The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

We need to bring in a few players and despite whats been said I suspect we'll be trying to offload a player or two. The back up goalkeeper position needs sorting out one way or the other as I can't see Trevor Carson playing every game from now until the end of the season. Although management know best, I suspect we'll need a back up left back as Ellis Plummer is clearly out of the reckoning and it would be unfair to heap too much pressure on the very promising but youthful Adam Livingston. We all know we're we're looking for a new central defender. An attacking central midfielder with apce would be nice but I can't see it being a priority this month. Another striker is a must. So I'd say we're looking at maybe 3 more players, more if a better player moves on for cash.

I'm kinda surprised the Hartley deal hasn't been done as yet so wondering if there's gonna be a bombshell dropped there somehow.

A bit surprised at this too. Is there something else to it or is the deal watertight and were looking to put a package in place for the summer?

Along with the fact that Main is our only signing so far. Robbo was going on about how good it was to get Moults deal done early,and how weve spent a lot of time sprting his replacement. If its Main and him only then its thoroughly underwhelming. If theres another,surely we need them in the door asap so we can make sure they are match fit asap!

Considering were dropping through the league like a stone and couldnt score with a blank cheque, can we afford to be waiting till the last minute? Or signing a potential gem who may take 4-6 weeks to get fit enough to make an appearance?

I'm kinda surprised the Hartley deal hasn't been done as yet so wondering if there's gonna be a bombshell dropped there somehow.

There has been suggestions of players not settling due to family and/or player demands increasing since cup final.

Maybe Hartley falls into one of these categories? Hopefully not and we are just waiting for him to sort things out with Blackpool.

I'd really really like Hartley permanently but I've always been working on the assumption it won't happen even though we've confirmed we've been talking to him

On one hand, it just seems odd to move to Blackpool at age 29, then get loaned out without playing a game, to then just leave again. Probably on better wages at Blackpool I'd think and this is going to be his last 'big' contract perhaps. On the other hand he does seem to just want to play regular football and jumped at the chance of a year long anyway.

I'm not normally one to rush things in the transfer window usually preferring to prioritise quality over speed of signing but we need to get new signings in and up and running before the Accies and Ross County games. Still time yet but the clock is ticking.

• Like 1

I'm not normally one to rush things in the transfer window usually preferring to prioritise quality over speed of signing but we need to get new signings in and up and running before the Accies and Ross County games. Still time yet but the clock is ticking.

100%

Maybe we have had people lined up and now that Moult has gone the player/ club in question are trying to get some of the cash we received. There is still lots of time to sign although I agree the sooner we get players in the better

Agreed.

Reading this thread, youd think we were only a day or so away from the window closing. As frustrating as it may be, there is plenty time and plenty yet to happen.

• Andy_P locked this topic