Livingston V Motherwell 2/1/2023

Kmcalpin

Ok lets look forward to next Monday and the beginning of a crucial run of games. Livingston will be a tough nut to crack on their horrible pitch. They may be without 2 of their players due to suspension. Its a game we can't afford to lose.

Plenty of questions though. Will some of our lads be a bit fitter and have recovered from illness?  Should Oxborough start in goal? Will Blaney be fit enough to start? One things for sure - more of the same simply won't do.

Livi have a clued up manager who knows how to grind out a win and shut up shop, we have the opposite . The also have street wise hard working players who are always up for a battle , unfortunately we don’t. 

Home win I’m afraid and more of Hammell being disappointed and wanting to learn from mistakes and more of team burrows telling us he needs a fair shot at it with a January and summer transfer window. 

I hope I am so wrong 

1 minute ago, Motherwellfc1991 said:

Livi have a clued up manager who knows how to grind out a win and shut up shop, we have the opposite . The also have street wise hard working players who are always up for a battle , unfortunately we don’t. 

Home win I’m afraid and more of Hammell being disappointed and wanting to learn from mistakes and more of team burrows telling us he needs a fair shot at it with a January and summer transfer window. 

I hope I am so wrong 

You beat me to it 

Agree with all you said 

22 minutes ago, Alpha1886 said:

Tried to get tickets online. No option shown for away fans. Only offered sections M, N , P in East stand. Think that's for home support. Tried phoning Livingston. Rang out. Anyone been able to get tickets?

Can buy at stadium - but no doubt there'll be lengthy queues if everyone's doing that.

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2022/12/30/next-up-livingston-10/

They don't make it easy to find. When you click the link under the tickets section it directs you to the Livi website so it looks like you have to register and such. I phoned Livi direct yesterday and they fixed my tickets quickly for our end.

27 minutes ago, Alpha1886 said:

Tried to get tickets online. No option shown for away fans. Only offered sections M, N , P in East stand. Think that's for home support. Tried phoning Livingston. Rang out. Anyone been able to get tickets?

Can buy at stadium - but no doubt there'll be lengthy queues if everyone's doing that.

I bought 2 yesterday for the East Stand and they say Away fan on them 🙂 

19 hours ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

You beat me to it 

Agree with all you said 

19 hours ago, Motherwellfc1991 said:

I hope I am so wrong 

That clued up manager has already lost against us under Hammell this season!

We’ll just ignore the soft red card and dodgy penalty that contributed to that win 😉

Penney received his fifth yellow of the season midweek, I wonder if he misses this game. Obviously Blaney will be available as his official transfer goes through on the 1st, nice to see that he's been training with us for a few weeks though.

We performed well against Livi earlier in the season they never got a sniff and we were guilty of passing up numerous chances before the ref threw us a lifeline. The game will certainly not be a classic on that pitch but hopefully we can take home the badly needed three points.

Livi are going to have such an easy shift against our midfield they they won't even break a sweat they are not to shy getting stuck in and don't stop running.

Spittal has the worst gas tank I have seen since Ross Forbes.13 mins into the Rangers game Spittal was looking like he had just ran an ultra marathon puffing an auld dug.

A point at this stage will seem like a victory.

15 hours ago, Alpha1886 said:

If that’s where the link goes then presumably it’s for the away fans