January Transfer Window

Kmcalpin

McHugh continuing to be an absolute baller?

Cadden still being an athletic, massively talented dreamboat?

Pearson storming about at 100mph to score half a dozen before the end of the season?

Lucas remaining fit/available for more than 3 games at a time?

If we answer yes to those we are going to be absolutely fine.

• Like 1

McHugh continuing to be an absolute baller?

Cadden still being an athletic, massively talented dreamboat?

Pearson storming about at 100mph to score half a dozen before the end of the season?

Lucas remaining fit/available for more than 3 games at a time?

If we answer yes to those we are going to be absolutely fine.

Pretty much agree with that although Frear is still very much an unknown quantity and may well feature as time goes on. .

Pleased Pearo is back. That said, he would have been here if we hadn't agreed to him going away for 6 months in the middle of his contract. So, it's kind of like he has returned from injury.

However, 100k in the pocket and not paying his wages for 6 months will have helped and we are arguably not in a much worse off position than we would have been.

He'll be a good asset for the rest of the season.

Pleased Pearo is back. That said, he would have been here if we hadn't agreed to him going away for 6 months in the middle of his contract. So, it's kind of like he has returned from injury.

However, 100k in the pocket and not paying his wages for 6 months will have helped and we are arguably not in a much worse off position than we would have been.

He'll be a good asset for the rest of the season.

Seconded. Apart from anything else he's able to play on the left which has been a weak area for us so far this season.

Pearson is one of the most accomplished midfielders in the league so I'm delighted to have him back. It's just a shame we couldn't have had him back a bit earlier to increase our chances in the Cup but appreciate he had other offers to consider.

Eh, maybe 6 or 7 years ago and even then......Not quite sharing the love in for Pearo to be honest. Past his best and disappears in games frequently. Anyone who was at Swinecastle last season can pay testiment to that. Have always (and still do) think Pearo plays when he feels like it. Interesting to see most on here now preferring a first choice midfield without Las. I know he's aging but I still think we are better with than without him in the team and for me it would Cadden, Lasley, McHugh plus either Pearson or Lucas (maybe both on Saturday).

Imagine your job was like being at Motherwell...

Your company offer you a job, you take it, then piss off to work abroad for 6 months, come back, they offer you your job back, you take a month to wait for a better offer, then accept.

Or go for a job interview on work time and take a week off to think about whether you're going to take the job with another company or not.

Starting to wonder if players end up back at Motherwell because they have a connection with the club, or just because no one else wants them?

• Like 1

I like Pearo and I'm glad he's back as he offers something our current midfielders don't have and on his day is a fantastic player and also knows where the goal is.

Whether it's as cynical or premeditated that he "only plays when he wants to" I don't know but there's definitely some truth in the accusation that he goes missing in some games but then which of our players doesn't?

For the record, Lasley definitely still has plenty to offer, but like Hammell not for 90 minutes 2/3 games in 7 days.

Imagine your job was like being at Motherwell...

Your company offer you a job, you take it, then piss off to work abroad for 6 months, come back, they offer you your job back, you take a month to wait for a better offer, then accept.

Or go for a job interview on work time and take a week off to think about whether you're going to take the job with another company or not.

Starting to wonder if players end up back at Motherwell because they have a connection with the club, or just because no one else wants them?

A proper ray of sunshine you, eh?

A proper ray of sunshine you, eh?

I'm spending too much time reading this site.

:lol:

Should've added some emojis, but this with Pearson reminded me of the; what was becoming an annual, will he, won't he saga with faddy.

Think Pearson offers something we don't have in midfield, so glad to have him back.

+1 on the delighted to have Pearson back bus.

Genuinely amazed to read people questioning it tbqh. Of those midfielders who regularly start Cadden has 1 goal in the league this season, Clay 1, Lasley 0, McHugh 0, Lucas 0. Pearson finished last season with 9 goals. The idea that anyone looks at our team this season and thinks we haven't missed Pearson is absolutely wild.

It's been clear the team has lacked balance, we've been shoving right sided players (Ainsworth, Clay, Cadden, MacLean, McMillan) out on the left of midfield in the hope they could do a job and get by. That imbalance had been compounded by McHugh's injury. In Pearson, Frear and Jules we've gone out and recruited naturally left sided players.

We've brought in Frear but going by his cameo against Rangers he could take a while to adjust to the step up. With Pearson we know exactly what we're getting. A player who was the club's 3rd top scorer last season, can add a bit of dig in the midfield as well as a bit of presence. He can also carry the ball box to box, granted perhaps not as effectively as he used to but so far this season our only real out ball has been Cadden, with any luck Pearson coming back in will give us another option in that respect.

As I said, delighted to have him back.

• Like 5

A natural left sided midfielder with a proven track record of scoring goals at this level? Sold! If he hadn't played for the club previously everyone would be delighted with this signing. I really don't get the issue some have with returning players if they do the business.