The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

If we don't sign an attacking midfielder in the next few days, guess we'll know it was Scougall and we got gazumped..

In fairness in this circumstance I'd have said if anyone was doing the gazumping for Scougall it'd be us. He's been linked with St Johnstone for the past month or more.

With the signings as they are, what is the thoughts on the team shape that Robinson is looking to build?

Signings seem decent to me so far.

My feeling is that he is looking to make us quite hard to beat and hit on the break - I just hope we don't become a one trick pony.

I'm guessing we are looking at a team of:

------------Carson-------------

Tait-------Heneghan-----CB--------LB

----------Mchugh----Bigirimana-------

Cadden------ATM-------Tanner

-------------Moult---------

Subs:

Griffiths (TBC)

McManus

Hammell

McMillan

Gordon

Campbell

Frear

Lasley

Fisher

ST

I would imagine that we will move on: Blythe, Bowman, Clay and Thomas and bring in another 4 players (5 including Griffiths) on the above basis...

As much as I like him, Moult can't play as a lone striker and Cadden's not a winger. I'd have thought a straightforward 442 would suit tbh.

Carson

Tait Heneghan CB LB

Cadden Bigirimana McHugh Frear

#10 Moult

Subs: Fisher, Griffiths, McManus, Hammell, Tanner, Campbell, Gordon

I can see the likes of McMillan et al going out on loan and I'd say Blyth, Bowman and Clay would be the ones we'd be looking to move on.

With all due respect this is rubbish.

Is Lasley the player he was? No. He was still worth a starting place though over younger midfielders who can't eclipse a 38 year old Lasley, never mind Lasley in his prime? Yes.

By the way after the winter break Lasley started 50% of the matches (9 from 18) but managed to feature in 80% of our victories (4 out of 5). What does that tell you? In case you can't extrapolate it, I'll tell you - we were much better with him in the team than without.

It means fuck all to be honest. Our best midfielder had to play centre half and our other options were Campbell,Lucas,Pearson & Clay, 2 of which are made of chocolate and barely played and Clay is barely a highland league level player. So Lasley was the (second) best of a very very bad bunch.

We are literally begging for money from Well Society members and give what looks like a 2 year contract with 1 year option to a 36 year old who was finished when he signed it nevermind 2 years later. Now were paying a first team salary to a guy who will/should be nowhere near the team. No matter how you spin it,thats fucking mental!

Would think Scougall might end up at saints and carey will get much better offers so could our attacking midfielder possibly be Jordan Jones as he still hasn't signed new contract at Killie and Robinson knows him well from Irish squads .

Jones would be described as a winger. Hope we are in the hunt for him but the suggestion was he'd sign a new Killie deal once big Lee was confirmed.

We are literally begging for money from Well Society members and give what looks like a 2 year contract with 1 year option to a 36 year old who was finished when he signed it nevermind 2 years later. Now were paying a first team salary to a guy who will/should be nowhere near the team. No matter how you spin it,thats fucking mental!

It was a one year contract with a one year option.

We have no idea what kind of wage he is on now.

He looked dynamite at times last season! Would love Carey as well but sure he will have better offers. Certainly nice to see (if a bit weird and unnerving) MFC getting early and potentially quality signings thro the door

Carson

Tait Heneghan McManus/ New Hammell/New

Bigirimana McHugh

Cadden/Tanner Tanner/New Frear/Tanner

Moult

Weird how many people think that we will drop Frear for Tanner when Frear was potentially one of our best players at the end of the season and Cadden completely dropped off after Christmas

To be fair to Cadden, it's hard to judge the latter part of the season as he was being played out of position as a right back. Sort of nullified is threat going forwards. If we can get him playing in his correct position I believe we'll see the "old" Cadden back.

To be fair to Cadden, it's hard to judge the latter part of the season as he was being played out of position as a right back. Sort of nullified is threat going forwards. If we can get him playing in his correct position I believe we'll see the "old" Cadden back.

Tait got injured in February or march im sure and cadden was rotten from Christmas onwards but he I do believe he is a fantastic player but needs to be pushed and have competition or be an option in cm if they want to play McHugh back one

A like cadden but I'd like to add something to my above statement, people are saying he's been played out of position but so has Frear as he as playing the same as cadden on the opposite side and he's been different class since he's came in, hopefully it all shapes up nicely tho and a wee top six finish would be great

Tait got injured in February or march im sure and cadden was rotten from Christmas onwards but he I do believe he is a fantastic player but needs to be pushed and have competition or be an option in cm if they want to play McHugh back one

Cadden picked up an injury in the Celtic game and he seemed to play through it over the Christmas period. I'd suggest that would have gone a long way to explaining any dip in form.

Seen that earlier and did wonder about him being a possible target,seems like he has failed to live up to the hysteria around him joining the arabs from sevco tho

Could be the potential Attacking midfielder, him, Scougall or Stewart, if it is Telfer hopefully with some decent first team football he can excel as he did when on loan at Livingston, they were all raving about him

Hope midfielder mentioned by Robinson announced tomorrow as we could be here a while trying to work out who it is .Would then think defence would be priority after that.

In fairness to him he was clear in saying that the defence needs to be addressed in his interview earlier so you'd imagine it's on his agenda.

• Andy_P locked this topic