The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Mannus is an inevitable rumour but I hope we steer clear as I've never been particularly convinced by him.

Regarding some of the Scottish Championship players mentioned above, I expect Aberdeen and Hibs to be vying for the signature of Mallan and Morgan. Quitongo might be an outside shout if we have scope for a transfer fee. Luke Leahy is a player I've liked for some time. Hopefully we are in the running for him.

Assuming we stay in the premier league, it will be interesting to see our transfer policy in the summer. At a time when we are likely to lose our 'identity' with a few club legends potentially moving on, I'd like to see us dabble in the Scottish market once again. I've had enough of dross like Clay and Blyth telling us they can't wait to play for such a big club.

Unfortunately, I think Quitongo will be out of our range. Doncaster had a £100k bid rejected for him at the start of the season with Morton saying it wasn't in line with their valuation.

I agree with the shouts for Luke Leahy. Looks a decent player.

Jai Quitongo has completely disappeared in the second half of the season. I assume he has a serious injury.

I've always liked Peter Grant when I've seen him but he's probably out of our financial grasp.

A player I think we'd have a realistic chance of getting and I think would be a decent bet would be Andy Murdoch. He's out of contract in the summer.

Jai Quitongo has completely disappeared in the second half of the season. I assume he has a serious injury.

I've always liked Peter Grant when I've seen him but he's probably out of our financial grasp.

A player I think we'd have a realistic chance of getting and I think would be a decent bet would be Andy Murdoch. He's out of contract in the summer.

To me, Andy Murdoch is a pointless signing if you have Campbell and McHugh...

To me, Andy Murdoch is a pointless signing if you have Campbell and McHugh...

Not really. Campbell deserves a chance to make an impression but he is 18 and has 2 first team appearances, he's bound to hit a period of poor form or inconsistency like most young players do. Murdoch on the other hand is 22 years old and has over 50 pro level first team appearances.

Also, you can't go into a season without options which is what we've done this season. Look at McHugh - out for half the season, playing in defence for a good part of the rest of it.

Also, you can't go into a season without options which is what we've done this season.

Look at McHugh - out for half the season, playing in defence for a good part of the rest of it.

Did we go into this season without options? I thought we had a pretty large squad , with duplication in every position ....

Did we go into this season without options? I thought we had a pretty large squad , with duplication in every position ....

Pretty much. We just had some bad luck with injuries across the first team squad and the U20s.

Well let me rephrase it - good options that can actually come in and do a job. No point having dire players who add nothing sitting on the bench.

• Like 1

The squad has been inflated since Les started loaning us money. Much of our success has stemmed from small squads and we need to go back to focusing on quality.

I can think of at least 13 players recruited in last 3 years that have been either unnecessary or not good enough.

• Like 2

If we sign Mannus we need to make sure he's not another Dean Brill.

Mannus was fat and useless in his first couple of seasons up here then slimmed down and got into the N.I squad. Unless he is in the same sort of condition as when St Johnstone won the cup he is no use to us.

• Andy_P locked this topic