Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Hamilton Sat 17 Sep 15:00

Yabba's Turd

I remember years ago, Stevie Kirk was investigated by the Police for a similar incident against Hearts when he booted the ball into the crowd with some force but that was entirely accidental and rightly, no further action was taken.

Kirk was a Falkirk player by then and further action was indeed taken. This from the Guardian's Knowledge column...Falkirk striker Steve Kirk kicked the ball into a group of Hearts supporters during an SPL game at Tynecastle and, in doing so, struck a 12-year-old girl on the head. Kirk was charged with recklessly kicking the ball without regard for spectators' safety and fined £250, despite his protestations that he had only put the ball out of play to allow an injured team-mate to receive medical treatment.

Kirk was a Falkirk player by then and further action was indeed taken. This from the Guardian's Knowledge column...Falkirk striker Steve Kirk kicked the ball into a group of Hearts supporters during an SPL game at Tynecastle and, in doing so, struck a 12-year-old girl on the head. Kirk was charged with recklessly kicking the ball without regard for spectators' safety and fined £250, despite his protestations that he had only put the ball out of play to allow an injured team-mate to receive medical treatment.

I remember it well - Kirk embarrassed the club that night.

I've never spoken to a Well fan that believed his story.

I think the point he's making is that he did the very same thing for Motherwell and Falkirk - it surely can't be an accident twice

Yes - there's plenty of idiots on this forum.

Guys that actually believe that football is all about calling someone's Dad a paedo, for example.

Most embarrassing time in my MFC supporting life was when the club made national news for racist ( monkey ) chants.

Yes - there's plenty of idiots on this forum.

Guys that actually believe that football is all about calling someone's Dad a paedo, for example.

Most embarrassing time in my MFC supporting life was when the club made national news for racist ( monkey ) chants.

Is his Dad a peado?

My opinion is that Dougie Imrie adds a lot of entertainment value to this fixture, he's welcome to blast the ball at me if he likes.

Football is pantomime and because the game has been 'cleaned up' by twatty johnny come lately band wagon types that jumped on in the late 90's, there aren't enough 'baddies' in the game. No wonder no one turns up these days, they have made football as dull as it can be.

Instead of decrying Imrie, I say an opposition player should do this every week. Gets the crowd going. Must be worth at least £3 worth of the admission.

As for the paedo songs, you sing stuff like that you got to be able to take a bit back, instead of going off on one like a self righteous fanny.

Is his Dad a peado?

I was going to ask that too ! How upset you get at songs about your da' being a peado probably depends on whether or not your da' is actually a peado.

My opinion is that Dougie Imrie adds a lot of entertainment value to this fixture, he's welcome to blast the ball at me if he likes.

Football is pantomime and because the game has been 'cleaned up' by twatty johnny come lately band wagon types that jumped on in the late 90's, there aren't enough 'baddies' in the game. No wonder no one turns up these days, they have made football as dull as it can be.

Instead of decrying Imrie, I say an opposition player should do this every week. Gets the crowd going. Must be worth at least £3 worth of the admission.

As for the paedo songs, you sing stuff like that you got to be able to take a bit back, instead of going off on one like a self righteous fanny.

For what it's worth I agree re imrie. My only criticism of him is he taken the cowards option by booting the ball into the area of the stand where a significant number of younger children sit rather where the majority of abuse was happening. He obviously shat out of the other option cause he would have got lynched if he did it down the other end

For what it's worth I agree re imrie. My only criticism of him is he taken the cowards option by booting the ball into the area of the stand where a significant number of younger children sit rather where the majority of abuse was happening. He obviously shat out of the other option cause he would have got lynched if he did it down the other end

To be fair it was a defensive clearance when we were on the break, so it wouldn't have made any sense for him to do it up the other end of the pitch.

My enduring memory of Imrie was him leaving the Main stand at Fir park with his wee neddy h*n pals from Lanark as Lionel scored the 2nd goal in the play off game.

He was trying to disguise himself by wearing a ridiculous oversized beanie hat but he clearly knew a number of us recognised him.we didn't even need to throw a comment in his direction,, our smugness owned him. Lovely memory!!

• Like 1

I dunno if say he was 5 or 6 seats away from one guy who gives pelters every game and can never take anything back from players. Would have been hilarious tbh.

Think I know who you are on about. That boy gives it to everyone and gets himself right wound up. There was a time recently when he was giving an opposition player it both barrels and the player turned round and started pointing at him and patting his belly. The guy just about exploded. ( it might have actually been Imrie now I think about it).

• Like 1

I agree up to a point, that football needs characters. However, although you are commendably philosophical about the Dougie Imries of the world blasting the ball at you the folk sitting next to, in front of, or behind you might not agree, especially if they have young children in tow. I doubt these players could ensure 100% accuracy! Maybe the club should set up a section where fans who don't mind being target practice for the Dougie Imries can sit away from others who do mind.

Just joking of course. No fan should be a physical target for wound up players. Fans aren't blameless however as you say.

• Like 1

Being scudded in the face with a footie might knock some sense into you...Imrie is an obnoxious arrogant wee prick on and off the field, so the only entertainment i would get from him would be somebody giving him a boot in the baws every few mins.

• Like 3

Imrie always has been and always will be a wee jerk, even when he played for ICT.

It's a pity we don't have someone in our team prepared to deal with him quite legally and make him think again. I have a time machine fantasy of him being up against Baldy Shaw in full Hannibal Lecter mode.

Imrie's blooter into the East Stand was as bad as Bomber Brown's, and just as petulant.

Ironically, I think it was Heneghan's strong tackle in the first half which hit a wee boy in the POD stand. The kid tried bravely not to cry but couldn't quite manage it. It was nothing like the strength of Imrie's clearance. If that had hit an OAP or child it could have done real damage.

It's a pity we don't have someone as creative as Ally Crawford in centre midfield and he is a real threat at free kicks. When did we have someone like that in recent years?

Being scudded in the face with a footie might knock some sense into you...Imrie is an obnoxious arrogant wee prick on and off the field, so the only entertainment i would get from him would be somebody giving him a boot in the baws every few mins.

Well I was a goalkeeper and I've been hit in the face plenty times, including one notable time when a striker launched a thunderbolt past me, I turned expecting to retrieve the ball from the net just in time for it to hit the bar, come straight back out at a rate of knots, hit me square on the nose and put me flat on my back.

So it clearly doesn't work, if that's your opinion.