2022/23 ins & outs discussion

David

53 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

agree about the 3 positions you mention. 

Re Penney, he may end up being a 'Well player longer term. Although back at his parent club it's clear we're keen on him, they will want some form of fee.  Suspect on the last day on the window he'll come back.

Re SOD. A player of his capability should be an easy pick each week - particularly given how poor our defence & midfield have been BUT it's not worked for him over the last 2 years.  Should be an easy player to offload to many clubs in the SPL.

Penny has signed for Charlton, so defo not coming back. 

3 hours ago, Yodo said:

Let’s hope the cup result doesn’t hide the fact we need at least another two players in a defender and a midfielder to play the holding role . If we can get sign at least two then I’m quietly confident we won’t be in the bottom two 

so whos your pick for bottom 2 yodo  ?    because any one of us, ross co st j  dundee utd and killie  could end up bottom 2   utd and killie probably improving and st j  in decline, theres not a lot of wiggle room left,  for what its worth some of the radio PUNDITS  think we will be ok ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, remember they said that bout hibs under butcher 

55 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

Going down I'd say are County because they're a really poor side and Killie because Lafferty's a fud. 

At this point there appears to be little between the teams at the bottom, our form is as poor as anyones.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I know the league is pretty tight, but any time I've seen Aberdeen this season they have been pure mince - yet they are still in 5th place.

I think unfortunately it shows just how poor the standard is in the top division of Scottish Football.

If the top teams in Scotland were truly professional, results like tonight would never happen. It is a fairytale result for Darvel but embarrassing for Scottish Football in general.

Could Motherwell ever beat Barcelona? 

No. It would never happen and that would be two full time professional teams playing each other. The gulf between a Junior Team  and a full time team in Scotland should be as big as that but it is not. As fans we accept the mediocrity in the professional game in Scotland all to readily.

Most worryingly of all Darvel looked the better team throughout. That was no fluke result.

7 minutes ago, star sail said:

I think unfortunately it shows just how poor the standard is in the top division of Scottish Football.

If the top teams in Scotland were truly professional, results like tonight would never happen. It is a fairytale result for Darvel but embarrassing for Scottish Football in general.

To be fair, in the EFL Cup, Mandron scored an equaliser against Brentford (at Brentford) after an early Ivan Toney goal, and Gillingham went on to beat them on penalties.

And I've watched a few lower tier teams in the this season's FA cup beat teams 4 or 5 tiers above them.

It was still entertaining though to watch Goodwin go down in flames. Even if we can only be smug until the next round.

28 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

I’m waiting for a bit before enjoying that score in case we have to play Linlithgow. 

I know what you mean, but it is Aberdeen, managed by Jim Goodwin, I'm going to snigger for a while.

tbh I'm not in the slightest bit surprised at the result, even put a speculative tenner on them last week at 45/1

I watch quite a bit of the WOSL when the 'Well arent playing and have seen Darvel 4 times this season.

Packed full of players with senior experience and they're no mugs.

It could quite easily have been us.

Even better one of their coaches is a diehard 'Well fan.

• Like 1

• David locked this topic