Motherwell v Ross County 14/01/23

pretzel

14 hours ago, Dossertillidie2 said:

While we are moaning about yesterday

anyone any ideas what’s going on with the catering in the pod stand

went down and qued on 40 mins. Took 20 mins to get served to find all I could get was a bar of chocolate or a coke. Not a single pie or bovril available

above all else I think that shows our clubs falling apart 👀

I'm sure that our stadium manager could answer this directly as he must've been aware of any issues. Unless of course he was at Hampden in his SFA role...

TBH I'm not even sure that the club directly provide kiosk catering any longer.

1 hour ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

After watching the highlights, I thought Mkinstry looked promising but during the game,as with other games, I thought he could've done more

I agree about Stuart. He's still a young lad, and he probably knows better than all if us that there's room for improvement.

Lots of lovely touches and a healthy goal return, but he really needs to improve on decision makong as he regularly concedes possession, leaving our awful defence exposed with the midfield in advanced areas.

All of this said, I prefer him in the team than out of it, and would love to see the boy having a great career. Seems a top guy from a lovely family.

• Like 2

I have finally watched the highlights today (after being at the game I just couldn’t bare to watch) but their goal is about the worst goal to concede and would be ashamed to be part of the defence involved. The problem now is SH is spoilt for choice for whom to drop as we cannot afford to have anymore mess ups, but I suspect SH will HOPE that the defenders mainly Lamie/Sol will have learned their mistakes, I am sorry we NEED changes now Stevie and sorry to say that your nice guy image will get you know where with that defence!

1 hour ago, middleeastdave said:

I have finally watched the highlights today (after being at the game I just couldn’t bare to watch) but their goal is about the worst goal to concede and would be ashamed to be part of the defence involved. The problem now is SH is spoilt for choice for whom to drop as we cannot afford to have anymore mess ups, but I suspect SH will HOPE that the defenders mainly Lamie/Sol will have learned their mistakes, I am sorry we NEED changes now Stevie and sorry to say that your nice guy image will get you know where with that defence!

Continuing with Sol and Lamie will see us relegated and Hammy lose his job. 

1 hour ago, wellfan said:

Continuing with Sol and Lamie will see us relegated and Hammy lose his job. 

I think fixing the defense is key to halting the downward spiral. If we can stop gifting goals, it will help us to start picking up more points. That leads to more confidence and better performances. That in turn leads to a better atmosphere from the crowd which helps the players even more. Looking at where we are now main aim is not to finish in 11 or 12 position. It’s mainly the defensive errors that have got us where we are. Hammy, and the players, have to find a way to stop gifting goals to the opposing teams. 

If we're honest, McKinstry is showing exactly the kind of potential that caused Leeds to snap him up at an early age. If he was our own player, we'd be talking about how long we can hold on to him, how long it'll be before interest from larger clubs materialises.

He's young, raw and still got a lot to learn, but he stands out when he's on the ball. He looks like a player who's capable of going a level or two higher than most of our current team.

1 minute ago, texanwellfan said:

He is starting to look better. I was a bit disappointed in his early appearances but I think it’s just taken him a while to settle in. Probably made it more difficult for him coming into the team playing the Way they are. 

I throughly enjoyed his first half performance on Saturday despite those conditions, he was unfortunate that his early shot hit the outside of the post and the County keeper made a decent save but thankfully he wasn't to be denied. He is certainly a massive creative spark going forward but defensively is something that he can improve upon. I think Saturday was only his tenth senior start, as David put it he is still a young, raw player with plenty learning and development to do.

4 hours ago, wellfan said:

I didn't realise plastic shite could freeze.

It's the moisture in the rubber infill that freezes and Livi has so much of it that it ends up solid.

Usually doesnt happen until about -7/8° or a really prolonged bout of cold weather right enough.

7 hours ago, santheman said:

It's the moisture in the rubber infill that freezes and Livi has so much of it that it ends up solid.

Usually doesnt happen until about -7/8° or a really prolonged bout of cold weather right enough.

These ‘pitches’ have no place in elite sport. 

• Like 1