2022/23 ins & outs discussion

David

5 hours ago, smiddy said:

while we are at it             hows the transfer rumour mill coming along ?   has ronaldo signed for abu dabu or are we still favourites ?  rashfords not happy at man u,      or are we getting  the strilker from cumbernauld colts ?????

come on lads somebody mustv heard something. last day off before back to work so am sure we will hear something today    ya beezer, david, OTF, wellfan,      jesus christ even steelboy / yodo   anybody we need GOOD players not just numbers    come on mr burrows you know you need to

Ronaldo going to Newcastle Utd on loan from his Abu Dabu club 

I have heard the Cumbernauld Striker has rejected the contract offer, as he can get Barr's bottles anytime he wants, without having to work for them. He was happy with the bag of peanuts for each goal he scored but couldn't believe we didn't pay in empty Pepsi bottles.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Well-Made said:

I have heard the Cumbernauld Striker has rejected the contract offer, as he can get Barr's bottles anytime he wants, without having to work for them. He was happy with the bag of peanuts for each goal he scored but couldn't believe we didn't pay in empty Pepsi bottles.

so a take it heez also oot 

23 hours ago, smiddy said:

come on lads somebody mustv heard something. last day off before back to work so am sure we will hear something today    ya beezer, david, OTF, wellfan,      jesus christ even steelboy / yodo   anybody we need GOOD players not just numbers   

Here's one for you to ruminate over. Rumour: Tyler Smith from Hull City - a striker. Simply a rumour and may be nothing in it.

27 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Here's one for you to ruminate over. Rumour: Tyler Smith from Hull City - a striker. Simply a rumour and may be nothing in it.

He’s got 4 goals in 2 year, exactly what we need 😂😂

Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest to see James Scott back this month, injury or not. 🙄

A nice wee video for social media of him gazing at the empty swing park in the Duchess Park as his hair blows in the wind to welcome him back….then in the next pre-match press conference SH will tell us that he’s just trying to shake off a wee niggle and he’s hopeful he’ll be available before the end of the season.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Stevie73 said:

He’s got 4 goals in 2 year, exactly what we need 😂😂

I count five in a year for Hull, might not have the goal haul required but he has been mainly deployed as a sub in the English Championship with Hull. Apparently a few other clubs are interested such as Barnsley and Bolton. When looking at the guys name on Twitter he was rumoured as far back as late September in regards to joining us.

2 hours ago, MJC said:

Would surprise me in the slightest to see James Scott back this month, injury or not. 🙄

A nice wee video for social media of him gazing at the empty swing park in the Duchess Park as his hair blows in the wind to welcome him back….then in the next pre-match press conference SH will tell us that he’s just trying to shake off a wee niggle and he’s hopeful he’ll be available before the end of the season.

If Scott is fit, not the worst move. 

Hearing through Irish League chat that we are looking at Lee Bonis of Larne and Ronan Hale of Cliftonville to bolster attacking options. Bonis also wanted by Rotherham. Both have hit double figures in the last few seasons. Hale has a reputation for the spectacular goal while Bonis is more of a poacher. Conor McMenamin of Glentoran was also being looked at as an option but a fractured leg a few weeks back has cooled down the speculation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

a heard this  morn ( rumour mill )  VV to lincoln city   ffs if he goes that will be SH  singing his own destiny 

40 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

If Scott is fit, not the worst move. 

“If Faddy is fit, not the worst move.”

”If McCormack is fit, not the worst move.”

”If Moult is fit, not the worst move.”

”If Aarons is fit, not the worst move”.

If we bring in yet another ex player who has spent the best part of the last year out injured then we will officially become a full blown parody of ourselves.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MJC said:

If we bring in yet another ex player who has spent the best part of the last year out injured then we will officially become a full blown parody of ourselves.

Exactly,there's no reason to be bringing the likes of scott back,he looked miles off it for Hibs and has done next to nothing since he left us.i can see his career following a similar path to lee Irwin,i wouldn't be surprised if he end up in paisley with robinson.

46 minutes ago, Kris-A-Goalda said:

Hearing through Irish League chat that we are looking at Lee Bonis of Larne and Ronan Hale of Cliftonville to bolster attacking options. Bonis also wanted by Rotherham. Both have hit double figures in the last few seasons. Hale has a reputation for the spectacular goal while Bonis is more of a poacher. Conor McMenamin of Glentoran was also being looked at as an option but a fractured leg a few weeks back has cooled down the speculation.

Better options than Shields at the very least.

20 minutes ago, mfc said:

Exactly,there's no reason to be bringing the likes of scott back,he looked miles off it for Hibs and has done next to nothing since he left us.i can see his career following a similar path to lee Irwin,i wouldn't be surprised if he end up in paisley with robinson.

So not right for us but ok for a team 5th in the league ? IF fit he showed plenty of qualities when with us and he’s still young. I would not put him in the same category as players years older that are never fit. I know it’s easy to knock Robinson but he took players who got slated on here and he’s hardly struggling the way we are.

51 minutes ago, MJC said:

I would argue you’re comparing apples and pears with most of those names.

26 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

So not right for us but ok for a team 5th in the league ? IF fit he showed plenty of qualities when with us and he’s still young. I would not put him in the same category as players years older that are never fit. I know it’s easy to knock Robinson but he took players who got slated on here and he’s hardly struggling the way we are.

I'm not knocking robinson at all,he's the only my manager that has got something out of scott so far,so it wouldn't be surprise to see them work together again.irwin and Scott are very similar in terms of when they left us,both got good moves down south and neither kicked on,scott may well kick on but I just don't see it.

8 minutes ago, mfc said:

I'm not knocking robinson at all,he's the only my manager that has got something out of scott so far,so it wouldn't be surprise to see them work together again.irwin and Scott are very similar in terms of when they left us,both got good moves down south and neither kicked on,scott may well kick on but I just don't see it.

Ok fair enough

• David locked this topic