SC Arbroath v Motherwell 21/01/23

SteelmaninOZ

A win against a potentially tricky opponent so let's all enjoy our Saturday night. Mandron getting 2 goals gives us encouragement and also a wake up for KVV as he knows competition for his place but personally I would play pair of them. And clean sheet for Blaney in first game. Happy days

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smiddy said:

feck we wish  he will probs revert back to his norm next week,    any way all take a sclaff aff his erse that just goes over the line and no more at st midden next week we now need to take points

What do you mean back to his norm?he's played 115 minutes for us and scored 2,yes it's against Arbroath, you can't take stats from other teams he's played for,I saw him last week for the time he was on the park,he looks mobile and has a nice touch,I think he'll do just fine for us

2 minutes ago, spudmfc said:

What do you mean back to his norm?he's played 115 minutes for us and scored 2,yes it's against Arbroath, you can't take stats from other teams he's played for,I saw him last week for the time he was on the park,he looks mobile and has a nice touch,I think he'll do just fine for us

yes it was tounge in cheek by me      on OTFs comment  earlier  and if you look back i also said  1 goal in three quarters of a game

Not sure what his goals were like but live text updates described both as shot from centre of box to centre of goal. Not worldly but how many chances  have we squandered this season where we just had to hit then Effen target from close in. So hopefully he continues to do that and has a good influence on KVV

49 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Not me. I’d take a lottery win every time.

Lets hope for consistency.

TO be fair you've probably has a better chance of winning the lottery than seeing a Motherwell win in the last 12 months, as you say let's hope the goals keep coming and lottery of the new signings pays off.

A win is a win. Many had our match as the likely upset in the round, but we got it out of the way and managed to get game time for our new guys, so no complaints.

I'm all for drawing the easiest possible team at home in the next round. I'd put my money on it being accies though. 

12 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Yes, a wins a win and we're through. Not a classic performance though from what I hear. Great support - over 1,000 fans (according to the font of all knowldge the BBC). 

Out of interest who played left back?

Over 2k motherwell fans I think. 

Not a good performance but job done and that’s what the Cup is all about. Liked the look of Mandron, as well as scoring a brace I thought he put himself about well and chased everything.

I enjoyed that today even though it wasn’t a great spectacle, but going away to an old terraced ground like that right next to the sea with a big travelling support is what makes Cup football special.