The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Nicky Maynard has just signed for Aberdeen, don't think there was a fee involved, so I don't know how that affects their pursuit of Moult. They may be a bit centre-forward heavy with Maynard, Rooney, Stockley and another one right enough.

Nicky Maynard has just signed for Aberdeen, don't think there was a fee involved, so I don't know how that affects their pursuit of Moult. They may be a bit centre-forward heavy with Maynard, Rooney, Stockley and another one right enough.

They've still got Storey as well.

Edit: Scott Mullen reporting that we have indeed knocked Aberdeen back. http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/15397214.EXCLUSIVE__Motherwell_reject_Aberdeen_bid_for_Louis_Moult/?ref=twtrec

Even if Aberdeen do match our valuation, which i don't think they will, I'd think Moult will have his eyes set on a bigger move than to Aberdeen.

That's not with claret and amber specs on. I reckon he is a bit more ambitious than that and will have plenty of suitors down south come the end of the window, or indeed end of the season.

Blyth out for up to 6 months with a foot operation.

Despite Robinson's words on the official site, you have to suspect that he was one of the players that he was hoping to move on and therefore this affects the possibility of another striker coming in.

Other than Clay, can't see many other first team wages we could free up with players being deemed surplus to requirements. Not sure how much money would be freed up by loaning out a couple of younger players...

I don't think it's quite as direct as that. Insurance did pay for Saunders' injury, as he got it whilst on international duty and that allowed us to sign Clancy at the time, despite having maxed out our budget.

I think we can put the 'Moult to Aberdeen' chat to bed...an even more ludicrous offer than the one the Hearts tinks put in for Cadden.

Aberdeen will not be able to afford Moult, its as simple as that.

This. Plus I'm sure when Moult leaves it will be for an English club.

Robinson has said we have made Moult an offer to make him highest paid player at the club. Hopefully he doesn't accept otherwise we will be looking at an unhappy dressing room according to some on here..

In all seriousness well done to the club for doing what we can

• Like 1

Robinson has said we have made Moult an offer to make him highest paid player at the club. Hopefully he doesn't accept otherwise we will be looking at an unhappy dressing room according to some on here..

In all seriousness well done to the club for doing what we can

Behave. Sounds like you haven't understood the point made previously.

As for your 'in all seriousness' comment, there's those of us suspect it could be too little too late...

• Like 1

Hopefully its just bollocks and because its the sun it could well be but in there paper today they have aberdeen edging closer to signing moult,thats after we rejected a second bid of 400k

Personally, I hope talk of a £400k bid from Aberdeen is genuine as it will spark interested English teams into action.

Barring a long injury layoff, he will be sold this summer. The sooner we get an acceptable offer, the better.

He'll go down as an all-time favourite but while we have debt to pay off, we need to cash in our assets when the time is right.

• Like 1

Depends on who's offering, but if it's a Championship club I'd start at 1 million and maybe drop to 750 with the appropriate add-ons.

Marvin was about 650 plus addons apparently, and I think Moult is worth more than that.

EDIT: Of course if Accies make a bid it must be worth at least a million to them to never have to play against him again.

Marvin was about 650 plus addons apparently, and I think Moult is worth more than that.

Not how it works though.

Probably the best player we've had at this club in a long, long time was Darren Randolph and we didn't get a penny for him. For me, he was the best goalkeeper in the league the whole time he was here and yet Celtic managed to sell his contemporary Fraser Forster on for 10 million.

For every goal Lee Erwin scored Louis Moult has 6 yet I think we'll be doing well to get the same fee.

They got £1.5m for Hayes and they're new investor just put in a 'seven figure sum' apparently, so I imagine in Scottish terms they've got a fair bit to spend. You'd think their board would have promised McInnes funds for him to knockback Sunderland.

Regardless, I don't think Moult will go there. He'll go down to a big League One or lower Chanpionship club...next summer after he signs a new deal

• Like 1

• Andy_P locked this topic