Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

1 hour ago, Robbos boy said:

Go for it Grizzly, fun I can take, negativity on his scale not. 

go on      feed the ( GRIZZLY )  bair         as per stephnen craigan 5/8/23 at approx 3,42pm 🤣

come on lads lighten up a bit    we can all at times be negative moaning barstewards but were only 1 game in 

at least wait until the split before getting barred off here :thankyou:

• Like 2

On 8/7/2023 at 5:07 PM, steelboy said:

Just an eye test on Devante Cole shows you he is a different level to the three we have signed. Clearly he has a far better touch and athleticism.

Bringing in three strikers who have no pace and can't head the ball either is mental. Whoever watched Wilkinson for us should be binned as it's like he's moving in slow motion when he's involved and his legs don't seem to work very well when he's running.

If the Danish boy turns out to be decent he could possibly strike up a decent partnership with Obika or Bair plodding around supporting him but it seems unlikely that will give us enough goals. 

I'm not convinced by what you say about Wilkinson.

Sure he looks as fast as me at 42 after a big night but his touch and football to me look pretty decent.

He may in turn be clever enough to get some goals or even more link play for goals like a 10 for a number 9.

32 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Can’t have been a very “lucrative” deal if Dundee can tempt him back. 

The offer could be incredibly lucrative, but it would mean actually living in Greece or India. 

Of course, the "lucrative" offer from Dundee would mean living in Dundee. Rock and a hard place springs to mind.

It's funny how football goes sometimes, I remember earlier in the year Goss said in an interview he was desperate to stay, this was obviously when we weren't enjoying a fruitful run of form, and at a time not many would have shed a tear if he departed. Fast forward months later you can't help but feel he has run into the same issue as Casey in that he didn't have as many potential suitors at a level he had hoped for. Good luck with whatever transpires for him, loved his assist for Max's goal against St Mirren, and his free-kick against Hibs was great too.

6 minutes ago, MJC said:

Mandron scores for St.Mirren. They are in top form unfortunately and next week is going to be a sore one.

You'll be glad we got rid of him then because he's nowhere near SPL standard aand won't score goals at this level, at least, according to you.

Just now, AllyMax said:

You'll be glad we got rid of him then because he's nowhere near SPL standard aand won't score goals at this level, at least, according to you.

And I stand by that, he offered next to nothing for us. But never mind me.

St.Mirren look strong and are playing well. That is why this is a horrible draw for us in the Cup as we have next to no chance of winning it. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Luton have been shocking. Hopefully wee Al gets his chance and takes it because he can't be any worse than some of the duds on display today.

Their number 14 is absolutely mince.

They've made 5 subs and not one of them was Campbell. I hope he gets his chance soon because Luton have been pretty useless today. 

56 minutes ago, MJC said:

St.Mirren look strong and are playing well. That is why this is a horrible draw for us in the Cup as we have next to no chance of winning it. 

If we'd gone 2 up against Dundee at Fir Park and were hanging on for a 2 - 1,  you'd be on here posting how poor we were and how pathetic it was to be hanging on for a win against the newly promoted team.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, David said:

It's not Celtic or Rangers we're playing! 😂

I know, but I just don’t have any faith in us to go there and get a positive result.

2 minutes ago, weeyin said:

If we'd gone 2 up against Dundee at Fir Park and were hanging on for a 2 - 1,  you'd be on here posting how poor we were and how pathetic it was to be hanging on for a win against the newly promoted team.

You’re probably right.

If Mandron scores more than 15 goals this season, I'm sure there will be those on this forum who will claim they said we should have kept him rather than Obika. Frankly I wasn't hugely keen on us signing either but I do remember thinking Obika would be the better of the two if we could keep him fit. I remember having this conversation with someone and saying it was a huge 'if'. Right now, sadly that 'if' looks to have been too big. Maybe it's a blip and Obika will be available for 95% of games this season, time will tell...