The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

A possible out for Bowman

http://www.devonlive.com/the-torquay-united-podcast-takes-a-gander-at-gosling-and-gowling/story-30376660-detail/story.html

There is a podcast on the above link and they mention Bowman being down in Torquay visiting family. They say on the podcast that he had a chat with the Torquay boss and it wouldn't be impossible for a move back there. However Bowman believes that Robinson has more faith in him than McGhee and wants to give Motherwell another season. .

The Torquay United Podcast takes a gander at Gosling and Gowling
By Guy_Henderson | Posted: June 07, 2017
0 COMMENTS 4 SHARES
PINNACLE
Gosling, Gowling and Olejnik
Gosling, Gowling and Olejnik
Comments (0)
The arrival of midfielder Jake Gosling is top of the agenda for the podcasters this week, getting together a day early because of summer complications and the fact that every news website in the country will be on election alert tomorrow.
David and Guy speculate on what former Exeter City star Gosling will bring to the Gulls midfield, and on who might join him in yellow for the new campaign. Former Grimsby defender Josh Gowling has been in town to talk about inking a deal for the new season, while Motherwell striker Ryan Bowman has also been soaking up the sun on the English Riviera recently.
READ MORE: More signings poised to follow Jake Gosling to Plainmoor
And what of Brendan Moore and Bobby Olejnik? United's American keeper is still thinking things over at the moment, as is skipper Courtney Richards, while ex-Gull Olejnik's release from Exeter opens up all sorts of possibilities for the keeper many think is one of the best ever to play at Plainmoor.

Pinched this from Pie and Bovril. Just one guys opinion of course....

"AFC Wimbledon and Queen of the South fan in peace here. Craig Tanner played 16 games on loan for Wimbleon before he was sent to Plymouth. His loan agreement stipulated that he had to start every game if he was fit and he was very disappointing. He's not a winger or striker but supposedly one of those mercurial players that drops deep/plays off a big striker/in the hole. i.e. versatile but not really great at anything.

He seems to have been a bit better at Plymouth judging by appearances/goal stats but never showed against AFCW when we played them in the 2015/6 playoff final at Wembley, the Dons beating the Pilgrims 2-0. Down South, League 2 is probably his level and I doubt that Plymouth were that desperate to keep him having been promoted to L1.

Good luck to him though, always tried his best despite obvious shortcomings. Be interested to see how he gets on in the SPL, assuming he gets games. He's still only 23, so with good coaching and a fair wind, he might well prove me wrong"

• Like 1

I'm OK about Lasley staying another year. He'll be a backup midfielder and do coaching duties. More worried about numpties like Bowman and Blyth getting rid of. Robinson is saying good things and I'm hopefull of a decent season coming up.

He went to Wimbledon 2.5 years ago. I'd null that opinion of him at take more recent opinions.

I always say though, ye can be great somewhere and shite the next team ye move to or vice versa.

Aye I thought it was a bit strange the guy makes no allowances for Tanner being a teenager at Wimbledon.

I'll get the guys at the lab to cross reference motherwell's twitter followers with England c internationals who are Australian and have played for both reading and Plymouth. Be right back.

• Like 4

Why right backs, Richard Tait is a good player, should be left backs we are looking for

He's ok but better going forward than defending. However, what if Robbo doesn't fancy Jack MacMillan or doesn't think he's ready yet? We do seem to be short in that area. Left back is more of a priority though.

• Andy_P locked this topic