St Mirren v Motherwell 28/01/23

SteelmaninOZ

Just now, Dossertillidie2 said:

And I’m pretty sure those problems are actively being addressed against the back drop of restricted finances and moving players like shields Morris who on the face of it appear to be unwilling to move given their cushty wee contracts that they have.

I’m  not sure an older head can conjure more money in the budget to remove the players that need shifted on so we can actually sign the quality of players that hammell woulD like 

McInstry, penney and the centre forward on the face of it show me so far that he has the ability to bring in decent players for our budgets

15 hours ago, Suprawell said:

Usual pish from Lego heed.  Now he's complaining about the penalty we should have had... desperate stuff.

I'd still live to play him at poker, his tells are a gift. 

Interesting to see the new Japanese boy coming in, will he drop his beloved Spittal??

Lego heed? Are you 5 years old ?

2 hours ago, couttsy said:

Finally plucked up the courage to watch the highlights. A few observations:

McGinn and Goss horrific for the goal and Kelly not to clever either.

What is the point of having a VAR that doesn’t give that foul on Lamie, it’s so bloody obviously a penalty.

We just can’t start on Wednesday night with a midfield of Slattery, Goss and Spittal, something HAS to change in there. 

Wish I shared Faddys confidence that we’ll be ok. Although the bookies share his view, remarkably we’re 12/1 to finish bottom, really not sure what they’re seeing that I’m not!!

I got 9/1 bottom two 4 weeks ago , stuck £20 on it, the bets under no threat.

39 minutes ago, Dossertillidie2 said:

And I’m pretty sure those problems are actively being addressed against the back drop of restricted finances and moving players like shields Morris who on the face of it appear to be willing to move given their cushty wee contracts that they have.

I’m  not sure an older head can conjure more money in the budget to remove the players that need shifted on so we can actually sign the quality of players that hammell woulD like 

McInstry, the left back and the centre forward on the face of it show me so far that he has the ability to bring in decent players for our budgets

you may well be right  BUT a fresh set of eyes sees things differantly      cause we need to do something to shake it up about or we will be relagated  make no mistake bout that   i dont care that the bookies think we will be safe   cause were uter shite

45 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Suggested that before the turn of the year got shot doon in flames but then again suggested at the start of the season that the 3 stoogies were not good enough for us guess what got shot doon again . Ah well Smiddy cannae win ‘em all 

to be fair to you that is something you have said all along,   i never really rated them but by fuck they are even worse than i  imagined they could be

• Like 1

Anyone see the toxicity in the stands at the end of the game yesterday? Hammy straight down the tunnel, I think. Sol marching over to applaud the fans and getting absolute pelters, and then a club official marching onto the park to stop the players coming over to do similar. They all deserve the boos due to their meek, pathetic displays. Not one of them is a leader. As someone else wrote on this forum, we need hard bastards, and Hammel/Kerr and those players are not that. 

1 minute ago, wellfan said:

Anyone see the toxicity in the stands at the end of the game yesterday? Hammy straight down the tunnel, I think. Sol marching over to applaud the fans and getting absolute pelters, and then a club official marching onto the park to stop the players coming over to do similar. They all deserve the boos due to their meek, pathetic displays. Not one of them is a leader. As someone else wrote on this forum, we need hard bastards, and Hammel/Kerr and those players are not that. 

and shields getting subbed and heading straight down the tunnel

46 minutes ago, wellfan said:

As someone else wrote on this forum, we need hard bastards, and Hammel/Kerr and those players are not that

Bit of truth in what you say I agree.

The players on other hand need the fans to be same and not for some to act like whining little primary school girls .

3 minutes ago, gaz7 said:

The players on other hand need the fans to be same and not for some to act like whining little primary school girls .

you reap  what you sow in life       watching that shite every week really grinds yir cogs

27 minutes ago, gaz7 said:

Down to the players to give the fans a reason to get excited at the moment they are the ones playing like primary school girls . The fans are travelling in numbers but getting nothing back the from the team 

34 minutes ago, Suprawell said:

I'll stick with the football chat, you keep up with the personal stuff, bud.

Ah, so "Lego heed" was football chat. That'll be where I went wrong, struggling to keep up with these new, elite coaching methods.

1 hour ago, wellfan said:

Not nice and I don't like it but understand it. If things continue as they are on the pitch and the Directors don't act then this is only going to get worse. Not in anyone's interest. 

1 minute ago, Kmcalpin said:

Not nice and I don't like it but understand it. If things continue as they are on the pitch and the Directors don't act then this is only going to get worse. Not in anyone's interest. 

Yep, it feels a bit like Hammy is a dead man walking. It's not nice. 

20 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Down to the players to give the fans a reason to get excited at the moment they are the ones playing like primary school girls . The fans are travelling in numbers but getting nothing back the from the team 

Again maybe some truth in that but if you act like said primary school girl and blame it on a footballer then I'm sure your life will be ....... certainly different from mine and majority of people

• Confused 2

Not posted on here for a while. However the above chat has me interested to respond considering a few things I’ve read today. 

Noticed a couple of players liking a few tweets online today. Mainly about the metal health aspect that fans abuse causes. That they are still human etc and maybe encouraging them gives them confidence…..

Tend to agree to an extent but also shows what we are working with in the squad…. We have supported these guys substantially and for an over a year have got hee haw back. 

Personally it’s the most disconnected I’ve felt to a group of players in an awful long time. They don’t fight so don’t see why we have to fight for them. 

2 minutes ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

Not posted on here for a while. However the above chat has me interested to respond considering a few things I’ve read today. 

Noticed a couple of players liking a few tweets online today. Mainly about the metal health aspect that fans abuse causes. That they are still human etc and maybe encouraging them gives them confidence…..

Tend to agree to an extent but also shows what we are working with in the squad…. We have supported these guys substantially and for an over a year have got hee haw back. 

Personally it’s the most disconnected I’ve felt to a group of players in an awful long time. They don’t fight so don’t see why we have to fight for them. 

" fans abuse causes "  ffs man what about the mental abuse they cause the fans ??  mental health works both ways

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Another sign of a lack of leadership at the club? We need strong characters on and off the field, instead we have players complaining about the fans shouting at them. We need coaching staff and senior players pulling everyone together, feck it, if they feel hard done to then use it as a motivation to instill a seige mentality, don't moan about it on social media.

I've spoken to another few fans who are close to chucking it for the season at least, especially after Saturday. The players might get their way and be playing to even more empty seats before they know it (though since they struggled in front of empty seats during the lockdown season it might not be any better for them).

That game would get football stopped. I said it in another thread but seeing that lineup as soon as I parked up in Paisley I couldn't help be feel deflated, I felt that the new signings were giving the place a much needed lift but we reverted to norm, not much we could do about the international clearance and injury to Mandron. Just on the Danzaki issue, the Twitter feed said the clearance never arrived but the match report said "Although latest signing Riku Danzaki was cleared in time for the game, the Japan midfielder didn’t feature in the squad."

We haven't been getting much from VAR since the introduction months ago, despite him winning the appeal the Watt red was correct imo. So far we have been penalised with questionable handballs, Lamie with his back to play and the last minute at Tynecastle when Solholm had his hands by his side, worth bearing in mind Sibbick got away with similar like ten minutes earlier and not to mention the injury time Aberdeen fiasco, every points a prisoner and this great tech is pish tbh, I think everyones worry was that VAR wouldn't make a difference due to the same poor officials operating it which seems to be true. On Saturday there was plenty great angles showing Lamie was wrestled to the ground but it never even warranted viewing by the ref. 

I thought we started the game well but as per we lose the most ludicrous goal (again) and that to a guy who couldn't hit a banjo off of a cows arse. Typically apart from a free kick straight at him I don't think Kelly had much else to do. Carson done well to stop a few of our efforts but they were routine enough to be fair, I heard he needed a scan on his wrist after the game due to the collision with Van Veen, I thought at the time it was just more shit festing. Lamie was unfortunate to see his header just skim past the post, a point was probably the least we deserved but again we went home empty handed.

As disappointing as the result was, it was shocking to see grown men with beetroot faces at full time spewing venom to the players in that manner, probably best take a break if you're going to get that worked up about football.

well finally we have got to the bottom of why goss is shite

in yesterdays sun  he was the featured player in the middle colum, and said he room shares with sol on overnights and as sol snores he puts that down to him basically not having a good game ( his words not mine )  so there we have it troops, sol is sleeping with goss every nite,        how else can we explain how shite he is     feel free to read the said article and comment 🤣

Most of us would agree that our midfield is a huge issue. Players like Goss and Slattery, to name but two, have regressed under Hammell and in some cases there may be other reasons for that as well. I believe that both are better players than they seem to be at the moment. However, as OTF, has said in the past its often about the mix of players in the engine room. To get the best out of individuals they have to be the right blend and play as a unit.  This just isn't happening.

Others may disagree, but I don't see either Goss or Slattery as No 6s, yet thats how they're being played. Slattery has a decent eye for goal and I see him more as an all rounder in the Gorrin mould. What do I know though?