SC Arbroath v Motherwell 21/01/23

SteelmaninOZ

33 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

I don't think I ever remember such disinterest in a 3rd Round (or whatever round this is we've come in at) cup-tie.............................ever.

Nearly 2000 sold so plenty don't share that view including me.

Great wee place for an away day as long as the wind keeps calm.

12 pubs within 10mins of the ground so get there early.

COYW

2 hours ago, Robbos boy said:

Ticket sales don't support that view, see you in Arbroath, COYW!!!!! 

I was basing my opinion on the lack of postings in here. I'm not on other social media apps so when this one is quiet I assumed there was a degree of apathy.

Good luck to everyone heading up - this will be the first SC opening round tie I've missed in 42 years. All that hope over all those years can destroy a man 😀Here's hoping that it will be our year this year. I'll be there in spirit. COYW!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, santheman said:

Nearly 2000 sold so plenty don't share that view including me.

Great wee place for an away day as long as the wind keeps calm.

12 pubs within 10mins of the ground so get there early.

COYW

That's a cracking number to shift. Just based my opinion on the Tumbleweed blowing through here 😄

1 hour ago, steelman1991 said:

I was basing my opinion on the lack of postings in here.

I suspect there are many, like me, who tend to avoid this place when we have a dip in form as there are only so many "man for the job", "must go", "punt him", "need defender/striker/midfielder/" posts you can take.

8 hours ago, weeyin said:

I suspect there are many, like me, who tend to avoid this place when we have a dip in form as there are only so many "man for the job", "must go", "punt him", "need defender/striker/midfielder/" posts you can take.

That's exactly my position, the constant negativity from certain posters just wear you down. I'm more apathetic about our fans than I am about the team.

Oh, and I'm going to Arbroath and this is my first post in this thread.

9 hours ago, weeyin said:

In this instance then, I'm probably one of the "negative" posters. I guess then everyone looks for something different from this place. Personally, I look for a range of different opinions to allow me to gauge the mood of the support, as a whole. How likely that is in an internet forum, I don't know.  If there are negative, or indeed positive, elements within our support, I want to know about them.  A degree of negativity within any group is natural and shouldn't be ignored. Sometimes its justifed sometimes its not. Without listening we run the risk of forming a skewed or false view of matters. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grumpy said:

That's exactly my position, the constant negativity from certain posters just wear you down. I'm more apathetic about our fans than I am about the team.

Oh, and I'm going to Arbroath and this is my first post in this thread.

with a tag like grumpy you can't complain

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, weeyin said:

And then theres also the fact that the internet (and social media) doesnt really reflect reality no matter how much outrage can be generated by a relativley few people on scudbook and twatter

• Like 1