Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

31 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

With reference to my post earlier regarding our left backs....poor Joe was in the latter category 

Along with Zaine Francis-Angol, Anthony Straker and Aaron Taylor-Sinclair.

2 hours ago, mio said:

He must interview really well, I’d love to get some tips from him.

quite incredible that he continues to get managerial posts, him and that sidekick of his  must be worth a fortune with all their pay offs. 

Failed managers at every level always get another gig eventually previous records etc count for nothing. Thats the way they operate big signing fee, guaranteed income whether they are successful or not, its good work if you can get it.

• Like 2

Hi folks,  isn't a former strip thread so wasn't sure where to post this.

Anyone see any of Rangers v Sparta Prague last night?   Sparta wearing almost carbon copy of season 1981-82 strip.  Ahhh brings back memories of going onto pitch as a 10yr old celebrating promotion after a 0-0 draw with Clydebank.....was also on sportscene that night

33 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Turnbull on bench again, this time the Norwegian in team in place of him.  Not great for us as he is out of contract in summer and if he had any sense would tell sellik where to shove new contract

Problem for us is our chance of sell on fee goes also 

It'll certainly be interesting to see what he does. Come the summer I think he will turn 25, by all accounts I'm sure it was mentioned when he moved to them that a massive appeal was that got a big move and still managed to stay closer to home and would likely feature instantly opposed to what Norwich were offering. Has he ever been a regular in the Sellick team as he always seems to be a name on the bench whenever I watch one of there games. I have my doubts we will ever see any further dosh. 

1 minute ago, Kmcalpin said:

I can't see Celtic letting him him go for nothing. Not their style.

He’ll be punted in January and we’ll get a cash boost. No doubt about it.

he needs to leave that poison, he’s too good a player and completely unappreciated by the idiot element in their support. I’d love to see him doing a Lewis Ferguson and heading abroad. He’s  10 times the player of Ferguson too.

On 11/6/2023 at 7:41 PM, grizzlyg said:

Alexander managed to find yet another job.   Now Bradford manager!! 

Managers jobs are like a revolving door of failure. That's why you get roasters on here advocating bringing in McCall or the likes to take over at Fir Park, usually coupled with phrases like 'he knows the game inside out' and 'his teams are always difficult to beat'.