The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Tuton scored a fantastic goal in Stirling and his touch was excellent against Livingstone but he didn't get much of an opportunity. On what I've seen he looked like a talented player and more tidy than fisher - who will hopefully get better as he settles in. However the complete lack of mention after any of the games from Robinson and this repeated chat of a pacy striker suggests that Tuton has gone. I would be excited if he was still in the frame though.

Tuton scored a fantastic goal in Stirling and his touch was excellent against Livingstone but he didn't get much of an opportunity. On what I've seen he looked like a talented player and more tidy than fisher - who will hopefully get better as he settles in. However the complete lack of mention after any of the games from Robinson and this repeated chat of a pacy striker suggests that Tuton has gone. I would be excited if he was still in the frame though.

Sounds like someone else we just let go playing against lower league opposition...

Tbh, looking at his record with Barnsley I'd imagine they'd be willing to just let him go if he can find a club. They signed him in February last year on a 2 year deal with a year option but he's only played 7 games and been loaned out twice. When he signed they were in League 1 and 12th in the league but ended up promoted to the Championship via the play-offs. In the run of fixtures after he signed they only lost 3 in 18 games so it may well be he wasn't able to make much of a mark on their first team in that time with that sort of form and they didn't fancy him for the Championship, which is a league they possibly didn't expect to be in when they signed him.

He's got the same agents as Heneghan, Tait and Clay so I wonder if they've said he's probably looking for a club, do we want to have a look at him.

I only saw his 45 mins at Stirling so can't comment on the Livi game but I thought he was fine. Scored a cracking goal but didn't really feel he did much else of note though given the state of the side he was in it was probably difficult to judge him properly; 2 returning from long term lay-offs, 2 trialists, 3 new signings and Campbell and MacLean (having been out a while injured last season as well) it wasn't exactly a cohesive side and the service he got was pretty rotten in general.

Edit: curiously he no longer features on Barnsley's first team players list though as far as I can see there's no indication that he's actually been released either.

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/teams/first-team/

It's all academic anyway I suppose.

• Like 1

Aberdeen progressing in Europe despite starting with Stockley upfront. If they are anywhere close to meeting Motherwell's valuation for Moult, surely a fresh bid can't be far away with the next round in mind.

With a supply chain of Christie, Stewart and GMS, he'd score a ridiculous amount for them.,

• Like 1

Sounds like someone else we just let go playing against lower league opposition...

Next pre-season only have us up against Barca and Roma so we can see how our trialists perform against quality opposition then.

We've also seasoned pro's loose to fish factory workers, postmen and accountants.

By all accounts he performed well and was memorable for the right reasons rather than the wrong ones.

I still can't get the video to work. Looks like it could be Shaq.

If you try it on a non-mobile device you might have a bit of joy. It works on my MacBook Pro but didn't on my iPad, I'd imagine it's an issue on YouTube's side more than anything.

I thought it might be Coulthirst myself then had a look at some photos and I'm really not sure. There are a couple, in particular one on his Instagram https://www.instagram.com/p/BU97PUwlQqG/?taken-by=shaqcoulthirst where it looks like it could be (if he's done something with his hair), others where it looks nothing like him. That said the screenshots obviously aren't the clearest.

shaq-coulthirst-v-blackpool-3.jpg?w=478

From the new presser, Robinson said Clay leaving 'balances the books' when asked if it freed up a wage for a new signing. Still he mentioned that we've 'got some defenders on our radar as well as wanting to add up top'. Didn't sound very conclusive though. Don't want to labour the point but I think it would be madness starting the season without bringing in an experienced defender. No explanation is really needed after last seasons antics. IMO, Kipre looks decent but is unproven, Dunne has had a poor injury record. We need someone who has done it at a decent level but is not on the decline like McManus.

Someone who's done it at a decent level probably has better offers than us.I'd be happy enough with what we have at the back now, i reckon kipre could turn out to be our best signing and if McManus is fit he's still a decent mid table cb.If we can only make one more signing it has to be a forward, if Moult goals whatever combination of forwards we currently have won't score as many as our front 2 last season so we need a decent forward even if its on loan.

if Moult goals whatever combination of forwards we currently have won't score as many as our front 2 last season so we need a decent forward even if its on loan.

Maybe maybe not. Scoring goals is not just about a striker putting the ball in the net he has to have decent service. For long spells last campaign Moult's service from midfield was shockingly poor. I'm hopeful, this season that irrespective of the strikers playing they'll receive more and indeed better quality service.

Would people be willing to go with the squad we've got just now and wait for a loan signing or two from a top English club. say, in late August / September?

No. I seriously hope that there is still business o be done, both in and out.

What Robinson said dosnt make sense, we offered Dembele a contract yet he said Clay balanced the books I think we will fed sign 2 more

Two things you should never believe:

1) A manager talking about transfers

2) See 1)

• Like 1

Other than Blyth, who else could we mover our of our thin squad..?

Was thinking the same myself. Also after Robinsons interview.

McManus maybe is one. A few of the younger players out on loan? Campbell/MacLean et al.

Bowman? Could be another he wants out. With Louis, Fisher, Tanner and the pacy striker he wants. The squad certainly isn't that strong in depth.

• Andy_P locked this topic