Rangers v Motherwell 28/12/2022

SteelmaninOZ

Things have certainly changed to a degree on the forum. When I joined a few years ago writing off games against the old firm was seen as one of the reasons we never win, a defeatist attitude. We’re now at the point where most people are just writing these games off, sadly me included. I’ve no idea what the thing is with Rangers but it is pretty depressing.

It's actually makes sense Livi,Hibs and Ross county games much more important.

Never know might get something out of this game always hope can never change that but next three games are season changing.

6 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Things have certainly changed to a degree on the forum. When I joined a few years ago writing off games against the old firm was seen as one of the reasons we never win, a defeatist attitude. We’re now at the point where most people are just writing these games off, sadly me included. I’ve no idea what the thing is with Rangers but it is pretty depressing.

1 minute ago, Yorkyred said:

Probably, sort of suggests the manager is also writing off the game.

Wouldn't exactly say writing the game off,apart from KVV that is arguably our strongest 11 available and maybe playing KVV up front on his own is just a waste,also opting for deano to make up the numbers in midfield makes sense..once again I live in hope

12 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Probably, sort of suggests the manager is also writing off the game.

It does and many of his predecessors have done exactly the same. He knows we're in a dogfight. Depending on how things go he has scope to bring on Maguire and Tierney later on and perhaps a youngster at the death. I also thought he might have fielded Maguire in central defence in place of McGinn as a least worst option only - a far from ideal scenario.

12 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

Yep, not writing the game off, just setting up much more defensively with Shields' pace upfront potentially for a counter-attack.

My personal opinion is KVV is the one striker we have that can spring a surprise, I’m afraid Shields is not up to the job against a top team, hope to be proven wrong though. Maybe KVV is injured.

I'm normally 100% wrong in every prediction or bold claim that I make, however, I'm boldly predicting that Hammy has lost his fucking mind.

I said when he was appointed that I hate to see 'club legends' appointed as managers, because one of two things happen. You either end up with fans shouting for their head, or if they're mega successful, they go somewhere bigger, prompting the 'he claimed to be a Motherwell man through and through, lying bastard....' type stuff.

The former outcome is much more likely.