The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Not how it works though.

Probably the best player we've had at this club in a long, long time was Darren Randolph and we didn't get a penny for him. For me, he was the best goalkeeper in the league the whole time he was here and yet Celtic managed to sell his contemporary Fraser Forster on for 10 million.

For every goal Lee Erwin scored Louis Moult has 6 yet I think we'll be doing well to get the same fee.

I know it's not how it works, I was just answering GazzyB's question about how much the club thinks he's worth. And I imagine it's around 750k+. What he's worth and what we get for him, as you say, may not be the same thing. But I'd rather keep him than sell him cheap.

I know it's not how it works, I was just answering GazzyB's question about how much the club thinks he's worth. And I imagine it's around 750k+. What he's worth and what we get for him, as you say, may not be the same thing. But I'd rather keep him than sell him cheap.

Indeed. How much is staying in the top division worth to us? Any fee for Moult has to be a bigger number than that.

I know it's only a friendly but sounds like we're creating chances but not taking them at Gateshead. Maybe underlines (if it was needed) the value of Moult, not simply in terms of cash but in terms of what he offers the team..?

EDIT Of course, as I type that we score two goals..

If we sell Moult then our attacking options go from poor to dreadful.

Given we don't seem to be in the market for any more creative players it seems unlikely the football will be any better than the dross already served up under Robinson last season.

• Like 1

If sell Moult then our attacking options go from poor to dreadful.

Given we don't seem to be in the market for any more creative players it seems unlikely the football will be any better than the dross already served up under Robinson last season.

If

Don't seem to be

It seems

...could all be very different come August. Plenty time yet for more signings and players to gel.

If we sell Moult then our attacking options go from poor to dreadful.

You don't think we'd bother replacing him?

Given the "at least five more" signings that Robinson and 'Flo mentioned, we seem to be a few off that mark. I still expect to see more new faces arrive by the time the window closes at the end of August.

Robinson alluding to some folk not quite being up to scratch (fitness wise at least) and gave bowman his dues for scoring 4 in 4. Also mentioned possibly another signing by Monday.

That's Dembele. He said in his interview yesterday he expected to hear from him one way or another on Monday.

• Like 1

£400k bid Moult knocked back according to the - https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/motherwell-warn-aberdeen-louis-moult-deal-will-take-big-fee/

----

EVENING EXPRESS

BY SEAN WALLACE, 10 JUL 2017 10:36

Aberdeen have been warned they will have to splash major cash if they are to land Motherwell striker Louis Moult.

The Dons have had bids of £400,000 and £250,000 rejected by the Steelmen for the attacker.

That is nowhere near Motherwells valuation of Moult who still has a year left on his contract.

It is understood Motherwell will look for at least half a million for a player who boss Stephen Robinson has already offered a new deal to.

Pittodrie boss Derek McInnes has turned his attention towards Moult, 25, as Preston striker Stevie May looks set to remain at Deepdale.

McInnes still remains hopeful of signing Scotland cap Shaun Maloney although the deal has stalled due to an injury problem flagged up by Maloney.

Motherwell boss Robinson warned the Dons: Aberdeens bid wasnt anywhere near our valuation.

Aberdeen secured former West Ham and Cardiff City striker Nicky Maynard, 30, on a one-year deal before the Uefa deadline to register players for the Europa League second qualifying leg.

That closed at 11pm on Friday and McInnes had been hopeful of adding another signing before that deadline.

However, one wild card signing can still be registered up to 24 hours before Thursdays first leg tie against NK Siroki Brijeg of Bosnia.

McInnes would not comment on Moult, but said: We can still make one signing after the deadline, up to 24 hours before the game, but from an understanding point of view we would like to get them with us as soon as possible

We want to make a couple of signings as it is important for the rest of the squad that we bring in players who they see as really helping us.

We have made a few enquiries and offers for several players over the last few weeks.

Some you get and some you dont.

It is never easy signing players.

I am looking to bring in a player who can play several positions as flexibility is important.

We are also looking at bringing in a wide player who is a ball carrier.

We lost Jonny Hayes and Niall McGinn, so I am looking for the type of player who can get us up the pitch quickly.

I also want to get another central defender in.

Aberdeen have also been linked with Icelandic defender Kari Arnason who played at Pittodrie for a season in 2011-12, he is currently with AC Omonia in Cyprus.

Arnason has admitted to the Evening Express that he would be keen on a return to Aberdeen.

The Dons have refused to rule out that possibility.

One deal that McInnes insists is still on is the bid to sign Maloney, the Reds No1 summer signing target.

Maloney agreed to join the Dons having rejected a one-year contract extension with Hull City, relegated to the Championship.

The deal has been put on ice as the club and Maloney further investigates an injury concern flagged up by the Aberdeen-raised attacker.

McInnes said: It says a lot about Shaun. He deserves a lot of credit as he had that little concern and was very honest about it.

We never gave him a medical, so he never failed one but we had a discussion with the medical team and there is still a willingness to do a deal.

We are hopeful that we can get Shaun with us but what is clear is that he is not going to be fit for the next few weeks or so.

Well dig a bit deeper to get more reassurances for us and for Shaun himself.

Shaun got a little operation towards the end of last season for a general problem.

A lot of players would just get in the door and hope everything goes alright but Shaun is not like that.

I am just keen to get him on the pitch for Aberdeen.

Unfortunately for us he is not going to be fit for the next few weeks so the priority for me has to be to get players who can help us now.

If they spend that much on one player i doubt they'd be able to afford anymore decent fees so it depends how much they want him.Wouldn't be surprised if they wait til the last few days of the window and come in with a 450k offer.

If they spend that much on one player i doubt they'd be able to afford anymore decent fees so it depends how much they want him.Wouldn't be surprised if they wait til the last few days of the window and come in with a 450k offer.

If he hasn't signed the extension on offer then I'd be pretty surprised if Moult's still at the club in the last few days of the window tbh.

I still wouldnt accept a million from anyone in Scotland. it would be the worst decision the club had made in years. Would sell outwith our country.Our business model should not be about strengthening teams in our own league

I still wouldnt accept a million from anyone in Scotland. it would be the worst decision the club had made in years. Would sell outwith our country.Our business model should not be about strengthening teams in our own league

If Aberdeen meet our valuation, he'll be off.

Obviously if Aberdeen and an English team both made an offer we'd rather not sell to Aberdeen, but realistically in the short term are Aberdeen even a rival? They'll be 20 points + ahead of us with or without Louis Moult.

Not many players have left Motherwell for a rival and found the grass greener, wouldn't be gutted for him if he went there and flopped.

:lol:

Flow confirmed on twitter a few of hours ago that we haven't had an answer from Louis yet in regards to the contract extension.

Maybe in the end he won't extend his deal but I doubt Steelboy or his source would know before the CEO of the club.

• Andy_P locked this topic