular was a thing of beauty.

Dont let it fool you, first 30mins, we were brutal to watch.

Refreshing to see McGhee get slated for not using subs this week when, week after week, he gets slated for the subs he does make. This might be the most bi-polar forum on the whole internet.

It ruins some of their Saturday nights when we win.