Livingston V Motherwell 2/1/2023

Kmcalpin

14 hours ago, pretzel said:

Penney received his fifth yellow of the season midweek, I wonder if he misses this game. Obviously Blaney will be available as his official transfer goes through on the 1st, nice to see that he's been training with us for a few weeks though.

We performed well against Livi earlier in the season they never got a sniff and we were guilty of passing up numerous chances before the ref threw us a lifeline. The game will certainly not be a classic on that pitch but hopefully we can take home the badly needed three points.

Suspensions kick in 2 weeks after the sixth yellow card.

Is Maguire not worth a start in the 6 position? He’s certainly big and mobile, hasn’t featured much under Hammell. 

Shields needs to be dropped at Livingston. For Tierney maybe or move Spittal into front 3 and Cornelius in midfield.  

Anyone know how David Devine is doing out on loan? Is it likely he could feature for us second half of the season? 

7 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Whilst a win would be very welcome, I'd say that this is a must not lose game. A draw would be a decent result. 

Yeh agree with that!

Avoid defeat today and then hopefully get at least 4 points from the next 2 home games and we’ll be heading back in the right direction!

11 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Also can't believe SOD back on bench, mcginn not been great recently 

O'Donnell was unbelievably pish against Rangers, he didn't find a Motherwell shirt all night. McGinn is a far superior player.

Cornelius (who I rate highly as a centre mid) and Shields starting on the wings highlight everything that's wrong with us at the moment, really need some quality additions in the forward department this window.

I have said many a time that I don't think we will be in relegation trouble this season, we have just enough about us to steer clear, but the difference between fighting for top six and labouring to 9th place will be determined by getting some quality in this month.

1 minute ago, steelman1991 said:

Shields must be a fuckin world beater in training. Either that or he has incriminating photos of Hammell and Kerr ffs 🤦‍♂️ 

Exactly this. Shields is utterly crap. He offers worse than nothing, and has done for 18 months. 

3 minutes ago, spudmfc said:

That's a strange one,looks a 4-4-2,but if SOD fit enough for bench he's our best player in the RB position he must start

Had to edit this after looking at team again,fotmob has Johanson at RB I thought it was max johnston,eyesight not wot it used to be

9 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Cornelius (who I rate highly as a centre mid) and Shields starting on the wings highlight everything that's wrong with us at the moment, really need some quality additions in the forward department this window.

Surely Spittal will play wide, although he's never been comfortable there. 

4 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Indicative of how bad things are that I looked at that lineup and thought "that's shite" and then looked at the other options and realised there wasn't much else to improve it.. Grim and I expect a heavy defeat, hope I'm wrong obviously...

A bit pessimistic Greg. We did/do have a few options to improve it, not many, but a few.