2022/23 ins & outs discussion

David

1 hour ago, wellfan said:

Can anyone provide any insight on this process? It never seems to affect Celtic, or is that because they’ve got more money and clout? 

it did years ago when the authoritys had a problem with goergie caddette i thinkk    then years later celtic were proved right that the sfa fecked them over

1 hour ago, wellfan said:

Interesting. Why does that make it more straightforward? 

It's a points-based system to establish the level of the footballers in question so that, in theory, only high quality non-E.U. footballers are signed. Basically, if we're signing a second tier Japanese with no full international caps and no age group caps the argument will be that we can sign someone else of a similar standard within the U.K.

7 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

It's a points-based system to establish the level of the footballers in question so that, in theory, only high quality non-E.U. footballers are signed. Basically, if we're signing a second tier Japanese with no full international caps and no age group caps the argument will be that we can sign someone else of a similar standard within the U.K.

And there’s the answer. Thanks. 

2 hours ago, wellfan said:

I don’t think any Well fan would sing the praises of our current midfield, nor do I think other clubs would bite our hand off to sign any of the midfielders. We’re in a strange position, as far as I’m concerned, of not having one standout player. We’re meek and predictable, much like the journeymen who ‘enforce’ the middle of the park for us. 

I started replying but it was turning into a book, so summary….. none of our midfield players have a football brain, they have no positional sense, no composure, which manifests itself as bad passing and ball control, they are slow. You don’t have to be fast to be a good midfield player but FFS you’ve got to have at least one of the other attributes. 

19 hours ago, Robbos boy said:

Sorry Barry just not good enough for the Premier league. 

There's a good chance that we're not good enough for the Premier League either, so he can get some game time with Dundee and potentially return to us next season.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, smiddy said:

its all about opinions  great balls of shire m8   i dont think they are any good but then again playing them with other players MIGHT make them better problem is were running out of time to feck about with configurations, but i am afraid our midfield  splits all our members

I am with you there, even though I think they are " technically" good , the two of them together hasn't worked....anyway maybe the Japanese lad( as he has become known) will tick all the boxes for a midfielder.... assuming he signs.

Riku Danzaki confirmed pending international clearance which if granted will make him available for today. He will wear the No.14 jersey.

How do you say “Welcome to our great wee club” in Japanese”?

Good to see Danzaki has finally put pen to paper and a warm welcome to him, but I'd still like to see another central defender and an experienced defensive midfielder - wishful thinking probably but it might help our finacial position slightly, if Shields moves out on loan to a Championship club.

23 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Good to see Danzaki has finally put pen to paper and a warm welcome to him, but I'd still like to see another central defender and an experienced defensive midfielder - wishful thinking probably but it might help our finacial position slightly, if Shields moves out on loan to a Championship club.

Completely with you , these positions have been an issue for +12 months  

likes of shields , SOD would be of interest to other clubs . 

1 hour ago, MJC said:

Riku Danzaki confirmed pending international clearance which if granted will make him available for today. He will wear the No.14 jersey.

How do you say “Welcome to our great wee club” in Japanese”?

私たちの小さなフットボールクラブへようこそ

12 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I completely forgot, we've also got the left back position to think about following Penney's departure; so thats really positions we should be looking to fill. Very wishful thinking! .

McGinn will stand in for now, but I reckon we will only be able to get another decent LB loanee in if we put Shields and Morris out on loan or otherwise. 

Quietly pleased with the business done so far and with Hammy stating we are still looking to do more it could turn out to have been quite a productive window for us. 

At the very least the moves that have already happened proves that maybe, just maybe, Hammy does know what he is doing, does know where the problems in the team lie, and has been actively trying to fix them.

Of course, we still need to translate that into results, but it would be nice if the manager and the team could grab a few wins and prove a few people wrong.......

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wellfan said:

McGinn will stand in for now, but I reckon we will only be able to get another decent LB loanee in if we put Shields and Morris out on loan or otherwise. 

I kinda think this is where we are at. Although that maybe depends on where Hammy sees SOD. He might feel we need to keep him for cover for Johnston if McGinn is going to play on the left.

One thing Im curious about is that Carroll and Mugabi are both listed as injuries with a timeframe on recovery. But McGinley isnt. Makes me wonder if the boy has another health related problem the club dont want to discuss.......

Whether he's good or not remains to be seen but the signing is certainly a bit more exciting than others .

Might also put to bed that hammel has "no contacts" in the game to get decent players that some have suggested on here.

He had 20 years as a professional and I'm sure he knows loads who are now still in the game.

I read postecoglu helped with this and I'd imagine maybe macdonald and mcgarry in Australia gave some insight also.

If that's a league that we might focus on now then we he has some good contacts. 

1 hour ago, joewarkfanclub said:

I kinda think this is where we are at. Although that maybe depends on where Hammy sees SOD. He might feel we need to keep him for cover for Johnston if McGinn is going to play on the left.

One thing Im curious about is that Carroll and Mugabi are both listed as injuries with a timeframe on recovery. But McGinley isnt. Makes me wonder if the boy has another health related problem the club dont want to discuss.......

There is a lot of secrecy around long-term injuries or illnesses nowadays, which is perhaps due to agents advising the parent club not to disclose personal info to protect the player/asset they represent. Legal issues, etc. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, numpty said:

私たちの素晴らしいウィークラブへようこそ, if Google is to be believed.

私たちの素晴らしいウィークラブへようこそ。ジェットコースターをお楽しみください。

You missed a wee bit.

1 hour ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Quietly pleased with the business done so far and with Hammy stating we are still looking to do more it could turn out to have been quite a productive window for us. 

At the very least the moves that have already happened proves that maybe, just maybe, Hammy does know what he is doing, does know where the problems in the team lie, and has been actively trying to fix them.

Of course, we still need to translate that into results, but it would be nice if the manager and the team could grab a few wins and prove a few people wrong.......

I will personally be delighted if he proves me wrong, I don’t want championship football.

• Like 2

• David locked this topic