St Johnstone V Motherwell 19/03/2022

Kmcalpin

3 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

it was a horrible game to watch but even though we played very little football,  we should never have lost it, st j are also an anti football team.

To be honest, I don't give a toss how god awful other teams are, I'm only interested in how we play, and we're utterly pathetic. If Alexander said anything that suggested he found those performances unacceptable, there might be some hope it would change, but he just drones on about the next game, the next game....truly inspiring stuff.

What's his long term plan? More of the same and scrape some wins, fingers crossed? When a manager who's only concerned with results stops getting results, it's time to go. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stv said:

On to a looser as soon as we let out best player ,goal scorer and playmaker go at New Year . What were we all expecting a goals avalanche. Getting what we deserved not bringing in a quality replacement.Shouldn’t have let him go before one was in place.

if the guy didnt want to be here then you cant keep him         unhappy pleyer blah blah etc etc 

27 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

What's his long term plan? More of the same and scrape some wins, fingers crossed? When a manager who's only concerned with results stops getting results, it's time to go. 

That’s just it he doesn’t appear to have a plan, either long term or short term.

At least if we could see what he was trying to do but it just wasn’t coming off he might look as though he did, but there is nothing.

His team selections and use of subs are mind boggling. We have players like Slattery who can’t get a look in for whatever reason. We brought in Tierney in January and Shaw on loan from Celtic and both have hardly featured. What’s going on there?? And when it’s not working he waits until about 70 mins before making any changes most weeks. 

I don’t know what, if anything, the manager is trying to achieve but whatever it is it clearly is not working and some of the players are looking increasingly more frustrated week to week.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevie73 said:

We ain’t winning both, cmon seriously 

It just shows how shit the league is that were even remotely in with a chance of getting into the top 6.im with you there's no way we will win our next 2 games,I think we will get a point against st mirren and lose at livingston.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobbybingo said:

To be honest, I don't give a toss how god awful other teams are, I'm only interested in how we play, and we're utterly pathetic. If Alexander said anything that suggested he found those performances unacceptable, there might be some hope it would change, but he just drones on about the next game, the next game....truly inspiring stuff.

This for me is a big part of the issue. He's happy with the play, as long as we work hard and somehow magically score more goals he's happy.  

At least Robinson and others admitted when things were poor, albeit he ran out of ideas too. 

2 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

This for me is a big part of the issue. He's happy with the play, as long as we work hard and somehow magically score more goals he's happy.  

At least Robinson and others admitted when things were poor, albeit he ran out of ideas too. 

but are we working hard? I didn't see any great pressing  today, last week , yes, but that was like an end if season game.

14 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

but are we working hard? I didn't see any great pressing  today, last week , yes, but that was like an end if season game.

Agree .At our best we press well but overall it’s dross.

it’s as bad as it was under Robinson’s last 12 months .

why we don’t play some of our better players befuddles me - have they all pissed GA off ?

9 minutes ago, stv said:

Point being we never got a replacement in.

In theory Efford is the replacement - he can play anywhere in the front 3.

Sadly he's rank rotten and offers very little.  Not hugely different to some of the other piss poor signings. 

Even more frustrating is Watt seemed happy and settled back in Lanarkshire.  He left around the same time GA signed an extension. 

Watt wanted to leave and worked with Utd to force our hand. It's pretty clear all that didn't go public without Watt's involvement, and with his history, anyone thinking he would have got over it after a couple of games is kidding themselves. Also, when you start making exceptions to your wage structure, it's a slippery slope. The club did the right thing in this regard.

One player wasn't the reason we were 4th at the end of last year, and isn't the reason we're in freefall now. I'm more concerned that we can't keep a consistent lineup together, and aren't maximizing the minutes of our best players. We've stuck by some poor performers, whilst others have a short leash for some reason. This erratic decision making is killing us and is 100% on the manager, who seems to be more focused on making a point than doing his job.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Whenever we have had good seasons in the past it’s because we had a settled team and played the same team constantly week after week . Now it’s just a raffle to see who plays  each week , then short straws to see what position they play in , except the goalie. This “can play in a few positions “ really is shite.

7 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Johansen towing a milk truck to get back for 2nd goal, but hey Sol don't worry, just grab a megaphone and everyone thinks you are a cool dude

I think both him an OJala are pretty grim. Id punt both of them the first chance we get to move them on. I also dont subscribe to the notion we had a better squad than our results infer. We have dross all over that Squad - Roberts, Carrol, McGinley, Shields to name a few. 

Edited by I'll*no*be*back

I'm not saying that our players are world beaters but a good start would be to pick a formation that utilises the strengths of our best starting eleven, whatever that may be.  The current formation(s) only highlight our squad's limitations.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

I'm not saying that our players are world beaters but a good start would be to pick a formation that utilises the strengths of our best starting eleven, whatever that may be.  The current formation(s) only highlight our squad's limitations.

oh I agree with the right formations and tactics dross can perform better , thank christ we never appointed one of those anti football managers when Robinson left :D